• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NFNXS 2.5-10X32 best hunting ret?

Re: NFNXS 2.5-10X32 best hunting ret?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which reticle would you choose for deer hunting, all ranges? What about the velocity reticle?</div></div>
Which ever one you choose.
You are going to be the one looking thru it.
Go to NF's site and pick each retical and see what works for you.
For Deer hunting,I like a retical that is bold on the outside for quick alignment but has a smaller retical on the inside so you can see precisely where you are aiming. Something like a duplex retical.
If you truly are going to use a mildot and holdovers instead of adjustments then get a mildot and pick which one works for you.
.....SmokeRolls

I've got the HV reticle on mine. It matches up to the calibers I've been shooting lately.
I've also got turrets and Zero Stop so I can put it on anything and use the top wire with the turrets and a dope sheet.

Just remember that the Velocity reticle is accurate ONLY at a specific magnification.

The "velocity" would work just fine but the NP-1 looks even "less busy" in my opinion.
Both have bold outside crosshairs with finer inside crosshairs.
Good luck with your choice and happy hunting.
....SmokeRolls

For hunting fw707 has it right. Its like the Rapid Z in the Zeiss Conquests..it works for hunting situations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "velocity" would work just fine but the NP-1 looks even "less busy" in my opinion.
....SmokeRolls </div></div>

The Velocity is based on the NP-1 reticle.

I've got the LV Velocity reticle. It matches my 308 Fed. 168 Gold to within .2moa at all ranges out to 600. It's like the BDC was made for my rifle/scope height/ammo setup.

I have the Medium Velocity on my .308 bolt action that I use for deer and bear.

It works great out to 600 yds.(at the range, on deer my longest shot to date is 160 yds). with my handloads and selected 150-165 grain commercial ammo the reticle is a perfect match.

I find it to be a very fast hunting scope. Very intuitive.

I really like the NPR2 that I have in mine. For hunting, especially in low light conditions where the shots are not going to be long (generally speaking) then the illuminated NPR2 gives me a pretty good comfort level for placing the cross hairs and the 2 MOA elevation spacing works very well for a lot of hunting calibers to get you into the vital zone with just an easy hold over.

I really like the NP-1 on mine as it is just put the center where you want to aim and pull the trigger. If I want to dial in, I can and return to zero with the zero stop. I almost went with the FC-2 and would not rule it out. Tom