• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing nice boar taken

ccoker

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2008
Central Texas
www.tacticalgunreview.com
Got this one yesterday morning..
Funny part to me is that I was working with this rifle at long ranges and hunted from dark to dark on Saturday anticipating up to a 500 yard shot…
No bucks seen…

Went out stalk hunting yesterday morning and came across this boar who took off running and I popped him about 30 yards out…
Oh well, that’s how hunting goes

I have been using this rifle for a year, I love it! It's not an ultra light build with the 18" barrel, but it's extremely accurate, not the least bit finnicky on ammo and doesn't heat up and cause the groups to open up when shooting a lot.

The scope is optical perfection!
at 1.5x with the dot on, it's about like using a red dot at closer ranges and has such good glass that I feel confident way out there and in very, very low light or hog hunting under moonlight.

Gear used:
Wilson Combat 6.8
Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6x42 Zenith with Flashdot #9 illuminated reticle
Handloaded Barnes 95 TTSX, 29.5g RL10x, SSA Brass
ADM mount

hogjan9jpg.jpg

Re: nice boar taken

Nice porker, looks like he has got some size to him. I take it you lit his ass up with multiple shots or just a one shot kill???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one shot, down hard

never required a 2nd shot with my 6.8
Those Barnes bullets are ugly! </div></div>

Nice!! Shoot as many of those damn things as you can!!

Nice shooting ccoker!! I also used Barnes for the few pigs I've taken. Very effective.

Congrats!! Looks like there is some color variation of the hog. Any side shots of it?

God Bless,
David B.