• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night optics d-760

captdan

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2009
looking at an older night optics D-760 gen 3. Not sure of the age. Asking $1500. Worth it? Seems to work fine. However I don't see any change in view when I turn the top control for " focus"
Also what is the term " film" for when talking about night scopes? The write up indicates large and small film type.
This scope comes with no case or paperwork.

If it works its worth $1500. For the focus look at something at least 200 yards away. Bring it into focus, then look at something 50 yards away, it should be blurry until you refocus. They are repairable with a quick turnaround time.

I

Since we’re at full moon now, it’s going to be impossible to judge performance. Get the SN and call the MFG to see if you can get original specs on that unit. You don’t wanna wind up with a Gen 2 unit.

Reactions: Victor-TNVC
I have the WP version - it's been great. Killed a lot of coyotes with it. Kinda big - but, it was my first. Still use it a lot ( along with thermal ).

IMG_0295.JPG

thanks for the info gents. The manf is no longer around and can't get any info on it. I have located other night vision suppliers that can repair it if needed ( for a high price). It dies indicate gen3 on the scope.
For those that have used this scope what would bd the max range on a dark night.

Reactions: TheHorta
Can't really help you on max range - I can see a long way with mine - but - nearly all of my shots are 200 yards and in. Sorry.

thanks for the info gents. The manf is no longer around and can't get any info on it. I have located other night vision suppliers that can repair it if needed ( for a high price). It dies indicate gen3 on the scope.
For those that have used this scope what would bd the max range on a dark night.

FYI, Night Optics got absorbed into Bushnell. No idea about repair/warranty, but one of the main engineers from NO still works at Bushnell.

Edit: It's a PITA to find, but the website for Night Optics is still up and has contact info for warranty, tech questions, etc.