• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night shoot… outfitting my AIAX/PMII (Texas Hog hunting)

Trek

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2019
Canton Michigan
Looking for suggestions/guidance. I’ve been invited to go hog hunting in Texas (2-3/yr) and I only own one rifle a 20” 308 AIAX with a S&B PMII optic… looking how best to make this set up night vision capable? Ive seen attachment rails and optics in past photos in front of the objective lens… and would prefer this type of ”temporary“ add on/take off as opposed to removing the current scope and installing a dedicated NV/thermal device. Appreciate the help (look to be ready by November).

pvs-30, pvs-22, pvs-27, pvs-24. all readily available. there are still refurb pvs-30 floating around for $5k or so. there were pvs-27 floating around as well but in much lower numbers but can be found.

there are some thermal clip on options as well. bering optics yoter c, tigIR, various military clip ons such as lwts and lwts-lr, utc, utm.

really depends on what you can afford and want to spend.

you might post this in the nv forum for more response.

Reactions: st1650 and Trek
Thanks for the advice! $5k… I’m thinking I’ll shoot until dusk 🤣… but acquiring kit is always fun… I have a start now - thanks!

I didn’t even know there was a NV sub forum… can I delete and repost… or can a moderator move my post (appreciate the heads up)!

You can rent thermals and night vision by the day / weekend / week from various places.

Unless you are still hunting / not walking far, I who’d spend $800-3000 and get a 556 / 6.8 / 7.62 / etc semi auto.

Lighter and easy follow up shots. AIs are pigs to carry around.

Reactions: Trek