• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night shoot at a grand!

hognuts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Dane and I hit the desert this evening, he had to confirm zero before his match in Phoenix on Saturday and once he got that nailed down, we went back and played around with an AR500 IPSIC target at a grand...pretty cool hearing the steel ring in the dark....especially after a shitty day of work!

daneandIatagrand.jpg

Dane at a grand ringing the target with the new 7SAUM build, we shot it with the brake and suppressed, that thing is pretty impressive, I think he said it was only taking 20-21 moa to get to a grand!

Nighttimeistherighttime.jpg

I busted out the 6.5 creedmoor DPMS, it was taking me 27 moa and 4 minutes of wind, managed to ring it 5 consecutive times once I got the wind figured out, that is just what I needed tonight!

Re: Night shoot at a grand!

Bad ass guys! Wish I could of made it out. I got grounded and had to help with house duties.

That looks like fun!
You have me thinking, florescent paint and a light plant at 400 yards shining outward.

Looks like a lot of fun. Tell me about you 6.5. I'm about to convert mine over the a Creedmoor and have been looking for information. Is yours a stock rifle? What length is the barrel? What bullet are you using and what kind of MV are you getting?

Nice man ! Were you using night optics or just plain light to see your target ?

One of my shooting partners has a 12volt car battery and a voltage converter, we just plug in an extension cord and use light (s) to illuminate the target, we were both running nightforce scopes, we do not have any night vision equipment...yet, it is in the works for me.

The 6.5 DPMS is a 24 inch barrel with a JP recoil eliminator brake and a Timney trigger, the trigger was massaged a little by a local smith. I have not chroni'd the round since I changed my load, I was running the "factory" 41.5 grains of 4350 and I bumped it to 42.5 Grains of 4350 and I shoot the same round/load in the bolt gun, my overall length is 2.80". I shoot the 140 grain AMAX's although my shooting partners have also had good success with the 139 grain scenars, they both shoot well and the cartridge doesn't seem to be very "load sensitive" there are four of us shooting 6.5's in our group and they all shoot well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dominique</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice man ! Were you using night optics or just plain light to see your target ? </div></div>

Lighting was the "redneck generator" an old truck battery with an ac inverter on it powering a CFL lamp. Not high tech or cool but made with all free to me parts.

Night shoots are always fun. we need to load up some more fun 50bmg rounds. i have a ton of APITs and blue tips still

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dominique</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice man ! Were you using night optics or just plain light to see your target ? </div></div>

Lighting was the "redneck generator" an old truck battery with an ac inverter on it powering a CFL lamp. Not high tech or cool but made with all free to me parts.

Night shoots are always fun. we need to load up some more fun 50bmg rounds. i have a ton of APITs and blue tips still </div></div>

Sounds good! That is sometimes hazardous to your lights' safety though!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dominique</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice man ! Were you using night optics or just plain light to see your target ? </div></div>

Night shoots are always fun. we need to load up some more fun 50bmg rounds. i have a ton of APITs and blue tips still </div></div>

I bet tracers would be cooler to watch. You can get 100 pulled and sized tracers for 29 bucks at hi-tech ammo. Just a thought....

We have done the Tracer ammo before, we had some "APIT" rounds they do look pretty badass! The batch we had seemed to have alot of dud tracers though, seems like about every third one or so didn't trace, the incindeary part worked like a champ, but the tracers were hit or miss, I still have a few left. Both do numbers on the coleman propane tanks!
wink.gif

LVShooter, come and join us if you can, hit me or Dane up, I PM'd you with our numbers if you are free.