• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night Vision Helmet Rigs----Let's see em!

cssnider1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2014
Henderson, TX
Just bought me a an/pvs 14 and trying to decide on a helmet setup. Debating between Ops-core and Team Wendy Exfil......

Let's see your pics and what mounts, accessories, etc. you have. Need all the input I can get. I'll be using mine for hog hunting here in east texas

Yeah I looked at that one. Not a wide range of specifics on there. I did find a thread on AR15.com that was specifically helmet setups. Pretty good info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have used pretty much all of them and I like the Team Wendy LTP the best. The Hide needs more dedicated pic threads. Pics to follow.

I love my Team Wendy EXFIL LTP. It will have a nice ratchet BOA system for tightening up on your noggin and have 2 rails to put of each side. I love everything about it. Weight, strength, and it has an integral mount on the front for like a RHINO mount or such. Like 300ish I thnk

I didn't have a pic on hand with the mounts and NV on it, but will do it this week. I use the Pro-Tech as a loaner so I can take buddies out with me. However, when I go out with my wife she gets the LTP. Ill get pics of the others as well, but most are rather bare.
My counter weight on the LTP is a double mag pouch with 2 Glock 19 mags. Also, there is a surefire light/IFF, Photon IR, Phoenix strobe, and IR850W.
Some of the same items on the PT, but it doesn't get used as much so items are added per outing.

1Oquc4f.jpg

CcknBv7.jpg

51jJaNt.jpg

I've got one if the Emerson replica helmets. I was thinking I could use the shell and swap everything over to Ops-core parts. As far as the shroud and rails.

Just not sure on which mount to get

I do use it all, sometimes we are 5-6 miles out in the swamps for hours on end and it pays to have everything you need out there so you can get back to civilization. I don't use lead counter weights though, fresh batteries instead, 18650, CR123, AA for GPS, Thermal scopes, DBAL-D2s, and the PVS-14s.

Those tiny finger lights on top front are Photonics IRs to use on the helmet or throw down when leaving the trail after wounded game to find you way back to the trail.

The Team Wendy XFIL is a life saver, no headaches and very comfortable all year around, I do wear a thin skull cap underneath sometimes to keep the sweat down.

I do use it all, sometimes we are 5-6 miles out in the swamps for hours on end and it pays to have everything you need out there so you can get back to civilization. I don't use lead counter weights though, fresh batteries instead, 18650, CR123, AA for GPS, Thermal scopes, DBAL-D2s, and the PVS-14s.

Those tiny finger lights on top front are Photonics IRs to use on the helmet or throw down when leaving the trail after wounded game to find you way back to the trail.

The Team Wendy XFIL is a life saver, no headaches and very comfortable all year around, I do wear a thin skull cap underneath sometimes to keep the sweat down.

I always keep several of the Photonics IR lights on me as well (you can see them on both helmets). One on each helmet, some in my pockets, and one on a lanyard or D-ring, depending on what gear I am carrying. They used to have one with a strobe feature and I cant find them now. The TW is the best helmet I have used by a large margin. I use two mags for a counterweight, but keep a pouch full of batteries on my person. You can never carry enough.

OP, whatever helmet you choose, use the bungee's not only as a fail safe but to reduce any wobble. When I go out in the field I also use a lanyard. I cry to think of what it would be like to loose $3,500-$9,000 depending on what I am running at the time, just because I didn't take an extra 5 seconds to secure my gear.

OP, whatever helmet you choose, use the bungee's not only as a fail safe but to reduce any wobble. When I go out in the field I also use a lanyard. I cry to think of what it would be like to loose $3,500-$9,000 depending on what I am running at the time, just because I didn't take an extra 5 seconds to secure my gear.

Solid advice......thanks...don't wont to lose a set of nv's or anything else for that matter

Mine is the carbon Fiber Wendys. I am using the Wilcox mounting system, and the ModArmory D-14, which I use when driving. Itherwise I use the Wilcox with a single 14 for walking. Just my thing. Have been very happy qith the set up. I do like Delta suggested and use the bungee and a wilcox lanyard. I have had the single mount come off when I was in the woods and hit a tree. fell right in front and was still on the lanyard. Now I also use the bungee and try to stay out of the woods.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Ops Core base jump with the Mod Armory dual mount thanks to Peter. He'll tell you what mount that is, I dont remember. Works great...I did add a big counter weight, now just waiting for it to get above 20 to see how it is in the field.

new helmet arrived today, my NOROTS AKA2 mount should be here tomorrow. And should have my PVS14 this week. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of my rig soon

FAST, TNV/PVS-14, Wilcox L4 and G11. Overkill and bound to suck in the summer but not uncomfortable or heavy, ymmv

Attachments

• fast_cvr1.jpg
    fast_cvr1.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 35
  • fast_cvr2.jpg
    fast_cvr2.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 35
uploadfromtaptalk1393374805579.jpg

Finally got it set up. Almost finished with it. Ended up with just using the Emerson helmet I had for now with the Multicam cover. Norotos AKA2 mount. Surefire light with white and IR lights. And the soe helmet ballast. Works good for now!

View attachment 31193

Finally got it set up. Almost finished with it. Ended up with just using the Emerson helmet I had for now with the Multicam cover. Norotos AKA2 mount. Surefire light with white and IR lights. And the soe helmet ballast. Works good for now!

Lookin good brother!

The next step for the above setup is a Wilcox dual MUM bridge....

OpsCore helmet ModArmory dual PVS14 mount and Armasight 850nm IR

Attachments

• 1495708_10201916666331070_1459233362_o.jpg
    1495708_10201916666331070_1459233362_o.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20131121_131514_979-1.jpg
    IMG_20131121_131514_979-1.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20131121_131359_483-1.jpg
    IMG_20131121_131359_483-1.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 50
So do y'all experts say ops core or exfil? I'm also looking at doing a helmet setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not an expert, but I like the Team Wendy LTP the best. It is a lot of helmet for $299. I love the BOA system, and pretty much everything else about it.

a couple of my setups , the fione is a Gallet TC2001

Here they are a couple of my last setups , the first one is a Gallet TC2001 with a good Team Wendy Cam Fit ret. system plus jingles & bells , the other one is an Ops-Core SkullCrusher with some other Jingles & bells , enjoy :)

2014-04-04165445.jpg

1978475_10153986524305710_401855067_o.jpg

PP out

Night Vision Helmet Rigs----Let's see em!

Here's mine. It's a little different than most of the others. Gallet helmet and ANVIS 9
u6e5yqe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a quick shot of my rig at Shot in the Gem Tech Booth. The Dual 14s are mounted on an INVG which is not my fav mount for dual tubes. The use of counterweights offsets this but not the best!

Last edited:
Ops core helmet , itt pvs 14 from tnvc

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 38
Got my Crye Precision Nightcap in yesterday. Put a counterweight on the rear, and a Wilcox mount with lanyard on the front. This setup supports my dual pvs14's nicely. I haven't fielded it yet....but I'll submit a review when I get some time with it. So far, I'm loving it though.
Here's a couple of pics with the nightcap on my daughter.

Last edited: