• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night Vision Melon Cover Rigs...Show em

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    See so many here talk about their helmets and such but not many pics of them. Love looking at all the rigs out there and loadouts.

Thought I'd start if off...

1599235125535.png

You'd laugh at me because its still just a plain Team Wendy in FDE with no earpro mounted yet, just my PVS-14 lol.

Hey Vic, how 'ya doing? That part of the copter ride you offer or that some work stuff? Or those two just need some alone time?

You oughta know my setup, you sold it to me! BTW, that Crye soft cover is still the titties, only thing I really use. Thanks, if you hadn't turned me onto that I'd probably never have considered it and been content with that Airframe I seldom use (but still glad I have).

I don't have much on my helmet, cover, mount, light, but I would like to either mount the Comtac 4's to it or else figure out a way to use 'em comfortably without doing that.

I'll try and get some pictures but I've got over 200 staples and god knows how many stitches in my R foot at the moment so you'll have to 'scuse me at the present.

FWIW, if you guys need NV shit, Vic is THE man to talk to. Period, end of discussion.

Note to self:
    From this picture I can deduce.....
    Victor can probably stomp your (my) ass
    Victor can probably find out where you (I) live, where you work, and where you play
    Therefore, don’t piss off Victor
    Got it👍

No, that'd be THEIS and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it all from the quantum realm at that. Vic's your buddy, a good guy, but yeah, I wouldn't wanna rub him wrong unless I was ready to get down. The guy's certainly an asset to the 'Hide.

20200905_000027.jpg

I'll jump in and Yes... yes I know it's pretty skimpy, Victor, but a guy needs to start somewhere.....

Who are the two gay dudes scissoring together on the rope? One has to be Sam. (I always suspected).

ETS: Upon closer inspection, that’s full-on cowboy and the dude on the right appears to be enjoying it. 😜

Last edited:
    Note to self:
    From this picture I can deduce.....
    Victor can probably stomp your (my) ass
    Victor can probably find out where you (I) live, where you work, and where you play
    Therefore, don’t piss off Victor
    Got it👍

Vic won’t, but 50 of his best friends will. 😋

Reactions: Victor-TNVC
    View attachment 7416447
    I'll jump in and Yes... yes I know it's pretty skimpy, Victor, but a guy needs to start somewhere.....
    Well IMHO you are starting out awfully wrong. If I were you, in the interests of safety, I would get the Luna off the helmet. That is way too strong and potentially dangerous illuminator to have on a helmet. Would you mount a loaded Pistol on your helmet?

Point being, you screw up one time with it on and rake it across someones eyes, well there you go. Permanent eye damage. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to educate. For example, you and someone else at night out and your bud says something to you, it is natural instinct to turn your head towards him as you reply. I have seen this happen many times with LED illuminators on helmets. That is bad enough but not very dangerous to someones eyes except it washs out NODS and can overpower someones NODs and do tube damage.

A Luna should be mounted on a rifle or carried in a pouch and pulled out to specifically hand hold illuminate something and then immediately put back in the pouch after use.

I got a lot of time out at night with people under NODS. I would not go anywhere with anyone that had a Luna on their helmet. Point Blank Period.

Point taken. I thought Luna's were eye safe? Any suggestions for a decent long range illuminator?

Point taken. I thought Luna's were eye safe? Any suggestions for a decent long range illuminator?
    The Luna ElIR-3 is a laser based diode. If you took its training bra off and it is performing like it should, it is not eye safe.

I run Evolva T20's also know as UniqueFire T20's. They are eyesafe. These are LED 850nm Illuminators that run on 18650 rechargeable batteries and the Bezel is focusable from tight to wide and has 3 power settings. Low, Medium and High. Slap a 950 nm Pass Filter in front of it and there is ZERO red glow that comes out of them and they are a true stealth illuminator that cannot be seen via animal or human eyes that are not wearing NV.

Right side of picture is a Evolva or Uniquefire T20 with 950 nm Pass Filter installed.

1599325552667.png

Training bra is still on as per your warnings awhile ago. Not trying to fry eyes so I replaced with a D2 on my hunting rifle but need something comparable for helmet mount.
    Haven't been out hunting yet as NV only became legal in PA on the 1st.
    Is your setup very heavey?

Reactions: WhereNow&How
    Training bra is still on as per your warnings awhile ago. Not trying to fry eyes so I replaced with a D2 on my hunting rifle but need something comparable for helmet mount.
    Haven't been out hunting yet as NV only became legal in PA on the 1st.
    Is your setup very heavey?
    As long as you have the training bra on the Luna on helmet will be ok.

My setup is not light by any means. However, it is properly counterweighted, has 4 D (clouds of Titties) pads and a H-Nape chinstrap. All of that is necessary for a comfortable helmet setup. I can go 10 to 12 hours a night without any issues, but I have a strong neck and wear my stuff on a pretty regular basis so I am pretty used to it.

If I wear a CRY Nightcap and single 14/COTI it seems like I am NAKID.

HE AINT HEAVY, HE'S MY BROTHER :)

Who are the two gay dudes scissoring together on the rope? One has to be Sam. (I always suspected).

ETS: Upon closer inspection, that’s full-on cowboy and the dude on the right appears to be enjoying it. 😜
    Lol, I'll be sure to pass on the "scissors" comment..You crack me up. Love ya man!

• Love
    Reactions: TheHorta
    Hey Vic, how 'ya doing? That part of the copter ride you offer or that some work stuff? Or those two just need some alone time?

You oughta know my setup, you sold it to me! BTW, that Crye soft cover is still the titties, only thing I really use. Thanks, if you hadn't turned me onto that I'd probably never have considered it and been content with that Airframe I seldom use (but still glad I have).

I don't have much on my helmet, cover, mount, light, but I would like to either mount the Comtac 4's to it or else figure out a way to use 'em comfortably without doing that.

I'll try and get some pictures but I've got over 200 staples and god knows how many stitches in my R foot at the moment so you'll have to 'scuse me at the present.

FWIW, if you guys need NV shit, Vic is THE man to talk to. Period, end of discussion.

No, that'd be THEIS and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it all from the quantum realm at that. Vic's your buddy, a good guy, but yeah, I wouldn't wanna rub him wrong unless I was ready to get down. The guy's certainly an asset to the 'Hide.
    Good Brother. Good to see your type. You out in the civy world now? Glad to see the gear is still going strong and thank you for the kind words. Several asset members here on the Hide nowadays . The Mod in particular is great Patriot as well! Nah, not sucking up. LoL He's given me some valuable advice on job stuff for a family member wanting to serve.

I’d reconsider the comtac 4’s unless you’ve tried them out helmet mounted. I like them a lot as a stand-alone headset for when I’m not wearing a helmet but outside of that it gets weird. If you want in the ear, and don’t need wired comm leads, I’d just get something like the in-ear Walkers. Peltor even makes a few sets. Most of them can Bluetooth now.

Reactions: stefan73
    Cheesy Howard Leights. Been on there 3-4 years now. Work surprisingly well, but rarely used anymore since shooting suppressed.
    You don't still use ear pro. Dude.

He’s expressing surprise at the fact that you don’t use ear pro when firing suppressed.

I’m the same way. I use a 9 inch can with a 8 inch barrel 300 bo. My ears take a small kick when I mag dump but I rarely fire more than 5 rounds a night.

• Haha
    Reactions: TheHorta
    He’s expressing surprise at the fact that you don’t use ear pro when firing suppressed.

I’m the same way. I use a 9 inch can with a 8 inch barrel 300 bo. My ears take a small kick when I mag dump but I rarely fire more than 5 rounds a night.

Bruh... I was being ironical. 😜

The Luna ElIR-3 is a laser based diode. If you took its training bra off and it is performing like it should, it is not eye safe.

I run Evolva T20's also know as UniqueFire T20's. They are eyesafe. These are LED 850nm Illuminators that run on 18650 rechargeable batteries and the Bezel is focusable from tight to wide and has 3 power settings. Low, Medium and High. Slap a 950 nm Pass Filter in front of it and there is ZERO red glow that comes out of them and they are a true stealth illuminator that cannot be seen via animal or human eyes that are not wearing NV.

Right side of picture is a Evolva or Uniquefire T20 with 950 nm Pass Filter installed.

View attachment 7416700
    WN&H.... after pursuing about 35 pages of helmets on ARFCom I noticed by far the most popular mounted ir light is the Surefire M340V. Will 100 mW throw out much light?

Good Brother. Good to see your type. You out in the civy world now? Glad to see the gear is still going strong and thank you for the kind words. Several asset members here on the Hide nowadays . The Mod in particular is great Patriot as well! Nah, not sucking up. LoL He's given me some valuable advice on job stuff for a family member wanting to serve.

Yeah, I been out a while! Suffering from the good times... Got 200 staples in my R foot at the moment, probably from road marching with 200+lb rucks wearing what amounted to rubber coated moccassins! I'll be back to busting shit up before long. I've been hard on this body and lost count of the surgeries need to fix it. I figure if you ain't got a few pounds of metal in 'ya one way or another, you were either lucky or you stayed at home. May have to give it some time to catch up though. I hear the new knee replacements are supposed to be the titties, I'll review those in a couple years I reckon as well!

Oh the mod? Meh... Just kidding. I don't agree with how he cleans rifle barrels but not gonna take the man to the mat over it. Seriously, he's good people too and been around, even if he does have a penchant for grape crayons. But a little reach around never hurt...

Gonna go to the shop and take pictures now.

Shit's pretty simple, KISS and all: an Airframe, goggles, small light and that's it. I don't like a lot of shit on my head and the goggles don't usually stay on it. The soft cover has batteries in the back to offset weight (and for spares of course). Only helmet I'd wanna wear anymore. Go Crye!
    IMG_1355.JPG

Some cool shit doesn't come with a price. Like these custom ESS anti IR laser impregnated lenses. Not a coating mind you.
    IMG_1357.JPG

I have the "I come, I fuck shit up, I leave" patch in the closet. I usually wear that one on a hat though when I have to go to the VA hospital. Lotsa laughs.
    IMG_1356.JPG

By far the best compact and light setup, and it's been used the most over the years, I swear by this damn thing:
    IMG_0987.JPG

Last edited:
    WN&H.... after pursuing about 35 pages of helmets on ARFCom I noticed by far the most popular mounted ir light is the Surefire M340V. Will 100 mW throw out much light?
    The Surefire M340 V 100 mW LED IR at 860 nm is a pretty pipsqueak IR Illuminator with only 2 power settings, On or Off.

The Evolva T20's are 1.5 to 3 Watts, so they are at a minimum 15 times stronger. They will do it all as a helmet light. They work well on Low and bezel spread out in CQB that does not wash out your NV and if you need long range just bump it up to high and tighten beam width.

I run Surefire M600 DF with Mod Light OKW 69,000 candela heads on rifles and they are excellent. Love me some Surefire in right application. The Surefire M340 has no variable power setting and the beam width is fixed because you cannot adjust the bezel width of the beam.

For a do all helmet mounted Illuminator, the Evolva -Uniquefire T20's will outperform by far, in every category, at a fraction of the cost of a Surefire M340V.

Far superior and variable performance at a fraction of the cost. No brainer for me. Some folks go for the look, I go for the performance. YMMV.

I’d reconsider the comtac 4’s unless you’ve tried them out helmet mounted. I like them a lot as a stand-alone headset for when I’m not wearing a helmet but outside of that it gets weird. If you want in the ear, and don’t need wired comm leads, I’d just get something like the in-ear Walkers. Peltor even makes a few sets. Most of them can Bluetooth now.

Huh. I was wondering if they'd work well under the Airframe as an alternative, haven't tried it. I can see how they'd be odd though with a helmet. Maybe you're right. Keep these for regular use and with the soft cover. ***I just tried 'em on without being attached, no, that doesn't work either --I have Peltor rail mounts, I just need the wires or clips or whatever to make it work***

I have the Peltor tactical (7's? The bigger, 29NRR ones). I'd rather have a set of comtac 3's for it but I got the 4's for a song --they're totally different animals though. I think the 7's can be modded to a radio? If so, that'll do the job. I have cans too but I also have BMGs... Ear pro still applies. Particularly with the crew served junk.

Howard Leight's on a damn helmet... That's funny man. FWIW, those will usually fit under a PASGT or ACH.

Last edited:
    Where did you get the GBPSE patch? I absolutely need one.

I think I custom ordered a couple from Tactical gear junkie. Price was reasonable, and turnaround was about a week IIRC.

Reactions: onion
    As long as you have the training bra on the Luna on helmet will be ok.

My setup is not light by any means. However, it is properly counterweighted, has 4 D (clouds of Titties) pads and a H-Nape chinstrap. All of that is necessary for a comfortable helmet setup. I can go 10 to 12 hours a night without any issues, but I have a strong neck and wear my stuff on a pretty regular basis so I am pretty used to it.

If I wear a CRY Nightcap and single 14/COTI it seems like I am NAKID.

HE AINT HEAVY, HE'S MY BROTHER :)

View attachment 7416700
    WN&H..... Just attached the T-20 I got today and we went for a walk. That illuminator is a beast! I was lighting up the trees across the field 340 yds away on low power focused tight. It ain't pretty but it's doing what I want it to. In fact it's showing up the Luna w/o it's t-bra. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
    WN&H..... Just attached the T-20 I got today and we went for a walk. That illuminator is a beast! I was lighting up the trees across the field 340 yds away on low power focused tight. It ain't pretty but it's doing what I want it to. In fact it's showing up the Luna w/o it's t-bra. Thanks for the tip.
    Nice thing about that puppy it is so strong you can put a 950 Pass Filter in front of it which will kill all red visible glow to human or animal eyes and even throttled back because of the 950 Pass Filter it still has plenty of long range throw when you need it too. Or just click it on low and widen the beam up and it is a great CQB Illuminator.

Nice thing about that puppy it is so strong you can put a 950 Pass Filter in front of it which will kill all red visible glow to human or animal eyes and even throttled back because of the 950 Pass Filter it still has plenty of long range throw when you need it too. Or just click it on low and widen the beam up and it is a great CQB Illuminator.
    Thanks, I just ordered one for my new helmet. I had this Luna on this past weekend during a hunt and had to be REAL careful not to blind my wife at camp. She needs her vision to see messes to clean up around the house, so this is the least that I can do for her :cool:

L3 BNVD-1531 (filmless) - about a 135 day wait

No Spec Sheet - 2376 min FOM - I couldn't find any blems or peppering in either tube

3.JPG

Nest.JPG

Attachments

• 266B012F-8E28-430F-96E3-BB6E1DF5F2EC.jpeg
      266B012F-8E28-430F-96E3-BB6E1DF5F2EC.jpeg
      217.9 KB · Views: 94
    • D5E408C4-779F-44A1-A73C-D378F8E512AF.jpeg
      D5E408C4-779F-44A1-A73C-D378F8E512AF.jpeg
      401.6 KB · Views: 99
    Last edited:
    I bought my stuff from TNVC. I love the nightcap!! I used that a lot while OC'ing here at JRTC. For ears I have some peltors the audiologist hooked me up with which I ran to my radio.