• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night Vision Recording

Mumbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Pittsburgh Area
So after getting screwed by Night Combat Solutions, I am still in search of a good way to record what my PVS-14 is seeing. Or, failing that, a digital camera that is helmet mountable that will do a decent job of recording in low light. I've been googling around, but don't have a good idea of what's out there.

I know Tachyon used to sell a version of their camera that was supposed to perform decently in low light, at least with IR help. I'd prefer something a little better than that, but I don't see that available anymore, and I'd like something a little better anyway.

I don't have the budget for the Wilcox camera, but there's got to be something in between. Honestly, Night Combat Solutions FPRS was exactly what I was looking for, but the dude sent me a messed up unit and then fell off the face of the earth.

Right on, I totally forgot about that option. The majority of the bulk and weight being mounted to the side of the helmet and not hanging off the rhino is what initially made me choose the NCS FPRS, but a functional system from a company that I know isn't going to disappear overnight definitely outweighs any minor design preferences.

Let me make sure Hurricane Irma doesn't throw all my worldly possessions into the sea and then I'll see about ordering one.