• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce ATACR™ 4-16x50 F1 and SHV 3-10x42

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    Nightforce Optics Introduces Two New Riflescopes

Nightforce® Optics has announced the expansion of the ATACR™ and SHV™ families. The ATACR™ 4-16x50 F1 rounds out the mid-powered premium offerings with another capable first focal plane optic. While in the SHV™ family the 3-10x42 will now offer the MOAR and Forceplex with illumination.

Nightforce Optics premium ATACR™ line is based on a simple motivation, build the ultimate riflescope. The ATACR™ 4-16x50 F1 offers shooters a choice of a 50mm objective lens for even greater lowlight and long-range capability. Nightforce's patented ZeroStop™ elevation adjustment has 100 MOA or 30 mils of elevation travel. Other features include brilliantly clear Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass,
    optimized intelligent reticles such as the MOAR and Mil-C, an integrated Power Throw Lever (PTL) that makes magnification changes very fast in any condition. As standard with other DigIllum equipped scopes, the digital illumination provides both red and green options at the shooter's preference. Also included with the scope are custom Tenebraex flip-up lens covers. The ATACR 4-16x50 F1 will meet the demanding needs of law enforcement, hunters who want a versatile first focal plane optic and competitors wanting great glass in a compact package.
    The SHV™ family has been available for several years and is in use by shooters and
    hunters. Nightforce prides itself in listening to the wants of shooters, in turn the SHV™ 3-10x42 will be available with an Illuminated MOAR™ or Forceplex™ reticle for use in lowlight conditions. The now user adjustable illumination control used replaces the parallax adjustment on the 3-10x, allowing the reticle brightness to be adjusted to meet current conditions.

"Nightforce listens to its consumers and each of these scopes were developed based upon feedback of consumers, our dealer base and professionals in the field. As with any Nightforce product we have designed, tested and built these optics to provide performance beyond expectations whether in our premier ATACR line or our more affordable SHV family" said Alan Stilwell, Nightforce North American Sales Manager.

The Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 F1 has an MSRP of $2,500; and the SHV 3-10x Illuminated has an MSRP of $985.

Will the ATACR have the same locking elevation turret as the current FFP x42mm or the taller one of the SFP x50mm??

I must be the only one happy about the shv getting illumination.

I am curious... in what areas are the 50mm objective going to be a significant improvement over the 4-16x42 F1, given the slight increases in length/weight, and giving up the low profile locking turret?

I am curious... in what areas are the 50mm objective going to be a significant improvement over the 4-16x42 F1, given the slight increases in length/weight, and giving up the low profile locking turret?

As a rule, the larger objective will offer higher resolution and a larger exit pupil. It remains to be seen if there is an observable difference between these two scopes.

Otherwise, some shooters don't need or prefer the low-profile configuration of the 42mm version, so a tall turret with more elevation adjustment is favorable.

Ended up picking up an ATACR 4-16x50 F1 for a new Tikka T3X CTR 6.5CM and could not be happier. Crystal clear and turrets feel great, have not ran a tall target test yet but seems spot on from previous data.

I just got mine today too but it was pretty late. Nothing to do but look around a dim house and a dark outside.

The red illumination seemed much brighter than the green. I had almost forgot all about how the whole ocular rotates its been so long since I owned a Nightforce (last was an old school 3.5-15x56 NXS with NP-R1 I bought about 11 years ago) and doesn't seem as compact as I expected. I may still get the x42 version for another rifle if I like this one.