• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Atacr 4-20 x50

kukworld

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
Have anyone heard about this new scope from NF for 2021? Just saw Instagram post and it was removed immediately.

Reactions: deersniper
Hoping ffp and not to heavy

by looking at the picture, I think the dimensions and weight reminds the same. You get 4 extra power.
The picture I saw is the 50mm objective, so it doesn’t have the 42mm low profile elevation turret.

Oh that’s very interesting...

I would be surprised to see the zero lock show up on any new scopes. I prefer the low profile turrets as well, but Leupold didn't appreciate nightforce using them.

Tag i wonder what the weight is? This could be the ultimate hunting optic if it’s not too weighty

Definitely holding out to see what this one turns out to be. I was ready to order a TT315 hunter or another NX8 for my 300wsm hunting rifle (as soon as the bank recovers from my last thermal) I hated the rotating eye piece on my ATACR 4-16's. I would hope they get rid of that feature. ED glass, 30mm tube and sub 30oz is the rest of the wish list.

I would be extremely disappointed if that's what they come up with for a new ATACR.

My wishlist for a new ATACR would be the NX8 2.5-20 without all the optical issues while keeping the weight under 30oz.

4-20x50 market seems too saturated for me to get excited... especially since I highly doubt it would do anything to sway me from just saving a little more and getting the ZCO420.

Reactions: Stoweit
Lol $3500 versus 2200

I said for me personally on that last bit. Obviously everyone has different perceptions on value and cost.

Still doesn't change that its likely going to be a much bigger and bulkier scope with a 4x bottom end. None of which is appealing as I was hoping they would release a more refined version of the NX8 2.5-20 for the gas gunners.

Again all my personal preferences and what I'm looking for and its largely based on the assumption this is going to be a North of 30oz scope and likely not in that 12-13" range.

And yes I am picky and I know it lol

Pandemic context, I would expect this is incremental improvement:

1- Weighs same as exsiting model ±2oz
2- Costs same as existing model ±10-20pc
3 - Form factor in line with existing line up

The ZCO is 35oz for comparison, so form factor between the two is a wash
Neither optic competing with TT 3-15, or AMG, etc weight class.

Pandemic context, I would expect this is incremental improvement:

1- Weighs same as exsiting model ±2oz
2- Costs same as existing model ±10-20pc
3 - Form factor in line with existing line up

The ZCO is 35oz for comparison, so form factor between the two is a wash
Neither optic competing with TT 3-15, or AMG, etc weight class.

I think you’re spot on.

I'm hearing retail is going to be $3000.

Thats what I would've expected based on the rest of NFs ridiculous pricing.
I would be excited about a new 4-20x50 scope but at that price range there is actually plenty of options (ZCO, SB, etc).

I'm sure this will be a great scope and people can feel confident that they own the Nightforce.

Reactions: 5RWill
Thats what I would've expected based on the rest of NFs ridiculous pricing.
I would be excited about a new 4-20x50 scope but at that price range there is actually plenty of options (ZCO, SB, etc).

I'm sure this will be a great scope and people can feel confident that they own the Nightforce.
Everything goes up in price eventually. ZCOs are going up too (not much). However, to me they are in 2 different tiers.

Yeah that’s partially what has kept me from really owning NF all these years. They’re reliable i understand that and the ATACRS are now much more well rounded with the new reticle selection but it’s hard to justify 3K for a LOW based optic. And that’s not to scoff at it it’s just like well...i can just go ZCO, S&B, and Minox once in that realm.

But if the weight isn’t too much it will be high on my list just because of the magnification range. Been foaming at the mouth for a 4-20 AMG for ever.

Everything goes up in price eventually. ZCOs are going up too (not much). However, to me they are in 2 different tiers.

The issue isn't going up in price the issue is releasing a very similar scope in the same price range as your competitors especially when those competitors are typically regarded as being the best in the industry and even if your product is just as good which it seems most here doubt it will be.

I want them to fill a segment of the market that has been undeserved.
The NX8 line was SOOOO close but the reported issues make me hesitant to try it when a 2000$ scope is still over 100 hours of overtime for me to aquire... not worth the risk IMO

But if they could release the 2.5-20 at a higher price but without the optical performance issues and still keep it under 30oz I would be on that quicker than my dog when she gets a whiff of cheese even if they sold for the exact same amount as a ZCO.

The issue isn't going up in price the issue is releasing a very similar scope in the same price range as your competitors especially when those competitors are typically regarded as being the best in the industry and even if your product is just as good which it seems most here doubt it will be.

I want them to fill a segment of the market that has been undeserved.
The NX8 line was SOOOO close but the reported issues make me hesitant to try it when a 2000$ scope is still over 100 hours of overtime for me to aquire... not worth the risk IMO

But if they could release the 2.5-20 at a higher price but without the optical performance issues and still keep it under 30oz I would be on that quicker than my dog when she gets a whiff of cheese even if they sold for the exact same amount as a ZCO.
I completely understand that. I'm still perplexed like a lot of others that Vortex hasn't done a scope with similar features in their AMG line.

To me the 4-20x50 ATACR makes sense since they already have the 4-16x42, and it seems to have a better rep than the 4-16x50. Under 30oz would be nice howeve, we will find out soon enough.

Reactions: RTV
You should check out the March 3-24x52, it’s no S&B but it’s lighter than all the others. It is a bit finicky on parallax but not quite as much as the NX8. If March had a better reticle for the 3-24 I’d be all over that, would love to see something like the G2H circle of death Bushnell reticle but with fill .2 mil hash marks.

ATACR line is not about weight, it’s about optical performance so I would not hold my breath for either 30mm or light weight for the 4-20, my guess if they are aiming at ZCO but with 34mm and price point under $3k, but I do not expect even the best from LOW to compete optically with ZCO, I’m sure it will be good but not ZCO good.

I liked most everything about my ATACR 4-16x42, except for the rotating ocular when changing power. Wish it could have been a bit lighter. And the NF illum is kinda half assed. now a 4-20 or 5-20 without the Rotation, in the 30oz range would be very interesting, but at 3k, not going to happen. I’d buy A ZCO 4-20 ,TT 3-15M , or Minox ZP5 3-15 before ever considering 3K for that.

Unfortunately everything has gotten more expensive to produce this past year, supply chains are choked across the industry, raw material is harder to find and more expensive, transportation and shipping cost has gone up and demand is crazy right now.

Reactions: RTV and gamewarden