• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce F1 NXS

Savage15

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
New York
Hey all,

Does anybody here own a 3.5-15x50 F1 NXS? If so could you tell me how you like them, thanks

I own one and love it. I have the MLR2.0 reticle. It was my first high end scope purchase for my first high end rifle, it met my expectations. Sport optics gave me a good price too.

One of the better scopes on the market. I especially like it's size, weight and the HS knobs. The only thing I don't like about it is the old timey illume adjustment system.

I have a Mil-Spec F1 with an MLR 1.0 and absolutely love it. The crosshair is a little thick at 15x to my liking. Then again I am spoiled rotten by a NF 2.5-10x32 NP-R2 and a NF 5.5-22x56 NP-R2. For certain applications I will just dial a little power out.

Notice how many there are for sale in the classifieds :D I think they are the best scope Nightforce has made. I also have the MLR2 reticle and love it. Will agree with previous statement on the illumination knob... either on or off and to adjust you have to take it apart. I rarely if every use it though so I don't worry about it.

Should have just bought another one for the 408 instead of trying to recreate the wheel.

One of my all time favorite scopes. It's the one scope I won't sell.

I love mine also. When I opened the box for the first time I said "oh shiite" this thing is built nice. My first spendy scope. I would love to have a few different brands to look through and compare but I am 100% happy with mine.

Mine is sitting on top of my LWRC REPR..I will never get rid of it. You will not be disappointed.

Great scope. IMHO, they are 2nd to the Hensoldt 4-16 FF. I like the F1 more than S&B 4-16, USO 3.2-17, PR 3-15. Experience based on having owned all of them and testing side-by-side.

I'm just a recreational shooter who plinks steel to 1000 for fun, so simplicity, glass quality, ergonomics, weight and basic mil-dot reticle fit my needs perfectly.

Great scope. IMHO, they are 2nd to the Hensoldt 4-16 FF. I like the F1 more than S&B 4-16, USO 3.2-17, PR 3-15. Experience based on having owned all of them and testing side-by-side.

I'm just a recreational shooter who plinks steel to 1000 for fun, so simplicity, glass quality, ergonomics, weight and basic mil-dot reticle fit my needs perfectly.

When comparing against something twice the cost... I can imagine it would be 2nd. :p

Thanks for the responses guys, this will probably be my next scope purchase for my 7mm-08. Especially with the H-59 reticle available

It was my first (high end) glass iv bought new I truly think it looks better than my cuzs 4000& SB . I'm in the early stages of learning mildot and wow this scope is well worth the money .I have it on a M24 and its way more gun and scope than I am capable of taking to its limits . Also I called NF to see about getting my radical changed and it was the best customer Service iv ever had . I spoke to someone who knew scopes .And if you ask me customer service when spending 2 g on glass should b top notch . In my opinion thare is no way you could go wrong with it . Watch out for the army F1 mil-spec cuts everything is glued in making it more rugged but the scope can't be taken down or radical changed . If your not worried about that game on but Fred at NightForce told me. That if our troops can't break em whats the chance of me or you ever messing one up . One more thing they do said made in Japan under the torrents witch rubbed me wrong . NF explained that the NSX tubes are made thare but buit in the good ole US oa A . If you have any more questions I could help you with feel free to call or Email me
Thank you and God Bless
Randy III
225-326-1573
[email protected]