• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Mil-Spec ATACR's are finally for sale! SU-294 and SU-296

All,
Just for some clarification- This is just a presale. We are still taking orders and they are availible....so any orders are official. These are on the way to our warehouse, and we will be shipping shortly. They will have the same limited lifetime warranty, and are serviceable.
If have any questions, please call in and ask for Connor, I will assist in any questions 570 368 3920
Order here:

Reactions: Hoody2shoes
All,
Just for some clarification- This is just a presale. We are still taking orders and they are availible....so any orders are official. These are on the way to our warehouse, and we will be shipping shortly. If have any questions, please call in and ask for Connor, I will assist in any questions 570 368 3920
Order here:
You're a good dude man

Reactions: Euro.Connor
Answers some of the questions regarding build. As demonstrated in this video the same process is done in both commercial and mil.

In regards to the ballistic drop being close between the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO ammo (after the initial zero), the Army SF has been using Elcan Specter 7.62 BDC scopes on their M4A1 and M4A1 FSP 5.56 rifles for a while. Apparently the 7.62 BDC lines up decently (not exactly) with the ballistics of the 5.56 in a 14.5" barrel. Here's a photo of Army SF rifles with the 7.62 BDC Elcan scope on the 5.56 rifles (M4A1 FSP 14.5" on top):

1000007960.jpg

Having only 1 reticle to order saves the government in terms of quantity and money when acquiring new scopes, so it's understandable why they did this. The ballistics will line up decently enough to warrant a single reticle with 2 zero spots. They could have definitely tried to do something more with windage holdovers, but this is what they decided to go with. It might be confusing at first, but the guys being issued these scopes don't train until they do something right, they train until they can't do something wrong. I have no doubt in my mind that everyone issued the SU-294 with this reticle will be extremely proficient with using it.

The short version is the T8 is designed for M855A1 with a zero at the first dot, from a 14.5".

Roughly, Mk262 works zeroed for the higher dot and then tweaking it to work at the 5/600 meter lines

The short version is the T8 is designed for M855A1 with a zero at the first dot, from a 14.5".

Roughly, Mk262 works zeroed for the higher dot and then tweaking it to work at the 5/600 meter lines

Do you recall what the BDC holds were for the mk262 zero?

Looks like they are up at sport optic as well with some better pics:

https://www.sportoptics.com/nightforce-mil-spec-atacr-1-8x24-s-vps-ussocom-kit-jq31-m630-1.html

Ive been looking to see if there’s any documentation from NF or Horus as to what exactly the BDC holds are supposed to be for this optic. Can’t seem to find anything about it online.

Last edited:
I spoke with horus-they are not currently planning on updating their ballistic app with the tremor 8

Load data
12.5 criterion core
Black hills 556 2650 mcv
fc-dmx
1.7 mount (2.94 HOB)
100y zero on the 1mil hold under dot(around 36y on center dot)

14.5 urgi
M855A1 2950 fps
1.54 mount (2.78 HOB)
tremor 8
Zeroed by manual

Dmx/t8 Mrad comparison
400y 1.3/1.0
500y 2.4/2.1
600 3.8/3.4

That Tremor8 has got to be the biggest let down in reticle design ... yuck ... seriously ... Horus ... do better ...

Reactions: rlsmith1
Definitely a reticle designed for very specific loads, barrel lengths, and cost savings in mind to avoid buying separate optics for 5.56 and 7.62.

@Hoody2shoes thank you for all of the valuable info you are sharing from your first hand experiences.

I do not believe Japan made NF optics are bonded nor the turrets are hand fit like it is shown in the video … I could be wrong …

In regards to the ballistic drop being close between the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO ammo (after the initial zero), the Army SF has been using Elcan Specter 7.62 BDC scopes on their M4A1 and M4A1 FSP 5.56 rifles for a while. Apparently the 7.62 BDC lines up decently (not exactly) with the ballistics of the 5.56 in a 14.5" barrel. Here's a photo of Army SF rifles with the 7.62 BDC Elcan scope on the 5.56 rifles (M4A1 FSP 14.5" on top):

View attachment 8294039

Eh, kinda works. It’ll get the job done, but the 5.56 reticles are better from a 14.5”. The 7.62 reticle works great on a Mk18 with Mk262 (maybe with M855A1, but I don’t have that MV data).

These are in meters with the 7.62 reticle

14.5” M855A1:
IMG_8413.jpeg

14.5” Mk262:
IMG_8414.jpeg

These are in meters with the 5.56 reticle

14.5” M855A1:
IMG_8416.jpeg

14.5” Mk262:
IMG_8415.jpeg

And then, the 7.62 reticle with Mk262 on a MK18:
IMG_8417.jpeg

Yep. 7-35x ATACR is made in Japan. I assume even the ones going to SOCOM.
That’s cool. There’s some amazing optics that have come out of Japan.

As far as the 1-8 the commercial ones I own are assembled in the US according to markings on the body.

I’m sure they are all high quality.

That makes sense now, center dot is for zero at 25m, which is what the vast majority of Army zero ranges are. Still a little surprising for a SOCOM option, but makes more sense now.
The center isn't actually what's zeroed... It's the 100m hold under.

Reactions: PappyM3
The center isn't actually what's zeroed... It's the 100m hold under.
I understand that’s what is preferred, but if NF is highlighting the center dot is 25, that seems to indicate they realize soldiers are going to end up needing to zero at 25 when a 100 yard range isn’t available. Then, confirm zero at the 100 meter hold under when such a range is available.

I understand that’s what is preferred, but if NF is highlighting the center dot is 25, that seems to indicate they realize soldiers are going to end up needing to zero at 25 when a 100 yard range isn’t available. Then, confirm zero at the 100 meter hold under when such a range is available.
The people who are issued these will always have the correct range to zero it. This reticle is very very particular and requires that. The 25m center can vary but the hold under cannot.

The 25m estimate is for a reference point for hob at 1x and close distances.