• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NEW Mil-XT reticle

Since receiving the NF ATACR 7-35x56:MIL-XT I have found this optic to be the absolute best reticle NightForce has ever produced for the PRS style shooter. Today with the reticle subtentions it took me 6 rounds total to zero my optic at 100 yards.....one round at at 25 yards to ensure I was on paper then I let the MIL XT subtentions work there magic....5 rounds later and I had a sub MOA group. Absolutely thrilled with the new reticle and easily in the top (3) long range PRS Style shooting optics in 2019.......EASILY......View attachment 7018548View attachment 7018549 .

This thread has convinced me that I need another F1 5-25.

YOU WON’T BE SORRY....
C022E923-A3DD-43FF-AE88-EC2EF403CA5B.jpeg

Reactions: jLorenzo
I think The NF mil-xt has is aimed to push sales in the competition with Bushnell which made a great all purpose rectical with the G2H. arena which seems to be dominated by the x-mas tree recticals here lately.
SKM2 and SKM3 are examples.

It is a growing process for NF and I hope to see more new recticles from them.

I have Kahles, NF and Vortex at this time.
One of the best recticles I have used lately has the small floating dot for long range because it doesn't cover the view of the target.
The bolder side extensions work well on low magnification.

Precision Rifle Blog and Accurate Shooter are great websites to catch up on what the top shooters use.

Dude, “you need a
I think The NF mil-xt has is aimed to push sales in the competition with Bushnell which made a great all purpose rectical with the G2H. arena which seems to be dominated by the x-mas tree recticals here lately.

One of the best recticles I have used lately has the small floating dot for long range because it doesn't cover the view of the target.

Precision Rifle Blog and Accurate Shooter are great websites to catch up on what the top shooters use.
i have owned all three in multiple magnifications; my current optics I use for various competitions are the NF Atacr MIL-C 5-25 FFP and 4-16 mil -C, FFP and the new 7-35x56 Mil XT (I loved the Mil c but this is the best reticle I think NF has ever made)....I also have the the Kahles 5-25x56 SMK 3 (a most excellent optic)....IMHO I believe the NF 7-35, and Kahles 5-25 SMK3 are the two best competition optics currently on the market (CAVEAT...IVE owned S&B and while most excellent for whatever reason, the major dealers I work with won’t carry them anymore; the TT I’ve never had the privilege to try thank GOD....LOL).....

You're very welcome! Please let me know if I can assist in the future!

I have one 7-35 Mil-XT left :)
unfortunately , i purchased 2 Kahles 624's in the last 6 months i probably will have to sell now and get another MIL-XT. I'll know a little more after getting it sighted in this weekend, but it seems initial impression looking thru them side x side, the XT is quite a bit better. :)

Reactions: CSTactical
unfortunately , i purchased 2 Kahles 624's in the last 6 months i probably will have to sell now and get another MIL-XT. I'll know a little more after getting it sighted in this weekend, but it seems initial impression looking thru them side x side, the XT is quite a bit better. :)

Let me know and I can help out :)

Dude, “you need a

i have owned all three in multiple magnifications; my current optics I use for various competitions are the NF Atacr MIL-C 5-25 FFP and 4-16 mil -C, FFP and the new 7-35x56 Mil XT (I loved the Mil c but this is the best reticle I think NF has ever made)....I also have the the Kahles 5-25x56 SMK 3 (a most excellent optic)....IMHO I believe the NF 7-35, and Kahles 5-25 SMK3 are the two best competition optics currently on the market (CAVEAT...IVE owned S&B and while most excellent for whatever reason, the major dealers I work with won’t carry them anymore; the TT I’ve never had the privilege to try thank GOD....LOL).....

Don't look through a TT until you have the money saved up already... How would you compare glass between the NF and Kahles?

the TT I’ve never had the privilege to try thank GOD....LOL).....

Don’t do it! Or do........ :devilish: lol

On another note this reticle is really making me want to get back into a 7-35. It’s the only scope/reticle combo that interests me at the moment.

Reactions: Voyager1
I have some e
Don't look through a TT until you have the money saved up already... How would you compare glass between the NF and Kahles?
EASY... I do it every single time I’m out shooting....I like Kahles....and I like NF now better because of the mil xt reticle ...it’s just a personal preference. For me it’s about what type of environment I’m shooting in that day....Somedays I like a Kahles and other days I like my NF....Remember this is subjective analysis.....

Don’t do it! Or do........ :devilish: lol

On another note this reticle is really making me want to get back into a 7-35. It’s the only scope/reticle combo that interests me at the moment.
No doubt....I’m afraid to do it because I don’t want to go out and resell everything AGAIN....LOL

It’s an incredible optic for sure....I CANT DECIDE which I like more, the Kahles 6-24 / 5-25 with the SMK3 reticle or the NF 7-35 Mil XT.....the mil XT is “busier” but I like its concept.....I still haven’t decided which I prefer better for PRS matches ....I think if it’s dry with dust plooms flying around the mil XT would be my choice....if it’s low light the beautiful KAHLES SMK3 Glass is about as good as it gets...(except my BELOVED Swarovski 10x42 EL Binoculars)....

The Mil XT is very "see through" friendly for spotting hits. Even in low light/heavy overcast it's been working great for me. Same reticle in the 5-25 should be awesome too, as mirage becomes a factor with the higher magnification of the 35.

Reactions: Stoven
My pair of Mil XT’s arrived yesterday. Took them out today for the first time. Very grey cloudy day and I was very happy with what I saw. Glass super clear and the reticle was easy to pick up. For reference I’m coming from Kahles k624i SKMR3.

And being able to zero at 35x was a dream since I do it at 300 yards.

It’s an incredible optic for sure....I CANT DECIDE which I like more, the Kahles 6-24 / 5-25 with the SMK3 reticle or the NF 7-35 Mil XT.....the mil XT is “busier” but I like its concept.....I still haven’t decided which I prefer better for PRS matches ....I think if it’s dry with dust plooms flying around the mil XT would be my choice....if it’s low light the beautiful KAHLES SMK3 Glass is about as good as it gets...(except my BELOVED Swarovski 10x42 EL Binoculars)....
I've own (ed) both the 624i, and ATACR 7-35 and now the milxt, the kahles does nothing as well as the NF, imho. (Aside from saving money)

Here are a couple pics. The IPSC is at a mile and the circle is at 510 yards. Both images taken at about 20x.

The mirage was pretty strong and the light wasn't the most favorable for clear target images.

View attachment 7026952View attachment 7026953

Seeing these images reaffirms my decision to switch my order from the Mil-C to the Mil-XT. Not sure when the 525s will start shipping (April I’ve heard) but should be worth the wait.

Reactions: Zemplar
SKMR3 has .5 subtensions, which is a deal breaker for me. NF has a reputation for tracking and obviously amazing glass. Only two scopes I'm interested in ATM are the 7-35 Mil-XT and TT gen3XR.

Both are on order.

Reactions: Covertnoob5

I guess you must dial windage. I dont. Whether its an open center, crosshair, floating crosshair, or floating dot, it really doesnt matter because where I am from after about three hundred yards you are holding over anyhow. I hardly ever use the central aiming point of a scope for anything other than zeroing at 100.

For those of you running the 7-35...

I'm planning on having a custom 308 built this summer (for recreation and PRS Tac Div) and want to top it off with this sexiness. I'm a bit torn between going with the 5-25 or the 7-35. Being that I'm only running a 308, I figured the 5-25 would be more than enough. I've always just used fixed 10x or 12-14x on my variable optics for 1,000yds and 1,200yds in the past, without issue, so this will be my first "high" magnification scope. This will also be my first ATACR model (all of mine at home/work are NXS) so I'm excited to try it out. Money isn't a factor in my decision between the two, but rather the practicality of going that high on a 308.

Would the 5-25 be more than enough or am I making a mistake by not going with the 7-35 due to a certain practical use/need?

Thanks!

Side Note:
Almost pulled the trigger the other week on the new GR2ID model from S&B. Pretty much 5 mins away from pre-ordering when I came across the NF MIL-XT announcement. While I've always wanted an S&B, I think this is going to be the go to for my new rifle.

I'm planning on having a custom 308 built this summer (for recreation and PRS Tac Div) and want to top it off with this sexiness. I'm a bit torn between going with the 5-25 or the 7-35. Being that I'm only running a 308, I figured the 5-25 would be more than enough. I've always just used fixed 10x or 12-14x on my variable optics for 1,000yds and 1,200yds in the past, without issue, so this will be my first "high" magnification scope. This will also be my first ATACR model (all of mine at home/work are NXS) so I'm excited to try it out. Money isn't a factor in my decision between the two, but rather the practicality of going that high on a 308.

Would the 5-25 be more than enough or am I making a mistake by not going with the 7-35 due to a certain practical use/need?

Thanks!

Side Note:
Almost pulled the trigger the other week on the new GR2ID model from S&B. Pretty much 5 mins away from pre-ordering when I came across the NF MIL-XT announcement. While I've always wanted an S&B, I think this is going to be the go to for my new rifle.

From everything I've heard the 7-35 is the better scope than the 5-25. If money is not an issue the 7-35 is the way to go I'd think. You gain nothing by going with a 5-25

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Having shot both extensively, I've pretty much gone 7-35x on all of my precision rifles. The 5-25x is still an excellent scope, however the 35x is a nice to have feature. I hardly ever shoot on 35x, but have done so at 30x more than I thought I would. Whether doing load development at closer ranges or hunting a target and being able to zoom in for good target ID, the extra magnification has been worth it. Additionally, I've found the 35x to be very insensitive to parallax adjustment from about 300-1100 yards when below 25x. For matches, I pretty much dial to 4-500 indicated and leave it.

Another benefit is the closer range parallax adjustment. It is a benefit to rimfire guys and I've liked it for doing dry-fire.

In my opinion if cost isn’t a factor the 7-35x is the ticket. It’s more forgiving as you’re pretty much always going to be in the middle of the mag range vs the 5-25. Also having the 35x in case you ever need it is beneficial (spotting, zero’ing, etc)

Thanks!

Side Note:

My previous .308 had a 5-25 on top and it was more than enough for .308’s capabilities. I am not one to tell someone else how to spend their money, however. If you think you may eventually rebarrel or switch your optic to another rifle with further reaching capabilities than it seems reasonable to me.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Cool thanks for the feedback guys. I personally always thought that 7-35 would be overkill on a 308 and even that 5-25 is a bit much but wanted to branch out and expand my experiences. Never having used a 7-35, I also can't really give an opinion like that either lol. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on a practical use for the 7-35 on a 308 or worse, limiting myself by putting such high magnification on a 308. The price difference between the two isn't an issue.

As for eventually going with a higher caliber/ELR style rifle and switching it over to it, that's a really good point. As it stands right now, I doubt I'll have the money to get an ELR setup let alone have the location available to shoot over 1,200yds. ...but it would save me money in the future to just slap it on a new rifle.

Sounds like there are some benefits to going with the 7-35 over the 5-25. Thanks to everyone for not just responding with the usual forum "it make target big me like big big good go pew" responses lol.

I did notice that the total internal MIL adjustment range is slightly less than the 25x but 29MIL with a 20MOA scope base is way more than enough to dial the 308 out (I always train dials and holds, just to keep each technique fresh, despite having a holdover reticle lol).

If anyone else has any thoughts/recommendations, by all means, I'd love to hear them!

Cheers!

Got to zero in my new scope today. I absolutely loved it. I don't have any good pictures. But I took my dad out with my 12 and 9 year old. It was great family time and the scope did not disappoint. Loved everything about it and the reticle.

With the lower power scopes coming out, would the reticle appear roughly the same size on min and max magnification as it does in the 7-35?

Does the ocular piece rotate with the flip cover or does the flip cover stay put as you rotate the maginificstion on the mil xt?

I’m looking for a scope that allows the flip cover to stay put as you change mag. Settings.

Does the ocular piece rotate with the flip cover or does the flip cover stay put as you rotate the maginificstion on the mil xt?

I’m looking for a scope that allows the flip cover to stay put as you change mag. Settings.
It moves, but really, what's it matter

Reactions: rydah
^^^i was watching a shooter recently have to fiddle with it constantly when changing mag. Levels. Can the covers be removed ?

My pair of Mil XT’s arrived yesterday. Took them out today for the first time. Very grey cloudy day and I was very happy with what I saw. Glass super clear and the reticle was easy to pick up. For reference I’m coming from Kahles k624i SKMR3.

And being able to zero at 35x was a dream since I do it at 300 yards.
Yes I know how u feel!

With the lower power scopes coming out, would the reticle appear roughly the same size on min and max magnification as it does in the 7-35?
That’s a good question. They are pretty close except when ur referring to parallax which becomes part of the equation when your reaching out. I know it’s a vague answer because it’s hard question to answer without adding other details...

From everything I've heard the 7-35 is the better scope than the 5-25. If money is not an issue the 7-35 is the way to go I'd think. You gain nothing by going with a 5-25
I would agrree with that statement

^^^i was watching a shooter recently have to fiddle with it constantly when changing mag. Levels. Can the covers be removed ?
Unless you're ocd, there's no reason to have to fiddle with especially during fire. It's not like it prevents it from functioning.

I have a Mil-XT on Order through the NF mil program and just realized they said it could be three months for fulfillment. I'm dreading running an SWFA 5-20 for PRSID and Silent Night. I may need to look elsewhere to get one faster....

For an all around gun for hunting to steel at 1000+- would you guys recommend 4-16 or 5-25, I cannot make my mind up on this. The wait for the Mil-XT is going to kill me. ?

I called and was told that Nightforce was filling a large contract for the military and that’s why they are slow to hit the shelf’s. Don’t know how true that is but it’s what I was told. That’s why I’ve been looking at other options cuz I have no patience!

Depends.
If you need lowlight performance for hunting look at the 4-16x50. If size and weight is a big factor then the 4-16x42.

I wouldn’t exactly call the 5-25x56 an all round scope. More of a med to long range scope. It’s pretty big and it’s a bit heavy.
I concour.....It’s a rather large optic and is pretty hefty.....having said that, I absolutely love it,...I wouldn’t put the NF 5-25x56 on a 5.56 AR but That’s me....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE 7-35 MIL XT and I love the MIL C in 5-25 and 4-16......if I was going for the general purpose optic I would buy the 4-16x50 NF mil c....I think it’s one of the best optics on the market

Reactions: rydah
I called and was told that Nightforce was filling a large contract for the military and that’s why they are slow to hit the shelf’s. Don’t know how true that is but it’s what I was told. That’s why I’ve been looking at other options cuz I have no patience!
Which particular optic are u looking for? I have seen the 7-35 Mil XT available,in several places....

I have a Mil-XT on Order through the NF mil program and just realized they said it could be three months for fulfillment. I'm dreading running an SWFA 5-20 for PRSID and Silent Night. I may need to look elsewhere to get one faster....
I wouldn’t wait 3 months.,,.,,screw that...I would buy the dam thing.....they ar too good not to especially because everyone e,se that wants will be running one.,,,,