• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Owners, Favorite Reticle?

eternal24k

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
VERMONT
Currently I only Have 1 Nightforce, a 3.5-15x50 w/ Mil-Dot reticle. I am starting to look at some of the other reticles for when I outfit my OBR and have started looking at some of the other reticles, what's the group favorite?

Re: Nightforce Owners, Favorite Reticle?

I have all MLRs now, but would go with the MLR2 with my next Nightforce. The only reason being that it gets tough to distinguish the small MLR hashmarks in low light conditions; the MLR2 reticle is a lot easier to pick up.

If you like MOA/MOA like me then you would probably like the NP-R1 or NP-R2. I have one NP-R1 and it's great. Also have one in NP-2DD and it's not bad but it isn't really designed to range or use hold overs with but makes a nice varmint scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Storm Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MLR2 or Mildot2 in an F1. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Send__IT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the MLR2 ffp? </div></div>

Looks like it can be if you get an F1 (FFP) and not a NXS (SFP)

Redirt you answered my question, thanks. Im a fan of sfp and i was under the impression that the mlr2 only came in F1.

MLR. Never run the MLR2, would like to. But I don't even mind the Mil dot. Still have much to learn yet.

Get the MLR. The others are all too fine and you loose the crosshairs against a dark or black target

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeterN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the MLR. The others are all too fine and you loose the crosshairs against a dark or black target </div></div>

+1 It's true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For MOA, I prefer the NP-R1. For MIL, I prefer the MLR2. </div></div>
+1.... Nuff Said.

I have an NP-R2, but what I wouldn't give for a FFP 5.5-22 mil/H58...I'll keep my fingers crossed for shot show

I have 2 NF and I run MOA/MOA so my choice is the MPR1. Wish MF would put hash marks of 1MOA on the windage.

I only have one NF and it has the MD2. I really like it.

Have both the NP-R2 and MLR

...like them both but my first love is the NP-R2

...but my MLR is like my mistress...kinda like what she does too....

Decisions?? Decisions??

JaxOps

This one's going back in for a Velocity reticle shortly. It has the R-1, but as a coyote hunter i like tree reticles, in most any configuration really--

IMG_1023.jpg

Have the Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NXS,HS,ZS NP-R1 LOVE IT.

NP-R2 for me. Use it for hunting and ranging, but more for hunting.

Nightforce has a new reticle at SHOT called the MOAR. I think you folks who prefer the NP-R1 will like it.

I tried the MLR and MLR2 and really liked them . . . but what do I know, I'm still stuck in the stone age because all of my gear is still mildot.

NPR2 . . . . and a high quality Laser range finder rated to 1500 yards.

Ihave an NPR 2 that his good except I would like a thicker line. Does the MLR have a heavier line and can you get it in MOA?

np-r1 for long range shooting and the fc-2 for close in work.