• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Tripod Feedback

Mr.Horsepower89

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2017
I haven’t found a lot of review information on using the Nightforce tripod. Planning on using it mainly for spotting. The fold flat feature is something I like and would utilize. The walking sticks aren’t something I really desire but hey whatever. Please
provide your input and field use.

Woul also like to hear any other comparable units or options.
Thanks

Ive been wondering the same thing. would love to have some feedback on this

@ Clearlight thanks for that insight. I am going to keep looking around. I am starting fresh with this so I want to do it right the first time.

I’m with Clearlight, and it was also rated for a lot less weight than I thought it would be. There were much better choices out there for a rifle tripod. If it’s just for optics, the weight shouldn’t be an issue. The plate still would be obviously

I have one on order now. ill post as soon as i use it and test it. Ill compare it to a manfrotto 290 carbon and 055 carbon. I am buying it mostly for glassing and hunting but will also throw my hog saddle on it. It comes with one "proprietary" adapter. If you want extras theres only one place to buy them and its a small machine shop "next" to nightforce that makes them. they are $20. Another option would be to swap the base plate mount for an arca style.

here is the info on the base plates to save people some trouble.
Olives Auto Parts (208) 476-5576
Part #A453 Tripod Base Plate

Spartan in the Uk (Of which I am one of the 5 staff) are releasing a greatly improved version of our ultra lightweight carbon tripod imminently when we get the last teething problems on the legs sorted out. It uses our magnetic adaptor system for attaching rifles or optics so you can switch between the two in seconds.

Even our tallest version only weighs 890g and is in use with some Tier 1 units in the UK who are using it for the laser designators amongst other things.

Just a thought...