• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Wedge Prism 50 or 100 MOA ? nn

axis007

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2024
texas
Looking to add a Nightforce Wedge Prism to my Rifle. I am contemplating between the 50MOA and 100MOA.
Rifle 1 .338 Lapua with Nightforce ATACR with 5-25x , full rail, 20MOA rail, SPHUR 20MOA as well, room for Wedge Prism
Rifle 2 .375 Chey Tac with Nightforce ATACR with 7-35 full rail, 20MOA rail, SPHUR 20MOA as well, room for Wedge Prism.
shooting at a mile now, like to shoot to 2 mile soon, I am running out of adjustment at about 2000 yard ???? Like to know if the 50MOA prism is ok to bridge the gap or go balls out and get the 100MOA, I will be 240MOA - 280MOA at 3000 yards, please advise.

If your goal is to go 2 miles, then for sure get the 100 MOA. Often times depending on your DA the elevation required to shoot 2 miles will differ. Some matches are held at low elevations and some matches are held at high elevations. 100 MOA will prepare you for all scenarios.

Your .338 setup is very similar to mine. I can “dial“ up when shooting out to 2300 yards (100 yard zero). Beyond that I have to use the NF wedge or hold over. The 100 MOA one is what I went with. If two miles is your goal you’ll want the 100 MOA unit.

Your .338 setup is very similar to mine. I can “dial“ up when shooting out to 2300 yards (100 yard zero). Beyond that I have to use the NF wedge or hold over. The 100 MOA one is what I went with. If two miles is your goal you’ll want the 100 MOA unit.
dfwglockguy, by adding the Prism at 100 MOA, no"gap" between? my "range on the Elevation is about 80-90 MOA, so if I dial it all the way down, (with the prism at 100MOA) just hold over on the gap???

If I understand your question, I believe you would actually aim below or under your target. If you dial your scope down to zero, when you put the prism on you get an instant 100 MOA. There will be a “gap” between the 80-90 MOA of your scope and the 100 MOA of your prism.
You can stack the prisms. Two 50 MOA, two 100 MOA, or a 50 and a 100 MOA prism. An expensive option, but a solution to the “gap” if it bothers you.