• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Zero Stop????

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
Ok,
My Nightforce NXS F1 has arrived. I took it to the range and got a rough zero on it. 2" high at 25 yard. Best Ia m going to be able to do for a while. I then zeroed out the turret caps.

Now I am rereading the directions and trying to figure out how to set the zero stop.

1. Do I just loosen up the 4 set screw on top and tighten down the clutch and retighten the 4 set screws?

or
2. Have to shoot again. or when i do get to my 100yd range, shoot with the cap off and then loosen the 4 set screws, tighten down the clutch plate, use a screw driver to adjust the elevation???

3. Do I need to use the .3mil less of elevation step. Or just use hold overs based on closer ranges???

Thanks in advance, I have a feeling this is as clear as mud.

ALSO, I did search but I did not find the answers I was looking for.

Jack

Re: Nightforce Zero Stop????

Get a solid 100 yard zero....(not 2" high).

the two on the cap and then the 4 on the turret. Spin the clutch down (no clicks........). Tighten the 4 back up set the turret to 0 tighten those two and you are off to the races.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on the extra .3 mil below......up to you.

When we were shooting at RO at the third level (10-12 yard) we were using 700yard DOPE </div></div>

There's a reason all my dope cards have 11yds on them-most guys think I'm nuts (haven't been to RO yet, but my local match director has
wink.gif
)

It's a good idea to know the ballistics of your load from muzzle contact distance to your zero range. You never know how far you'll have to shoot.

While a precision rifle may not be the weapon of choice for short-range shooting, the best weapon to have in a firefight is the one that's in your hands when the fight starts.

Got it. I understand the directions better now after, playing with it.

They could have said zero your scope the regular way, then bottom out the clucth, then put the cap back on at the zero position. I would have understood this.... But I am a little slow and there were way more words than pictures.