• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nikon Monarch X scope?

westlee713

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
Howell MI
In the market for a new scope and i came across a monarch x mil mil scope for 700$. Im just wondering if anyone has any expierence with it.

Re: Nikon Monarch X scope?

I did not know they are Mil/Mil now.

I do have a 2.5x10 IllRet MilDot that is absolutely fantastic. Very clear and bright glass. Has never given me a problem.

I actually just got a PST 4x16 three days ago and was suprised how much the glass stunk compared to the Nikon Tacticals.

I did not think they came in mil mil either.

I have a 2.5-10 illum as well and its an awesome scope.

A mil/mil Nikon Monarch X? I call bullshit

If I'm wrong, I'd like to know more

If they would (or did) go Mil/Mil (or MOA/MOA) they would get very popular.

Mine has suburb glass and excellent tracking. And so far 5 years of twisting the turrets and not a problem yet.

Barton Hege,

That’s not mil/mil, the adjustments are 1/4 moa.

To the op,

I have two Nikon tacticals they are head and shoulders above every comparable mk4 I have owned. If you can confirm the mil/mil I would sure like to know where I could find them.

I have the Monarch X 4-16 and its a great piece of glass. Yes its 1/4 moa with either 80 or 50moa depending on model. Check on the Spot On software you can use with the Mildot.

thank you all very much. i didnt think it came in mil mil either but for a good optic i think ill take it.

i have one of these scopes.

6315211971_8bb29fa1bc_b.jpg

the glass is excellent and the mildots are crisp.
the 4-16x50 does lack elevation range so beware of that.
the knobs are large and have a good feel to them.

also, yes, the reticule is mil-dot but the turrets are based in moa.
i don't know why manufacturers do this - but it is what it is.

i now own a luepold 8.5-25x50 tmr/mil and it's so much easier to use if everything is calibrated in either mils or moa's.

anyway, like i said, the elevation on the monarch-x is only 50moa which really is not enough imo.

here is a review of the monarch-X 2.5-10 but they do mention the same thing i said about elevation for the 4-16x:
http://www.snipercentral.com/nikontact.phtml

enjoy. it's a good medium range scope but lacks the elevation if you plan for shotting your rifle at it's maxumum range, even with a 20moa base.

here's what took its place:

6965902837_29866fed44_b.jpg

Thanks for posting a link to the write up on the MONARCH X Scope. Honestly I have not found anyone who has one that is not throughly pleased. As for not enough elevation, the reviewer discussed " a good amount of up elevation" in the write up and said 1200 yards would not be out of the question with the right shooter. That is with the 2.5-10 and not the 4-16.