• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nikon optics

Broc

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2007
Fly over country
I was hoping for some opinions on the Nikon Bushmaster line of scopes. I'm wanting to upgrade the scope on my 17HMR from a Bushnell 3200 10X to something with a bit more power and focusing ability without breaking the bank. I'm mainly looking at:

Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 SF mil-dot
Buchmasters 6-18x40 SF target-dot

What are your opinions as far as tracking repeatability, glass quality, etc?

Your input is appreciated.

Broc

Re: Nikon optics

For the same price range you could get a Bushnell 3200 5x15x40 and it will have the same features as your 3200 10x.

Do you want to sell the 10X, if so I am interested.
Coach

I'll keep that in mind. I haven't decided what I'm going to do. Too many choices...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are your opinions as far as tracking repeatability, glass quality, etc?</div></div>It depends what you intend to use it for and how hard you intend to use it.

The tracking system does not compare to the better higher-end scopes and is neither designed nor built to withstand hard use.

The Monarch Binos have very nice glass, but Buckmaster scopes are the low end.

If you want a more serious tactical scope save your money and get a used Leupold or a NF.

Ive actually got both scopes mentioned but with nikoplex reticles. The glass is clear, I dont crank on them as much as others but have found for the light abbuse i have put them through they work fine. money vs value is great imo. But im no expert nor have i ever owned a NF.

I have the 4-14 mil dot SF it isn't too bad, the repeatability is a little less than reliable. for the money it is a decent optic. i don't know if it is me or not but after a long time on high power my eye gets fatigued and it gets a little blurry. I hope this helps.
Adam

Thanks for all the input. I might have to give the Bushnell 3200 5-15 Tactical a try. The adjustments on my 10X have been fairly accurate and repeatable. I would like to imagine that would be the case with the 5-15.