• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing NM Pronghorn

mark42quin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2010
Edgewood, NM
Got this dude on a "last second" hunt. .243 Winchester, 105 Berger VLD hunting and 41.5gr H4350... 616 yards.
2r4lqft.jpg

Re: NM Pronghorn

very nice. have you put a tape on him yet?

Very nice Speed Goat!! nice tacticool cover!

where are his ears?

Looks like you did real well for a last second hunt. Nice gear, nice goat!

thanks guys.. only taped his length so far, both horns are 14.5" long. Couldn't a done it without my favorite hat!

Nice buck and nice shooting! Our rifle season opens on October 8th. I've got my eye on a couple different good bucks....can't wait!

Agreed! One of my favorite wild critters to eat! We consume about four antelope every year in our household...

I only wish... here in NM you can only afford one a millenium at the current going prices. Unless you want to draw, (I've drawn twice in almost twenty years...) I got really lucky with this tag. Need to get to know a different state...

yep, damn good goat.

a straight 243 pushing 105's at +600 yds. good shooting

according to my PDA about 3000... I do "tweak" the B.C. and velocity to match my hard data though... have never chronied it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckelberry75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw the mess that the 105's make in another thread, Holy Crap!! No wonder it's a hammer it makes blood pudding out of everything in it's way. </div></div>

Yep. Think that was my thread. The remnants looked like soup. Totally devastating. My 6x47 is pushing them at 2980 fps pushed by 39gr of H4350 in a 23" barrel

took a look at that thread.... pretty "good" bullet so far with pronghorn, anyone shootin' deer with em?

Nice Goat Panda...and yes the stick is a defenite shooter...I got to play with that rifle out to 900 a few weeks back. It is an absolute tack driver.