• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Screenshot_20221224-050609.png

Screw this!! My water lines don't freeze when it's 95 out.
A Bomb cyclone? I work my ass off to get things caught up to have a few days off and I get a bwaaaahahaha for it. Froze my ass off yesterday fixing people's heat. Go to take a shower late last night and screw you! Hot water lines frozen! Christmas Eve will be spent in the crawl space repairing water lines. Friggin great!!
It's not the end of the world and others have bigger problems so there's a lot to be thankful for.

View attachment 8028964
Screw this!! My water lines don't freeze when it's 95 out.
A Bomb cyclone? I work my ass off to get things caught up to have a few days off and I get a bwaaaahahaha for it. Froze my ass off yesterday fixing people's heat. Go to take a shower late last night and screw you! Hot water lines frozen! Christmas Eve will be spent in the crawl space repairing water lines. Friggin great!!
It's not the end of the world and others have bigger problems so there's a lot to be thankful for.

Bummer.

I bought an ancient farmhouse on an exposed ridgetop and have been in your shoes a few times. Here are some thoughts to maintain a rosy outlook on life...

1. While you're defrosting it, figure out how to prevent it in the future. Insulate (I bet you can get a great deal on pool noodles) the hell out of it and block the exposure to air while you're motivated! Once fixed, I wasn't as motivated and had to repeat the process knowing full well that I could have prevented it if I would have done it right the first (couple of) time(s). Awesome effect on my positive outlook... fixing it multiple times...
2. Since you're going to the hardware store anyhow, get the stuff you need to install a drain valve.
3. Get enough stuff to fix it twice. When your shit freezes, so does everyone else's. There's a mad rush at the store, and all of the fittings will be in random boxes on the shelf. Be prepared for that realization to help reinforce your positive outlook, by the way.
4. Get a contractor's pack of those little propane tanks with an extra couple of torch heads.

Hope you make the best of it, and Merry (f'in) Christmas!

I am a licensed plumber.
You know what they say about the cobbler's kids shoes?
And the mechanics cars?
Bummer.

I bought an ancient farmhouse on an exposed ridgetop and have been in your shoes a few times. Here are some thoughts to maintain a rosy outlook on life...

1. While you're defrosting it, figure out how to prevent it in the future. Insulate (I bet you can get a great deal on pool noodles) the hell out of it and block the exposure to air while you're motivated! Once fixed, I wasn't as motivated and had to repeat the process knowing full well that I could have prevented it if I would have done it right the first (couple of) time(s). Awesome effect on my positive outlook... fixing it multiple times...
2. Since you're going to the hardware store anyhow, get the stuff you need to install a drain valve.
3. Get enough stuff to fix it twice. When your shit freezes, so does everyone else's. There's a mad rush at the store, and all of the fittings will be in random boxes on the shelf. Be prepared for that realization to help reinforce your positive outlook, by the way.
4. Get a contractor's pack of those little propane tanks with an extra couple of torch heads.

Hope you make the best of it, and Merry (f'in) Christmas!
I ain't got time for that. LoL

I am a licensed plumber.
You know what they say about the cobbler's kids shoes?
And the mechanics cars?

I ain't got time for that. LoL

Well, I'm little embarrassed by my pool noodle trick then. You'd probably shit a yule tide log if you looked under my house. It predates indoor plumbing. And let's just say that I am NOT a licensed plumber...

I'll trust you have this one under control :^)

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I have seen quite a few things used for pipe insulation. The pool noodle is far superior to many of them and the next best thing to the actual stuff.
Well, I'm little embarrassed by my pool noodle trick then. You'd probably shit a yule tide log if you looked under my house. It predates indoor plumbing. And let's just say that I am NOT a licensed plumber...

I'll trust you have this one under control :^)

^^^

NO!!!

Eye bleach called for.

1671913209273.png