• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No CCI 22 ammo being made, for the near future at least

Academy here usually gets CCI sv on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday but they have a two box limit per customer, no bricks for $3.45/box. I would stop in there more often but it's way out of my normal stomping grounds. I burn through that stuff like it's plentiful and free when I am shooting...I have tried to throttle myself but I just cannot make any headway. I dream of the good old days when buying a case of it was just a click and 300 bones away...

I was in Victoria, TX the other day at Academy. They had bricks and bricks and bricks of CCI including Green Tag and some of the lower cost stuff. I was pretty amazed because I see no rimfire in any of the San Antonio Academys.

I may just have to drive down there on Friday this week... I just need a few hundred rounds for my son to feed his CZ 452...
Thanks...
-- Mark

I would call first. I got there on a Saturday, and when I saw all that ammo, I asked if I had just gotten there at the right time. The store clerk(s) said no, they had this on the shelves for a while now. The hoarder in me wanted to buy it all up, but I have enough for my needs for now. I like to leave some for the next guy.

I backordered 2 cases of mini mags, one back in November and one in January if I remember right. I still have no idea when the order will be filled and really don't care since my wife decided she doesn't like her pistol but I'm still keeping the order.

CCI is makin ammo at their highest output ever. The rimfire ammo cost so much to make that they are making very little profit of it. Therefore theres very little incentive to build more production lines/hire more personell.

There seems to be no shortage of gullible in this country. If we learn to think for ourselves then this kind of misinformation will quit having any effect. I want everyone to think real hard about this statement: "We are not taking back orders on CCI Ammo. CCI told us that they are not making any .22 LR ammo, only 9mm, .45 cal for government" Now ask yourself if CCI is in the business of making money. Now ask yourself how and in what way the production of 9mm and .45, for the military, could effect the production of rimfire. Now go watch the video that has been posted in several threads all over the Hide on the process of making 22 rimfire. Do you feel better now, knowing how to separate bullshit from truth without posting it on the internet. What I want to hear is how you told the guy he was full of shit, and came back here and told us Champions Choice was trying to milk the bull. I am a genuine tinfoil hat wearer (at least that is what people think), and I can smell bullshit on this. I would really like some proof that anyone at Champions Choice made this statement, I would take them off my list of people I do business with.

That's a big 10-4! What he said! ^^^

Cheers,

George

Picked up 2 (100 rnd) boxes of CCI Green Tag yesterday at Academy... Thanks for the heads up Mr. Mayfield... I just needed enough to take the kiddos out next week and this will get er done...

Last edited:
They are making 22 ammo.....its showing up more regular now in the stores I bet the online gougers are getting worried now they cant rip off unsuspecting newbies

Cabelas in Louisville, KY had at least four bricks worth of CCI SV on the shelves at 1pm today.