• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors NO CLUE please help

Shanerbanner10

Primer Denter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Oklahoma
    hey all,
    I don't know much if anything about suppressors at all however i had a friend of mine tell me that my AAC Blackout Flash hider (51t) (.223/5.56 ar) is good to go for a suppresor. He also mentioned that if i got my barrel threaded, I could get the same suppressor to fit on my bolt gun (.308). So i guess my question is: <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Is it possible to have 1 suppressor for 2 guns of different calibers? and if so is it pratical? </span></span>

After talking witha couple people its looking like i'm going to end up going with an AAC 762-SD with 51t AAC blackouts on both bolt gun and ar.

Re: NO CLUE please help

just go sub-caliber,,,,,,but do not fire high pressure rifle rounds thru a pistol can, w/1/2x24 threading it would be easy to blow up a 200.00 tax stamp

If you are shooting a 223 and 308.... you want a 30 cal can for both.

Awesome thanks guys. As for cans, for the most part through my 308 i shot hand loads. what would you guys recommend can wise for the 2 guns?

Oh there you you had to do it ... let the holy wars begin....

I have a AWC ThunderTrap TI ... works great .. ThunderBeast is also very good.

haha yup had to ask... what would you guys suggest to do with my bolt gun as far as getting the suppressor on (switching from the aac flash hider to the 308) hopefull that makes sense...

Some guys on here complain about the 7.62 SDN-6 by AAC, but I do not have any issues with mine. You can use this suppressor on you bolt gun or AR-15 and can buy the quick detach mounts for both.

Yankee hill also makes a good can for alot less money.

I have not had great luck with the 51 tooth AAC Mounts. I purchased 4 mounts for my suppressor and only have one that locks up tight. The timing on the other three mounts is off, which causes the suppressor to wobble and is terrible for accuracy.

AAC's new 90 tooth tapered mounts for the SR-7 and SR-5 suppressors look like they have addressed the timing issues that AAC has experienced with the 51 tooth mounts.

If I was in the market again, I would wait for the new SR-7 suppressor with the new style 90 tooth mount.

Yes it is,I have the AAC scarH for my .308 bolt gun,and on my ar platform I have one of their SPR M4-2000 mounts and it works ok. Not as good as a dedicated 5.56 can,but it will still do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh there you you had to do it ... let the holy wars begin....

I have a AWC ThunderTrap TI ... works great .. ThunderBeast is also very good. </div></div>

Thunder Trap is a good can but not QD. So you have to have your AR15 threaded 5/8x24
    Thunder Beast 30BA is QD but again.... not really intended for the AR15 platform. Its a precision rifle can.

The YHM 7.62 Titanium does a good job and won't break the bank. It is QD and adapters can be found on the net for about $60. The titanium is worth the extra money.