• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing No Coyote Today

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
No Coyote today...
It was very windy this evening, but pretty to make up for it

IMG959707.jpg

Re: No Coyote Today

I'd feel bad for you, but the reason you probably didn't get a yote is because you killed them all earlier this week lol.

Went out again this evening, I took my 5 year old daughter with me. I had a Coyote charge in bouncing like a deer threw the sage brush, it stopped about 10 yards from me. but all i could see were its ears. it ended up going down wind of me and it was outa there. She got to see it all, it was very cool, afterward I asked her did you see it? She said "DAD WHY DIDNT YOU SHOOOOT IT!!!" it was great!

0829121913.jpg

I'm with your daughter, why didnt you shoot it? If you can see ears then lay waste. That is one smart little lady. Cant wait to take my son hunting. Is 2 years old to young?
smile.gif

I didnt know what a .204 bullet would do threw sage brush. lol

My son is 2.5 and he was pissed he did not get to go. lol But the is to hyper to sit still more than about 5 seconds. lol

Had to work about 50 miles from home so I made a stop to see if i could call anything in, I seen 1 coyote at about 250 yards, i seen it run between one tree and the other. But i never seen it after that. All in good fun

0831121019.jpg

That is some awesome country you have in Utah. Great pictures too. I love taking my son out coyote hunting. Enjoy them while they're young, as my son is 16 now and hunting time with old dad is at a premium when theirs girls to be chased as well lol.

Man, I'm jealous of all the wide open country! It's amazing how those yotes can just " be there" from those wide open spaces.

Yeah its cool, ya look out there and think nothing is out there. then bam there can be one out in the middle of that open field and your like how the heck did that thing get there with out me seeing it

I was out this late afternoon and didn't see a thing. I have yet to call in a coyote. Not sure if I got it all wrong or what. I'm going to keep after it because I've got too much pride to let these suckers get the best of me!

Took my 10 year old daughter out this weekend too. I only got one photo on my phone though. Should have taken more with the actual camera....duh. No yotes, but saw 14 turkeys, and heard a few yotes calling, but they never did commit. Had a blast out in the cold weather and snow with the kid.

2013-01-05_12-21-11_49_zpsefde496d.jpg