• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No DBM for B&C Stock ?

gasmann

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2010
Massena, NY
I have a Bell & Carlson Medalist Tactical stock on my Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308. Just took delivery on a PT&G dbm assembly, still waiting on magazine to arrive. While looking at Stocky's website I notice they don't recommend this combination. Anyone have any thoughts as to why ?
Is it because of the aluminum bedding block?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice

I have a Bell & Carlson Medalist Tactical stock on my Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308. Just took delivery on a PT&G dbm assembly, still waiting on magazine to arrive. While looking at Stocky's website I notice they don't recommend this combination. Anyone have any thoughts as to why ?
Is it because of the aluminum bedding block?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice

Might have something to do with Medalists only coming in BDL, and in order to run a PTG DBM (M5 pattern) you'd have to send the stock out to be properly inletted (or do it yourself).

Also, they'd probably rather sell you a BDL-pattern Wyatt DBM.

Thanks boiler, I know it will have to re-inletted. You don't think it's a technical difference in the stock ?

I have PTG dBm on my medalist tactical and it runs perfectly. Inletting was a pain, but everything operates as it should.