• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No Easy Day to pay and read or not?

snowdin5000

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2012
Idaho
Ok so I would like to read this book but I have just one problem in doing so spending money on it. The reason I feel this way is because I think that it is wrong of the author an ex seal to write this if he wasn't given clearance to do so. I might be wrong but I though that part of being a seal was shutting up and doing what your asked. I figure if I pay for the book it would in a way be rewarding this guy for leaking info. Are my thoughts on this wrong ?

Re: No Easy Day to pay and read or not?

He should have kept his lips zipped. And so should the leadership. We killed his ass and it wasn't pretty is all we needed to know. Get a bootleg copy and don't pay a cent.

WTF? If you want to read it pay the man. If you think what he wrote violates principle than ignore it, but someone bootlegging a copy out of moral convictions? Haha your ability to rationalize makes you fit for Congress.
The white house released every detail of this raid last year except for the parts that make bin laden or the white house look bad...think the Defense Department approved that?
The operational details are ALREADY OUT. Not sure why more people dont understand that.

Heres what Rear Adm. Sean Pybus had to say:

— A former Navy SEAL's insider account of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden contains classified information, the Pentagon said Tuesday, and the admiral who heads the Naval Special Warfare Command said details in the book may provide enemies with dangerous insight into secretive U.S. operations.

Rear Adm. Sean Pybus told his force Tuesday that "hawking details about a mission" and selling other information about SEAL training and operations puts the force and their families at risk.

"For an elite force that should be humble and disciplined for life, we are certainly not appearing to be so," Pybus wrote in a letter to the roughly 8,000 troops under his command. "We owe our chain of command much better than this."

The letter was obtained by The Associated Press.

At the Pentagon, press secretary George Little said that an official review of the book, "No Easy Day," determined that it reveals what he called "sensitive and classified" information. He was not more specific but said the author was required to submit the book to the Pentagon before publication for a formal review of potential disclosures of such information.

"When you have special operations units that perform these missions, there are tactics, techniques, and procedures, not to mention human life, that are in play," Little said. "And it is the height of irresponsibility not to have this kind of material checked for the possible disclosure of classified information."

He told reporters during a briefing that the Pentagon is still reviewing what legal options should be taken against the author.

If the Pentagon determines the bin Laden book does disclose classified secrets, the government could consider bringing federal criminal charges against Bissonnette. The potential charges and penalties would depend largely on what type of secrets were disclosed.

Pybus, in his letter, was more direct, saying that, "We must immediately reconsider how we properly influence our people in and out of uniform NOT to seek inappropriate monetary, political, or celebrity profit from their service" with the SEALS.

"We all have much to gain or lose," he said. "In the weeks ahead, we will be taking actions to meet this challenge, and I appreciate your leadership and support of our community in this effort."

Last week, Adm. William McRaven, head of U.S. Special Operations Command, warned his troops that he would take legal action against anyone found to have exposed sensitive information that could cause fellow forces harm. The Naval Special Warfare Command is a unit within U.S. Special Operations Command.

A lawyer for author Matt Bissonnette, who wrote under the pseudonym Mark Owen, has disputed that he was legally obliged to have the book screened before publication.

Bissonnette's co-author Kevin Maurer said in a statement Tuesday that Bissonnette "was meticulous about adhering to his desire to never do anything to undermine the SEALs' mission or put his former colleagues in harm's way."

Little would not say what damage may result from the book's revelations and he declined to point to any specific portions of the book that contain material that would be considered a violation and a release of classified information.

He said the Pentagon did not try to stop the public release of the book this week in part because there wasn't much time.

"Pre-release copies of the book were already being circulated around," Little said. "So the practical effect of requesting that the publisher withhold release of the book just wasn't an available option."

He added that the Pentagon also has not taken steps to stop the book from being sold on military installations. It's not the Pentagon's practice, Little said, "to get into the business of deciding what and what does not go on bookshelves in military exchanges. But that doesn't mean in any way, shape or form that we don't have serious concerns about the fact that this process of pre-publication review was not followed."

The book, which was published by Dutton, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA), was No. 1 on Amazon's best seller list Tuesday, which was its official release day. The initial print run was 575,000 copies and publication of the book was moved up from Sept. 11 to Sept. 4 amid a flurry of reports about the book last week.

Jeh Johnson, the Pentagon's top lawyer, notified Bissonnette last Thursday that the Pentagon believes he is in "material breach and violation" of two nondisclosure agreements and of a related document he signed upon leaving active duty in April 2012.

In response, Robert D. Luskin of the law firm Patton Boggs wrote to Johnson on Friday that his firm is representing Bissonnette and asserting that he is not in breach of his nondisclosure agreements.

The Justice Department could go after the profits of the book in a civil proceeding if it is determined that he violated the nondisclosure agreement by not getting the book pre-cleared.

You tell em Magiantor. Some fine young SEAL might buy the farm in the near future because of this book. They need to keep their lips zipped even though the Commander and Chief can't. He did them a great disservice.
mad.gif

What is the difference w/this book (i have not read, but just bought), in relation to Lone Survivor, American Sniper, or any other recent military book? What about "Act of Valor"? I am trying to differentiate between the other 15 books and this one.

I'll tell you the difference...this one makes the white house and the generals that kiss @$$ up there look bad. Because of the limits of this forum I will leave it at that. If you have any questions about whether this book can do any harm then go back and read the New Yorker article last year from the white house....everything was released except they made bin Laden out to be a tough guy and the white house as tough and decisive.
The top generals I have worked with don't give a #$%# about security if it conflicts with the how the administration will view them or possibly piss off the white house. THAT is always the priority at the top. Forever changed the way I view the military.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll tell you the difference...this one makes the white house and the generals that kiss @$$ up there look bad. Because of the limits of this forum I will leave it at that. If you have any questions about whether this book can do any harm then go back and read the New Yorker article last year from the white house....everything was released except they made bin Laden out to be a tough guy and the white house as tough and decisive.
The top generals I have worked with don't give a #$%# about security if it conflicts with the how the administration will view them or possibly piss off the white house. THAT is always the priority at the top. Forever changed the way I view the military. </div></div>

So it sounds as though yuor saying the top generals are lttle more than polititions themselves?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll tell you the difference...this one makes the white house and the generals that kiss @$$ up there look bad. Because of the limits of this forum I will leave it at that. If you have any questions about whether this book can do any harm then go back and read the New Yorker article last year from the white house....everything was released except they made bin Laden out to be a tough guy and the white house as tough and decisive.
The top generals I have worked with don't give a #$%# about security if it conflicts with the how the administration will view them or possibly piss off the white house. THAT is always the priority at the top. Forever changed the way I view the military. </div></div>

This is exactly what I was thinking!!!

like.jpg

If it made the Commander in Chief look <span style="font-style: italic">good,</span> as well as the top military brass, do you think the response may have been different?

I agree with KYP and I don't see what the problem is here. The white House already leaked 99% of the "Classified" details, the SEALS story (which is probably more accurate by-the-way) is just a variation of the already leaked story. So buy the book, or don't but you shouldn't have moral qualms about it as the WH already showed the cards.

I bought it, I'm gonna read it.

Don't know if this guy let anything out or not, and I probably wont be able to tell if he did.

But regardless, looking at this book it doesn't look big enough to let out the information this administration leaked.

May be wrong, but I bet I'm not.

Anyway I'll see when I get it read.

I bought it and read it. Cool stuff. If there really is classified info in there, why would the government make it known there is? Wouldn't the sensible thing to do be take care of it as discreetly as possible?

Well POOP,

Wife got to the book before I did, now I got to wait until she's finished.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Duke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought it and read it. Cool stuff. If there really is classified info in there, why would the government make it known there is? Wouldn't the sensible thing to do be take care of it as discreetly as possible? </div></div>

Dats whys deys de gubmint!!!!!!

I just finished the book last night. Thought it was a good read and it wasn't apparent to me that there was anything in there that hadn't been said before.

At the end of the book he made it clear he was donating a significant portion if not all of it's profits to various Military Wounded Warrior Charities and urged us all to do the same.

I would think what "the brass" is pissed about is that it refuted exactly how THEY portrayed the mission, specifically the killing of UBL.

The other significant factor is that it highlights the people that carried out this mission instead of the Washington decision makers, who IMHO are just a bunch of spoiled little bitches that are pissed they didn't get all the credit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the difference w/this book (i have not read, but just bought), in relation to Lone Survivor, American Sniper, or any other recent military book? What about "Act of Valor"? I am trying to differentiate between the other 15 books and this one.
</div></div>

The difference: Non disclosure form he signed, SF315? (Close, I forget).

He was under ORDERS TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT.

That said I'll get a bootleg copy and read it, I don't want him making money on me.

Been hearing the rumor that his team found out he was going to get out and ostracized him - wonder if he ran his mouth about publishing the story.

@#$^%

TREASON - That's how I see it.

Got a moral dilemma?? Just go to Barnes and Noble and steal the book. If you like it, go back and pay for it. If you don't, take it back for a full refund:>)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marc O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a moral dilemma?? Just go to Barnes and Noble and steal the book. If you like it, go back and pay for it. If you don't, take it back for a full refund:>)

</div></div>

I like the way you operate.

LOL, easier to get it online.

Won't be a moral dilemna when the pentagon orders all copies retracted and fines him whatever money he makes for running his mouth.

speaks of his honor though - signed his name, gave his word he would not speak about anything he did.

Everything aside, the Pentagon released the seals name. He now has a hit on his head along with his family. They were able to fly 747's into sky scrappers, I bet they can kill his ass too. Pentagon just killed a man and his family because their panties are in a bunch. Fuck Them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, easier to get it online.

Won't be a moral dilemna when the pentagon orders all copies retracted and fines him whatever money he makes for running his mouth.

<span style="font-weight: bold">speaks of his honor though - signed his name, gave his word he would not speak about anything he did.</span>
</div></div>

That's purty much what you do when you click the "I Agree" button on the internet these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Won't be a moral dilemna when the pentagon orders all copies retracted and fines him whatever money he makes for running his mouth.</div></div>

They'll probably put out a kill contract on anyone who bought the book too. I hear them boys own lots a snipers...

I'll buy it and read it. Like stated earlier, what's different than any other non-fiction book about current wars?
I feel the govt is just not wanting someone to make money and shine a light on a subject they fought so hard to twist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, easier to get it online.

speaks of his honor though - signed his name, gave his word he would not speak about anything he did.
</div></div>

Interesting take. Does it speak of your honor to steal intellectual property? Sounds like you make that judgement based on your perception of the property owner...though you violate US law not his if you get a bootleg copy. You can justify doing this based on your evaluation of his character...perhaps he feels the same way about the DOD.

He gave his word that he would not reveal classified info. Do you know that he has done so?

The White House and the Chain of Command have released all the classified info that was politically beneficial to them with out regard for operational secrecy (including the type of helicopters used and the units involved) which may have resulted in the deaths of several members of Team 6. When our leaders set the example, they have little to cry about when their subordinates act in kind. Hypocrisy is the hall mark of this administration. Buy the book, nothing but good can come from it. History that has not been corrupted by the leftist professors who control it...is worth it's weight in gold.

I'm on chapter 4 of the Audio book.

The part when he's talking about going to the armory made me very jealous!

Translation of "I'll not buy but I'll read":

I don't like pimps, and disagree with prostitution in principle, so I'll rape the hooker.

------

Cognitive dissonance is rampant amongst the kool-aid drinkers, eh?

Ya know... there are two sides to the "keep your mouth shut" principle: One for the trigger pullers and the other for the pieces of shit that sent them to pull triggers. The coin got flipped into the political vending machine and all bets are off. Don't like the flavor, .gov? Take a sip, .gov... take a sip.

May Bissonette make hand over fist money and may the .gov lose their case against him.

ok guys i was never in the service, but love read books like american sniper lone survior ect i got the book on kindel and will loan it to any member here they can read it from my account for free

on chapter 7 and so far its a great book have not read anything "super secret" as of yet maybe some folks are bent cause he's making the money and beat them to a book??? anyway help me understand IF this book has SOO MANY SECRETS in it how did it get published???? just sayin anyway pm me if you wanna read it on your kindel i have it

I bought the book and tried to read it with an open mind. Initially, I was a little disappointed he wrote it. After reading it I am happy he did. I will try not to be political, but it will be hard not to and make my point.

If you have not read the book and don't want details then don't read the rest of my post.The story the White House released and if this book is the actual truth, I believe the White House made a major mistake. The White House claimed OBL was reaching for a gun when he was shot. The author say's he was shot peaking his head out of the door. After the Seals entered the room they started searching and found an AK47 and a pistol above the door. Both guns did not have a round in the chamber. According to the author OBL had at least 30 minutes after the Seals started their assault to mount a defense.

I believe this is a very important detail that should have been confirmed by the White House. This so called leader of the jihad did not even take a stand and fight when he had ample time to prepare. A so called man that persuaded men, women, and children to die for a cause he himself would not. I know it is wishful thinking, but if this information was widely known maybe it may give pause to a lost soul thinking of joining their cause.

The author makes this point very clear. I hope that is one of the main reasons he decided to write the book. The story the White House released does a great disservice to the truth that should be spread far and wide. OBL was a pathetic piece of shit that did not have the balls to stand and fight for what he believed in.

Exactly JSF. Why did the official version try to paint OBL as some sort of respectable character?

Panetta the SECDEF is seeking punishment for the book....but would not commit to saying that the SEAL leaked classified info. I think that is because the important operational details have already been released and there is nothing to prosecute that wouldn't immediately get thrown back in their hypocritical faces.

I believe this is a witchhunt to punish someone with the balls and integrity to counter the narrative that the white house released, a narrative that was much more damaging to national security than this book could possibly be. For whatever reason they wanted OBL to seem manly and honorable, like this was a glorious knightly dual between two tough world powerbrokers. One died like a scared little girl and the other literally had to be retrieved from the golf course. It is what it is. I believe the SEAL version, and the DOD is pissed because they know others will too.

You can make the argument that as military members it is not our job to release the truth when it runs counter to our commanders. However, the oath is to the Constitution, not the commander, the government, or the President. If this man released this book before the white house description of the raid last year, he should be prosecuted, but he didn't. The administration's "leaked" account included the kind of helicopters, insertion methods including how and where they stage, what support assets are used, how many operators, assault methods, some fairy-tail version of OBL's death, egress plan, all to glorify certain interests. I was furious when I read it and know the operators were as well. It WILL make operations of this kind more dangerous and difficult to execute successfully in the future.

I don't know Bissonette's motivation because I don't know the man. I am not even trying to defend him as much as I am offering that there is more here than meets the eye. I am confident that the DOD and administration will paint him as a dishonorable profiteer. However, I am far more willing to give a man like him the benefit of the doubt and consider other more honorable intentions for his side of the story than I am the brass in Washington DC.

I learned in my own time that if you wanted something to stay secure then ironically the higher the rank of the official in the know, military or civilian, the more likely they would leak it like some chip in a political poker game where career advancement is in the pot.

I bought the book last night and will begin reading it very soon so I can discuss the topic intelligently.

If the book is a detailed narrative, and if the book details tactics used by the best units in the American military, in an operation that is the most consequential one since whenever (we don't know because they're secret), but at the same time running off at the mouth about the details is not consequential and "no big deal", then we are all getting snookered; why the expense and hoopla with special ops if there isn't anything special about a critical operation? Is it my mistake? I guess so. I assumed details about such an operation, if they really are details, would have been damaging to future operators and operations. But, apparently not.

Really, I might have been equating Delta with SEAL.

Casey - does it matter if it is not new information? In other words, does the fact that the important details are already public knowledge have any bearing on talking about them? I do think the fact that he is getting some backlash is good in that it indicates there is a still a lot of respect for keeping your mouth shut, even if what he is saying is already out there.

The moral of the story is, if EVERYONE has kept their mouth shut then this wouldn't even be an issue and special ops methods would still be on a need to know basis, and foreign nationals like the Pakistani doctor might still be willing to help us in the future. That is the way it should have been.

I've been chewing this over for the past few days.

Would it be moral to borrow the book yes, however if I liked it I would certainly purchase a copy.

But as is being stated above, there are a lot of people that believe not on ly is this guy being used as a scapegoat, THERE ARE THOSE THAT WANT THIS BOOK RELEASED (Prior to the election to remind America HE got Osama).

And, after all, this is America, land of the free and the ingenius..........I'll contribute.

For two reasons:
A) He may need a good defense fund as the government will take ALL proceeds if they win, and if they do not win he won't have any money left to fight them with.

B) Curiosity

Now all that said, someone else "Leaked" that when he said he was getting out, he was ostracized from the teams. I wonder if he told them he was going to write the book.

The really sad side is the current establishment was leaking a LOT of information 8 years ago, so when someone does it now they don't like it, or they exploit it.

Because of that, I'll support him. If I did not feel that he was being used as a pawn I would still say "Prosecute" but since I think he's being used.........

Pertinent excerpts from Shakespeare's "Coriolanus", Act 3, Scene 3:
All pertinent, bolded and underlined for emphasis...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, hear me speak.

I am content.

Scratches with briers,
Scars to move laughter only.

What is the matter
That being pass'd for consul with full voice,
I am so dishonour'd that the very hour
You take it off again?

Say, then: 'tis true, I ought so.

How! traitor!

The fires i' the lowest hell fold-in the people!
<span style="font-weight: bold">Call me their traitor! Thou injurious tribune!
Within thine eyes sat twenty thousand deaths,
In thy hand clutch'd as many millions, in
Thy lying tongue both numbers, I would say
'Thou liest' unto thee with a voice as free
As I do pray the gods.</span>
<span style="text-decoration: underline">
What do you prate of service?</span>

I know no further:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Let them pronounce the steep Tarpeian death,
Vagabond exile, raying, pent to linger
But with a grain a day, I would not buy
Their mercy at the price of one fair word;
Nor cheque my courage for what they can give,
To have't with saying 'Good morrow.'
</span>
You common cry of curs! whose breath I hate
As reek o' the rotten fens, whose loves I prize
As the dead carcasses of unburied men
That do corrupt my air, I banish you;
<span style="font-weight: bold">And here remain with your uncertainty!
Let every feeble rumour shake your hearts!
Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes,
Fan you into despair! Have the power still
To banish your defenders; till at length
Your ignorance, which finds not till it feels,
Making not reservation of yourselves,
Still your own foes, deliver you as most
Abated captives to some nation
That won you without blows! Despising,
For you, the city, thus I turn my back:
There is a world elsewhere.</span></div></div>

Good find CS...If nothing else the Shakespeare excerpt shows that this has been an issue for time immemorial. I attached a much less cultured version of the sentiment below. The injustice of it is what frustrates me....think how much stronger we would be as a military and a nation if there were as much loyalty from the top down as their is from the bottom up.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-q7s0QzECp0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-q7s0QzECp0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

If the DOD & WH try to bury this guy then they can get fucked. Lead by example. The fucking history channel had an entire show right after the raid took place detailing everything about the mission. Explain to me how the hell they got their info so quickly? The only thing I can think of in the book that differed from this show was the History Channel exaggerated the details. There was no 30 minute fire fight. OBL did not go for a gun. Hollywood was given inside access by the Pentagon, CIA, and White House so they could make a movie. So, it is all right for the Pentagon, CIA, and White House to tell the story. Practice what you preach assholes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the DOD & WH try to bury this guy then they can get fucked. Lead by example. The fucking history channel had an entire show right after the raid took place detailing everything about the mission. Explain to me how the hell they got their info so quickly? The only thing I can think of in the book that differed from this show was the History Channel exaggerated the details. There was no 30 minute fire fight. OBL did not go for a gun. Hollywood was given inside access by the Pentagon, CIA, and White House so they could make a movie. So, it is all right for the Pentagon, CIA, and White House to tell the story. Practice what you preach assholes. </div></div>

That is also part of what changed my mind.

I still think he shouldn't have done it, not now anyway - his story would ALWAYS BE there for a future buck. Why did he feel it so important that he has to tell it?

The almighty $$$ , or somecoaxing from people in high places.

The timing stinks but what the hell.

KY, yes. It matters. Those seeking to bring harm to our informants, soldiers and citizens, I assume, are less likely to believe the politicians, but are more likely to believe an eye witness chatty boy who was there. Writing is gloating, they will believe.

Gloating is dangerous in this respect.

Cowboying is dangerous.

Hotdogging is dangerous in this business we are discussing here.

One more thing for clarity. KY, you are about the same sentiment as am I. In Iraq the old men sent many, 4000 + of whom returned only in spirit.....for nothing but politics.

casey

im about 3/4 through with the book iots an awesome read still have not seen why everyones getting so butt hurt over it, has mentioned anything "secret" that has not been shown on the shows that have been aired about it ecept thw faCT that after they were done with the mission the president would ca laim everything HE did to get the guy soo obama is prob butthurt but who rally cares...

casey youll enjoy the book as far he could have went in dept on the super secret blackhawk he rode in on that crashed but he didnt overall great book

MONEY is apparently not a motivation for this book.

The 60 Minutes story if you didn't watch it yet:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7421136n

Second Charity Refuses Donations from Navy SEAL Author

A second charity is refusing to accept donations from former Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette, author of the bestelling book No Easy Day about the mission to kill Osama bin Laden, The Atlantic Wire has confirmed. The decision by the charities could loom large if the government takes legal action against Bissonnette.

On Friday, the Navy SEAL Foundation refused to accept proceeds from the sale of the book No Easy Day citing Pentagon accusations that the author leaked classified information about the mission to kill Osama bin Laden. Today, Patt Dossett, director of the Tip of the Spear Foundation, tells The Atlantic Wire his charity is following suit. "We are not accepting proceeds from the sale of this book," he said, noting that the organization's ability to help SEAL veterans and families "is based upon a level of trust placed in us ... The Foundation takes very seriously the protection of the men and the mission." Meanwhile, a third Navy SEAL charity, the All in All the Time Foundation, tells the Virginia Pilot it hasn't yet decided if it will accept Bissonnette's money. Those three organizations make up the entirety of charitable groups cited by Bissonnette in his book as worthy of receiving financial support. "Help me raise millions of dollars for these organizations," Bissonnette writes in the book's last chapter.

The reason the charities' decisions matter is because from day one Bissonnette has said the "majority" of the book's proceeds would go to charities that support Navy SEALs. It was a move that was both admirable and savvy given the Pentagon's threat of seizing the book's proceeds. It was inevitable that if the Pentagon decided to bring legal action against Bissonnette, critics would decry the Obama administration for seizing money intended for injured Navy SEAL veterans and their families. Now the Defense Department can cite the prominent SEAL charities that distanced themselves from Bissonnette should such a controversy arise.

So does Bissonnette have a backup plan if his third charity decides to abandon him? We reached out to his publisher Dutton, an imprint of Penguin, which has been speaking for Bissonnette. Spokeswoman Christine Ball said Bissonnette had no need for a backup plan, referring to him under his penname Mark Owen. "Mark is giving the majority of the proceeds from his book to charity but he has never said where," she said. "The three charities in the back of the book are just places he suggest readers donate if they want to help." While true it seems unlikely that Bissonnette wasn't planning on donating to the three charities given that no other ones were mentioned in his book or elsewhere. Regardless, whoever gets the cash, there's likely to be plenty of it. The book has skyrocketed to the top of e-Books and Amazon.com bestseller lists coming off a spate of media attention and last night's appearance on 60 Minutes.

from
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/...al-author/56678

CS1983's School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Stuff and Want To Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.

My son in law has bought the book to give to me, as soon as he reads it.
I'll reserve judgement til after the read.

"CRAP!!!!" just tried to loan this book from my kildle to another snipershide member and you CANT LOAN IT... sorry guys anyway it was a good read. not as good as lone survivior or american sniper but i thought it was good again sorry guys i tried

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><span style="font-style: italic">"...what can I do to help? Two answers come to mind. Don't just live, but live for a purpose bigger than yourself. Be an asset to your family, community, and country....." </span></span><span style="text-decoration: underline">No Easy Day</span>, Owen/Maurer, p.299.</span>

Quoted from the Author's Note section. Page x, para 4.

"If you are looking for secrets, this is not your book."

I'm about half way into it. It's no different than any other seal book that I've read lately. They are literally all almost the same. If the tale of the assault on OBL in No Easy Day is different than Geronimo I will be highly supprised.

Currently reading "FEARLESS". Have read most of the SEAL books that are out. Next is "No Easy Day". FEARLESS is the favorite of the books I have read about SEALs. That said, I would state the book gives lots of information about SEAL Team 6. All the books give intimate details about the missions they have completed and/or participated.

The only difference between this story and the others is this person did not receive an approval. From what I understand, this person did not want to receive an approval because he wanted the story to be told correctly and any cost. He felt passionate about the events and did not want the government to distort the true story.

Does anyone else agree?

midst of reading it. its good