• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No longer a huge fat ass (now with pictures)

match-grade

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2006
Knoxville, TN
It has been a while since I was on the hide, and I am super glad to see this fitness section.

In brief, in the last year and a half, I gone from a miserable 250 pounds (5 foot 9 inches) down to 198 pounds. The Wife and I (she has lost 25 pounds and now a size 4 from a 10) absolutely let ourselves go.

Being office workers now, lunches were almost always at a restaurant, and then we would come home and eat a bunch of BS.

I am not at my target of 175, but damn close.

Here is what I have sacrificed... Nothing. I still eat out, just in moderation. I still have sodas, just not 3 a day. We now work out moderately about 5 days a week. Lunches at work are now 30 minutes at the park running about 3 miles. Then a quick hour at the gym doing a bunch of lite stuff. Nothing major.

I did not gain the weight overnight, and did not lose it overnight. Starving yourself and working out like a freak to lose 20 pounds only burns you out.

I'll try to get a picture of Mr. Blimpy and what he looks like now. I may not be The Biggest Loser, but shit, my knees don't hurt me know either.

Re: No longer a huge fat ass

Good for you man! Hopefully your story will motivate of few people to the same. God knows I need it. Can't wait to see the pictures. Congratulations once again!

Excellent job bud!!!

I mentored a guy who lost 260 pounds by eating properly and hitting the heavy bag, and if he can do it, lotsa people can.

Consider the heavy bag should you find yourself getting a bit of burn out. A fun, sweaty burn!

Keep up the good work!

Good for you, bro. Keep up the good work! I hope you hang with it!

This is only hearsay until we see a pic of your size 4 wife in something that accentuates her size 4.

Seriously though, congrats to both of you. You'll be amazed at how much better you will feel.

Congrats;
Keep up the great attitude.
No high fuctose sugar.

Congradulations , i'm glad to see that sombody has relized that its not the type of thing that happens over night.

Slow and steady , making slight changes to your lifestyle will help in the long run

Congratulations! You just feel better. 228 to 192 here. Only problem now is finding clothes that fit LOL.

I hear you on the clothes fitting thing. Right now I am size "awkward." Some 36 and large is too big. But, it's hard to find size 35 pants and size medium shirts make me look like the muffin top girls who spend an hour in front of a mirror convincing themselves that they don't look that fat in a tight shirt.

Maybe I'll just get a onesie , like the pilots wear (flightsuit??).

I am 5'6" and a few years ago I was near 200#. I felt like doodoo! I got that down to about 180# and am now trying to lose the remains of my love handles. I am cutting way back on diet soft drinks. Now, a Crystal Lite takes the place of Diet Coke/Dr. Pepper. I know the diet drinks have no calories, but I don't feel bloated and my appetite has decreased.

For me, the trick is to eat regular meals and cut out the candy bars and pastries. I still have a small icecream now and again, but the banana splits are out as are the biscuits and gravy. Getting off biscuits was like recovering from IV drugs- remember, I am a southerner.

As a bonus, my knees no longer hurt and my clothes actually fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: match-grade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear you on the clothes fitting thing. Right now I am size "awkward." Some 36 and large is too big. But, it's hard to find size 35 pants and size medium shirts make me look like the muffin top girls who spend an hour in front of a mirror convincing themselves that they don't look that fat in a tight shirt.

Maybe I'll just get a onesie , like the pilots wear (flightsuit??). </div></div>

Hahaha! I hadn't thought of that option.

Ok, no before pictures yet, but i got a good one at work that really shows off the porkyness of me. These two pics are fairly recent...Me about two weeks ago, and Wifey mid September.

jimmy.jpg

wife.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: match-grade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
jimmy.jpg

</div></div>

Conan! Your back?! lol

Sorry, I had to do it

Good job to both of you. Stay focused and lose the rest of it, just make sure not to sacrifice any muscle tissue with the fat loss.

Congratulations. It takes patience and focus which you both obviously have. I lost 23 pounds last year by walking 30 minutes 5x weekly, never eating fried foods, and avoiding fatty foods. You have a new lease on life when you feel healthy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: match-grade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
jimmy.jpg

</div></div>

I need your clothes, boots, and your motorcycle.

jimmy.jpg
</div></div>

The littered water bottle.....
mad.gif
it takes a great story and and a great picture and ruins it in it's own little way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am 5'6" and a few years ago I was near 200#. I felt like doodoo! I got that down to about 180# and am now trying to lose the remains of my love handles. I am cutting way back on diet soft drinks. Now, a Crystal Lite takes the place of Diet Coke/Dr. Pepper. I know the diet drinks have no calories, but I don't feel bloated and my appetite has decreased.</div></div>

Diet sodas are a "lesser of two evils" kinda thing. Those that contain aspartame will leach calcium from your teeth and bones unless you have a very healthy calcium intake, which most Americans don't. They are not a great solution to the problem.