• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No love for Geissele Match or DMR?

PowerstrokeOBX

Gunpowder Addict
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Outer Banks NC
Everybody seems to use the SSAE or SDE. Why not the HiSpeed Match or the DMR? Is the triggger pull to light and short causing bump fires? Or, are they too expensive?

Re: No love for Geissele Match or DMR?

I and running the high speed service rifle in two of mine for consistency with my match rifle.

SSAE is tried and true for me. Haven't had a need to go with something better. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... At least that has been my experience.

Quality Kit worth the $$$$. Also the Wilson Combat TTu-TR-3G is a strong single stage drop in

Personally I find the non adjust design of the SD-E to be very advantageous for a hard use rifle.

When you can get a trigger that feels as good as the SD-E does in a non adjust design, why go with a much more complicated adjust design like the Hi Speed.

Just my 2cents worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

When you can get a trigger that feels as good as the SD-E does in a non adjust design, why go with a much more complicated adjust design like the Hi Speed.

</div></div>

Have you have watched Mr. G's hi-speed match videos? He shows how simple it is to adjust and what each adjustment does. It's a 50 minute video including removal and installation but the tuning tips are good.

I'd link the video but I'm on my phone.

I have several; all set up the same. Had "no love" for AR's 'till I realized that all of them, from el cheapo to top shelf, could have a match grade trigger with $279.00 and 20 minutes of my time.

<span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">I run the SSA-E in a DSArms ZM4 lower with either a DSArms 5.56mm ZM4Midlength 16" upper or a Sabre Defence 6.5 Grendel Heavy Bench 24" upper, serving in the dual-purpose role equally well!</span></span>

I'm running the High Speed in my .308 AR and the SSA in my M4/Carbine Love them both.

Bill and John are great! They support LEA and the military all the time

The first Geissele I bought was a service rifle version. I never played with the adjustments so I figured the extra $70 could be used elsewhere. SSA-Es go in my rifles now.

I've got 3 DMR's, 4 SSA's, an SSA-E, 2S2, and an SD3G. I love the DMR's for precision AR's.

I have the SSA-E in one of my rifles (6.8) - and am considering adding it to my 5.56. Switching rifles is jarring as the trigger pull on my 5.56 is standard mil-spec grade. I love how cleanly and predictably the SSA trigger breaks.

i've got an SSA in a 14.5 carbine and an SSF in a 20 inch SPR and couldnt be happier with the results.

Running two HS Match and DMR is on the way.

Life is too short to shoot a crappy trigger.

I run a high speed match in my POF 308 and my DMR style 5.56. Great triggers.

I have 2 SSA's, 1 SSA-E, and 1 Hi-Speed Match.

The AWESOMENESS of the Hi-Speed Match is that it's multi adjustable. You can adjust the Sear Engagement, the First Stage, and the 2nd Stage. The bad part about the Hi-Speed Triggers is it takes a little work to get the ideal settings that you prefer. Once set up though, this is the ultimate trigger, and you will not find nothing better.

The SSA and SSA-E are basically the same. Both are not adjustable at all. The first stage of both the SSA and E are the same weight, the 2nd stage on the E is lighter because of the lighter spring (maybe less coils?).

One of my SSA's appear to be lighter than my SSA-E, but I think this is only because the gun the E is on is not used much that much so it might be still stiff.

If you just want to drop in a trigger and do not want to adjust anything, than the SSA-E is the way to go. Most people do not need the ability of the Match to tune super light. Even side by side you barely notice a difference as far as pull weight goes... did I mentioned I really like the Sear adjustment of the Match???

If you want the ability to adjust the sear, the first stage, and the 2nd stage any time you want.. in addition you want some extra cool tools, and a hat, then get the Hi-Speed Match! The extra tool that comes with the Match is a pin pusher, oversize pin, and a trigger pin guide. I am not sure if they always comes with hats, but my Hi-Speed Match did.

I have the SSA in all of my carbines, the SD-E in my "precision" rifles.

I have fired the High Speed Match, and loved it... but, I routinely loan out my rifles to students that come through our classes, and my rifles get beat up a bit. I chose the SSA due to it's predictability, and non adjustability. Same with the SD-E. I didn't want Murphy to rear his ugly mug and have a set screw back out.

Now, I know that it is next to impossible for that to happen, but... I am great friends with Murphy.

The SD-E took me a bit of getting used to, with the flat trigger shoe, but now I love it for precision rifle work. It has such a nice clean PREDICTABLE break, I have not needed anything lighter.

If I were shooting competitions, maybe... but, for what I do, these two triggers work remarkably well. I have become a HUGE fan of the two stage GA triggers.

Recently, I built a lower for a friend of mine with the S3G in it. Just dry firing it, has made me want to get one to just give it a run... it feels so different than what the other GA triggers feel like. Not bad, just different. For what it is made for, I think it would rock.

I have zero experience with the DMR trigger... and I have never fired a SSA-E.

Cheers!!!

DMack

I have 2 ssa and 1 hi speed match. I got the match for a precision 6.5 build that's not complete yet. I installed the same trigger in my buddies lower and before making any adjustments it was incredible.

I put one ssa in my lmt, which I didn't want to worry about set screws coming loose.

The other ssa is in my 6.8 hog hunting gun. I like it but wish it was a bit lighter sometimes when I'm developing loads it would be nice to have a lighter break.

Does anyone know if the difference between the ssa and ssa-e is just the spring?
Do you think the s3g, ssa-e or sd-e would work best in a hunting rig that is used for target shooting(load developing)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCourt Munitions LLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Running two HS Match and DMR is on the way.

Life is too short to shoot a crappy trigger.</div></div>

I second this.

Just got my HS Match in my DPMS 6.5 the pins they provide were oversize by .oo1 and I couldn't get them in so I used the original pins. Got it all adjusted feels nice but we'll see when I hit the range,

Got a SSA-E on its way. I was gonna order the DMR but i decided that i dont need the adjustable trigger.

Running three DMR's so far.
-
Changed out a RRA 2-stage to DMR on my 458 Socom,
Harrison at AR15 Performance built my 6.8x43 with a DMR,
H also built my 6.5 BRX running the same DMR...
-
I like the DMR alot, and you can guess what trigger will be in my next build!