• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noisefighters

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    The muzzlebrake threads reminded me of these. i recently ordered a set for my Howard Leight Impact Sports and OMG what a difference. I only use these when shooting indoors at a pistol range as i use my OTTO's now for everything. But these made a massive difference in comfort. i recently had to to do my semi annual requal and wore my HL's and for once i had no headache at the end. the relief cut for my safety glasses wrked flawless.

https://www.noisefighters.com/

Just thought id pass along, im sure everyone knows about these and im late to the game.

The muzzlebrake threads reminded me of these. i recently ordered a set for my Howard Leight Impact Sports and OMG what a difference. I only use these when shooting indoors at a pistol range as i use my OTTO's now for everything. But these made a massive difference in comfort. i recently had to to do my semi annual requal and wore my HL's and for once i had no headache at the end. the relief cut for my safety glasses wrked flawless.

Just thought id pass along, im sure everyone knows about these and im late to the game.
    I had heard about them but didn't know where to source.
    Danke.

R

Timing is about right. My HLs are getting long in the tooth and could use an ear cup upgrade. Thanks for the HU.

Thanks for the heads up, actually I didn't know about Noisefighters. I have one set of the Peltor gel ear pads, but ordered a few sets of Noisefighters to see how they work.

Did using the gel pads increase the noise reduction as well as making the HLs more comfortable? Thanks for putting this up. I had wondered about this but didn't know about the product.

Here is a pic

B49CB9A5-0F87-45BD-9377-F86AC7E9FABB.jpeg

Nice find. I work in a VERY LOUD ENVIRONMENT. At work I use ear plugs, and sometimes with over the ear muffs. When I go shooting, I take both, just incase.

I can vouch for the Valholl Gel Cups. Ran them three days straight at Rock Lake PRS match this weekend, sooo darn comfortable and do a great job of sealing up around your ear and conforming to your head and any sunglasses or shooting glasses.

Reactions: AtOne
    I'm going to try these, I've had enough of the headaches from wearing eyepro. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: that coupon code is not working, FYI
    LRSU10. I just double checked. It still might not work as I’m not sure if it was a permanent code or temporary.

Yes, I did use the direct link that TD provided in his OP. That must have been the difference.

Thanks for putting this up. When I got my Impact Spots I was disappointed I couln't buy gel cups. Now it's available and I just ordered two sets. The discount code worked perfect. Thanks again.

Ordered on Wed. and they arrived today (Mon.). I ordered two sets for two pair to Howard Leight Impact Sports. Installation takes two seconds. As best I could tell on the video the horse-shoe groove goes over the ear not under. The groove allows the the gel-cups to collapse around the temples.

The HLs have always taken a bit to seal for me. After putting them on it takes time for the foam cup to collapse enough on top for it to contact on the bottom. It's not so with the gel-cups, they seal immediately top and bottom and they are immediately comfortable. I tried them with my Oakleys which have temples that bow and the gels collapsed right around them. I wore them today when launching retrieving dummys for my Lab. Very comfortable and the sound attenuation was improved.

Last edited:
    .... As best I could tell on the video the horse-shoe groove goes over the ear not under. The groove allows the the gel-cups to collapse around the temples...
    I believe that is incorrect. If you look at the picture above in post #8 by TacticalDillhole, there's a relieved section above the ear-piece that is for the temples of your eye-pro. The horseshoe shaped groves go under and on either side of your ear, as shown in the picture.

I believe that is incorrect. If you look at the picture above in post #8 by TacticalDillhole, there's a relieved section above the ear-piece that is for the temples of your eye-pro. The horseshoe shaped groves go under and on either side of your ear, as shown in the picture.
    What he said.

What he said.

I agree you guys are correct. I initially installed them horseshoe down based on the install video. I was about to call Noisefighters but when I looked at the pic on their homepage it is clear that the temple of the glasses goes as you have suggested.

The problem is, when wearing the Oakleys, the relieved area positioning puts the temple well above where it belongs. An individual problem that is corrected by flipping them the "wrong" way. I'm going out to mow for a few hours and I'll wear the HLs.

Hi ladies and gents,

I was just alerted to this thread and wanted to pop in and say hello. Thank you very much to everyone who has ordered so far and helped get this new business off the ground.

My apologies, however, for not putting up proper directions for use of this new ear pad design until today. As this is a new invention, I've learned the hard way that my design is not intuitive for a small percentage of users, as they place their headsets high in relation to the ear. When wearing the headset up high like that, trying to slide glasses arms into the relief cuts is impossible, as glasses then undergo significant / unbearable pantoscopic tilt, like Quarter Horse mentioned above. His complaint is quite reasonable, as it sounds like he wears the headset higher than average, and that would preclude proper usage of my pads.

As seen in the following picture, the key to proper use is to lower the headset as much as possible. When worn as intended, there is basically negligible tilt, the arms are no longer crushed into the side of the head, and the head seal / noise barrier remains closed at all times. For best results, it's recommended to use straight- or slightly-curved bayonet-style glasses arms, as they won't try to break the seal and hook onto the back of your ear like skull arms. A few examples of proper usage: here, here, here, and here.

I served in a Marine Scout-Sniper Platoon (deployed for both OIF in '06 and OEF in '08), still enjoy precision rifle work, and have been lurking on the forum for many years. I'd like to extend a couple discounts to forum members, as it would be a simple way to help the community. One code is HIDESHIP and it provides for free shipping to any US-based customers, up to USPS Priority Mail 2 Day. If you'd rather get a straight percentage discount (could make sense for a larger order), please use HIDE10 for 10% off. If you would be so kind, please add your username to the NOTES section when ordering so that I can send a personal thank you on here.

If you already ordered and would like a retroactive discount, hit me up: [email protected]

I'd like to support precision rifle shooters in any way I can. I'm planning on providing prizes and attending the PIGG River Precision Finale Match later this year, after the owner reached out, and I'd like to make it out to some PRS matches and potentially become a sponsor of the series. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Neal, owner, Noisefighters

ReliefCutInstructions600.jpg

Hi ladies and gents,

I was just alerted to this thread and wanted to pop in and say hello. Thank you very much to everyone who has ordered so far and helped get this new business off the ground.

My apologies, however, for not putting up proper directions for use of this new ear pad design until today. As this is a new invention, I've learned the hard way that my design is not intuitive for a small percentage of users, as they place their headsets high in relation to the ear. When wearing the headset up high like that, trying to slide glasses arms into the relief cuts is impossible, as glasses then undergo significant / unbearable pantoscopic tilt, like Quarter Horse mentioned above. His complaint is quite reasonable, as it sounds like he wears the headset higher than average, and that would preclude proper usage of my pads.

As seen in the following picture, the key to proper use is to lower the headset as much as possible. When worn as intended, there is basically negligible tilt, the arms are no longer crushed into the side of the head, and the head seal / noise barrier remains closed at all times. For best results, it's recommended to use straight- or slightly-curved bayonet-style glasses arms, as they won't try to break the seal and hook onto the back of your ear like skull arms. A few examples of proper usage: here, here, here, and here.

I served in a Marine Scout-Sniper Platoon (deployed for both OIF in '06 and OEF in '08), still enjoy precision rifle work, and have been lurking on the forum for many years. I'd like to extend a couple discounts to forum members, as it would be a simple way to help the community. One code is HIDESHIP and it provides for free shipping to any US-based customers, up to USPS Priority Mail 2 Day. If you'd rather get a straight percentage discount (could make sense for a larger order), please use HIDE10 for 10% off. If you would be so kind, please add your username to the NOTES section when ordering so that I can send a personal thank you on here.

If you already ordered and would like a retroactive discount, hit me up: [email protected]

I'd like to support precision rifle shooters in any way I can. I'm planning on providing prizes and attending the PIGG River Precision Finale Match later this year, after the owner reached out, and I'd like to make it out to some PRS matches and potentially become a sponsor of the series. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Neal, owner, Noisefighters

View attachment 6904711
    Awesome. We love it when the vendors interact directly. For matches, I would also encourage looking into the guardian matches. Great cause and good people.

I want to thank Neal for the PM he sent me that referred back to his post here where he has provided a more complete explanation of the Noisefighter's usage.

So here's a report on how these have worked out. I've spent hours on a tractor wearing them and several hours shooting with them. I do not use the shelf for the temples. As I explained before, the size, shape and location of my ears is such that I can't use the relief cuts because it causes the temple to be to high. It is an individual problem that does not occur for most users. So when I wear them, I insert the temple below the relief cut and through the horseshoe shaped area. The valley between the inside and outside edges allow the gel cups to collapse around the temple and provide a good seal.

These things are great even used the way I do. The noise attenuation is much improved and the comfort is at a whole different level. I would recommend them to anyone with the HL Impact Sports. I've got two pair of the HLs so I ordered two sets of The NFs and I'm glad I did.

The company is vet owned, has a great product, pays attention to it's customers and supports the shooting sports. We need to support them.

I have not met Neal but I did chat with him by e-mail. This guy is a class act and I think he's making a great upgrade for earpro. Nice work Neal!

So here's a report on how these have worked out. I've spent hours on a tractor wearing them and several hours shooting with them. I do not use the shelf for the temples. As I explained before, the size, shape and location of my ears is such that I can't use the relief cuts because it causes the temple to be to high. It is an individual problem that does not occur for most users. So when I wear them, I insert the temple below the relief cut and through the horseshoe shaped area. The valley between the inside and outside edges allow the gel cups to collapse around the temple and provide a good seal.

Well, I'm quite bummed to hear that the relief cut does not work for you, but I very much appreciate the explanation, short-term review, and note of support. Glad to have you as customer.

I have not met Neal but I did chat with him by e-mail. This guy is a class act and I think he's making a great upgrade for earpro. Nice work Neal!

My pleasure.

How thick are your version of the Peltor COMTAC pads compared to the gel pads that come with the COMTACS? Asking because when I have my helmet on, I have the Peltor's attached via the accessory rail on the Airframe. The Sordins seem to want to press against my head more and make the gel cups seals, whereas the Peltor's barely seal all the way and feel like they aern't trying to push together as much.

I'm worried that if these are thinner, I'd have a gap or at least not as much compressed cup material.

How thick are your version of the Peltor COMTAC pads compared to the gel pads that come with the COMTACS? Asking because when I have my helmet on, I have the Peltor's attached via the accessory rail on the Airframe. The Sordins seem to want to press against my head more and make the gel cups seals, whereas the Peltor's barely seal all the way and feel like they aern't trying to push together as much.

I'm worried that if these are thinner, I'd have a gap or at least not as much compressed cup material.

The Noisefighters ComTac-compatible gel pads are 0.625" / 15.875mm thick, while the factory ComTac foam pads are 0.50" / 12.7mm thick and the factory ComTac gel pads are 0.625" / 15.875mm thick.

All of my gel pad variants are 0.625" / 15.875mm thick except for the Howard Leight version, which is 0.50" / 12.7mm thick and matches the factory foam pad thickness.

The HL-compatible version was my first attempt at producing the relief cut pad design, and my factory supplier advised to go no thicker than 1/2" initially in order to ensure the outer skin wouldn't split during the thermoforming process (the relief cut area is actually really difficult to form). We took the knowledge gained from that process, applied it to the rest of the variants, and were successful in making the 5/8" version for all of the other variants. Personally, I have no issues with the 1/2" thick pad on my Impact Sports while mounted on Peltor ARC Rail Adapters on my kevlar, but I do plan to offer a 5/8" thick version of the Howard Leight-compatible model in the future.

Just ordered a set for MSA Sordins. Thanks for the free shipping!

I missed the place to put notes with username here. My email is real close to my screen name here.

Thanks again!

These look like just the fix for my 10 year old son. He finds wearing ear pads over shooting glasses to be uncomfortable. I will order a pair for myself as well as him. On a side note, if anyone has recommendations for Noisefighters compatible electronic muffs for my son, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Brian