• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

non-corrosive ammo + moisture = corrosion?

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
I was talking to a guy who is convinced that if you store a gun for a while without cleaning it the un-burnt powder in the barrel will collect moisture and cause corrosion. Is this a really possible because it seems to make some sense but I have left gun for a few month without cleaning and it didn't seem to have any effect on accuracy whatsoever.

I was talking to a guy who is convinced that if you store a gun for a while without cleaning it the un-burnt powder in the barrel will collect moisture and cause corrosion. Is this a really possible because it seems to make some sense but I have left gun for a few month without cleaning and it didn't seem to have any effect on accuracy whatsoever.

Yes, this is absolutely possible, and quite common...PARTICULARLY with non-stainless barrels.