• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noob to this forum, from hawaii

mauiboi9

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2013
Hawaii
Hi, recently just picked up an used AI AE MKiii in 308. Not that much people in my area are familiar with these rifles. Always knew about these rifles, personally never thought id own one. But one came into the shop that i worked in with a price tag that i knew i would never afford. Then the rifle sold and very next week came back into the shop. Person who bought it said that the rifle isnt accurate and that it didnt do what the original owner promised it could. Im pretty sure its shooter error, and not the gun. Sat on our shelf for about 8 months and seller became desperate to recoup some money he had spent. When he dropped the price, i jumped on it. So trying to figure out what ever ones setups are. Guess this is a big enough intro for me. lol ill read on and see where it goes from there.

Aloha braddah oahu here. Done minor distance shooting 2, 3 and 6 only when I was in the military shooting the USMC rifle qual.

Ill be bringing the rifle to oahu to shoot a koko head so i can practice. Maui only offers 1st sat 2nd sun and 3rd thurs of the month for open days to shoot at ukumehame. I was going to bring my 338 up buy running to the store to buy ammo is gonna be alot harder for the 338 then the 308 will be. I dont want to bring back and forth casings. And ill be leaving the rifle at my parents house. so i think the 308 will be better to practice with vs 338 lol. Plus our range only goes up to 200yrds. i have access to a 1k+ spot on island but wanna practice more. Im in my mag dump phase in my shooting career still lol.

Koko head is just as crappy since it is only to 200 yards as well. Gotta try to get in with the Schofield Rod and Gun Club guys to shoot a bit more distance or make friends with the range guys at any of the bases.