• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nordic Components NC22 Dedicated Upper Receiver

Re: Nordic Components NC22 Dedicated Upper Receiver

Wow NOMAD, that is AWESOME!! Thank you so much. You made my decision much more difficult, but I thank you just the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulyosh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the pointer, Tony. A few days ago I ordered the 20" version that Rob posted; hopefully it'll be waiting for me tomorrow. I'm excited about the prospect of a RELIABLE .22 AR setup...
</div></div>

Post some pics when you get it Paul. I thought mine would be here today but it wasn't. Hopefully tomorrow.

Mine showed up today. Here's a couple quick pics of the upper on my POF lower. Haven't been able to get to the range and probably won't until Sunday unfortunately.
PA130836.jpg

PA130837.jpg

PA130839.jpg

These look fantastic! However, my search-fu is failing me and I'm having a hard time finding answers to a few questions I have:

1) What barrel mfg is Nordic using on these? Are the black barrels the same stainless barrels with a coating of some sort?
2) Can you get one with a different guard, ie: Magpul MOE?

Thanks!

Rob...that looks like a shooter...I'm looking forward to your range review.

My upper just showed up. It has an Aimpoint w/ Larue mount on it. Fit between upper and lower has ZERO movement. Weight as shown is exactly 8 pounds.

I ordered it Monday and it got here today. I'd say that is PDQ.

I hope to run it tomorrow and see how it does. I plan on starting with Federal 510's 'cause I have a metric ass-load of them.

Keith

NC22crop.jpg

Nice setup KS...be sure to report back on function testing!

Well, I sent my inquiry to Nordic...thought I'd share the response:

1) What barrel mfg is Nordic using on these? <span style="color: #CC0000">Green Mountain Barrels</span>
2) Can you get one with a different guard, ie: Magpul MOE? <span style="color: #CC0000"> Nordic does not carry the additional parts, but could deliver a rifle with no handguard (not certain if that brings a discount)</span>

Looking good nice looking NC22!!!

I may have to order me a heavy barrel version as well!

Does anyone know if these will function in FA with a RR m16?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RossinFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if these will function in FA with a RR m16?</div></div>

no they wont, they are working on a full auto version

Anyone know what chamber they run in the 20" HB? I emailed them but have not heard back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mariner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know what chamber they run in the 20" HB? I emailed them but have not heard back. </div></div>

I have emailed them twice and got no reply. BUT...my upper showed up in 3 days so I guess they are busy filling orders. I too, would like to know that answer.

I think you might want to call to get your answer. Please post the answer when you get it.

thanks,
Keith

The chambers are SAAMI Spec.

Will most AR compatible handguards fit on the upper ie LaRue Tactical 12.0" Handguard LT15-12? This would allow one to set-up the upper exactly like their 223 upper!!!!

I really like my Tactical Solutions AR-15 M4 Upper but I may need to compare the two side by side especially if I can put a LaRue handguard on it
grin.gif

Does the bolt stay open after the last round?

Pat

Pat you will find that the Nordic upper is superior. I replaced my Tactical Solutions upper with a Nordic and couldn't be happier. The damn thing runs like a sewing machine and will run on any brand/type of ammo.

Any of you happy owners happen to own a spikes upper as well? The nordic sounds good, like what i hear on the reliability (ease of shooting anything).
Was wondering if anyone had a pref between the two who's experienced both.

When I purchased my Tactical Solutions upper it was neck and neck with a Spike's. TactSol was local so won out. It sounds as if the advantage for the Nordic Components is the new proprietary bolt design with improved ramp. The TacSol feeds very well once you find what it likes...but I have a stack of different boxes of 22 shells I planned to use in my bolt guns but if the NC runs anything....woo hooo.

Pat

Ordered mine last week and my card got charged so hopefully it's here soon!!!

Like I said I have used every conversion kit and replaceable upper and the Nordic Has been the most reliable and has worked flawless.

I have been getting so much trigger time the last 3 weeks with this it has been unreal.

Yes the bolt stays open after the last round!!

I have to check again though i think when the mag gets removed from the gun the bolt will go home!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes the bolt stays open after the last round!!

I have to check again though i think when the mag gets removed from the gun the bolt will go home!! </div></div>

It does stay open after the last round is fired. When you remove the mag the bolt slams forward.

Keith

Has anyone unscrewed the flash hider and ran a can on it?

Keith

Oh well I was hoping with an upper redesign maybe have my cake and eat it too. At least no last round dry fire on the 22
smile.gif

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone unscrewed the flash hider and ran a can on it?

Keith </div></div>

NC22-18inch%20upper-6.jpg

Fake Spike's Tactical Can to tryout. Adds a little weight, but shortens it a bit. Looks cool at least!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone unscrewed the flash hider and ran a can on it?

Keith </div></div>

Bought mine without the flash hider....waiting on the Form 4 on the .22 can to clear.

I am thinking about getting the .22 can myslef!!

i should be testing my new 18'' with a can this weekend. they told me they thread them concentric to the bore inhouse so it should be good for a suppressor.

im excited. looks like a top notch upper.

does anyone have any real accuracy reviews yet? i know the early ones were reported to have flyers but according to nordic they got ahold of that problem and fixed it.

tag. gotta get one of these!

It's Sunday how are the new ones running, stil the same as a sewing machine?

The 16" is back ordered on their website. Any idea when they will be back in stock?

Nomad,

For your upper, did you just screw a rail onto the hand guard or is the rail integral?

Is it possible to attach a pic rail to the bottom of the hand guard?

Will these accept standard AR hand guards?

Man my NC upper got here today, and man its nicer than I thought it would be. There is absolutely no play between the upper and lower at all. I can't wait till the weekend to run it! PICS will be posted tomorrow

Shit!!!! I didn't know about the Nordic $50 off deal until now. I ordered mine last Friday and got it in on Tuesday. Put it together and added a new Leupold prismatic sight. Replaced the smooth quadrail with a YHM diamond in midlength. I bought the 18" stainless. Pics coming shortly.

Here are the pics of my Nordic NC22 with 18" barrel. Leupold Prismatic. Yankee Hill free float handguard. OD green Duracoat on rifle and mags. Left a strip of the smoke colored mags unpainted so I could still see how many rounds are in the mags. This was a piece together lower that 737SHARK and I both scrounged parts to build. I like the way it turned out.
IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Those are some nice NC22's.I have been in the market for a nice upper and couldnt decide between CMMG and tac-sol. After reading this thread and a few other posts i decided to order a NC22. Went with the 16'' with full-length guard and rail. It seems like a good design, sounds reliable and accurate enough.
Lets see some range reports !
smile.gif

I just got off the phone with them and they do have 16 inchers available. They just need to update the inventory control in website. I think Ken plans on doing that in a little bit so they should be ready to order.

I was away on vacation and I need a shooting fix and i plan on going out and using mine again tomorrow as well.

The float tube is there tube version that they offer as you see above if you have another tube type it will go on.

As for standard handguards you will have to do some mods to make that happen and to be honest you are taking two steps back by doing it.

They also sell picatinny rails long mediums and shorts that you can quickly screw into the pre-drilled holes to add stuff to the gun if you want or need them.

Placed my order for a 16". I hope Nordic gives you a commission Nomad. The man I spoke with at Nordic was very helpful even gave me the discount for an over the phone order. I am pretty excited about this.

If they are taking requests, a 14.5" with pinned flash hider would be nice.

When I went to order mine, the website said it was backordered too but a phone call to Ken got it right on the way. Good customer service. Ken also advised me that as far as they know, any regular AR type accessory will work with these uppers. They were designed to allow you to customize them. My Yankee Hill handguard went on like butter. Couldn't be happier.

Dtarget call and ask them on monday they may be able to help get that taken care off!!

I ordered it on Friday so I it may be in transit by Monday. I will call and check though.

Hmm, a 14.5" barrel with a 13" troy battle rail is sounding pretty good.

For those of you interested you can sign up as members at Brianenos.com and get 10% off your Nordic order.

Thats right. Act now!

We've set up a code for Brian Eno's Members so that you can get 10% off your purchases thru the Nordic Components Retail Store.

FYI.....thats like getting one of our NC22 Rimfire Uppers for $450.00

All you do is upon check out....enter: BE-NORDIC-2010 in the area provided and we've give you 10% off you purchase.

Click here to instantly enter our retail store: Nordic Retail

I've not been told how long this lasts.....so you may want to act quick. They keep that kind of info from me ya know.

The Snipers Hide code is as follows

Here is a promo code for 10% off anything from Nordic Components good until the end of the year.

You can use this to purchase directly thru there site.
SH-NORDIC-2010

They would like you to use the code from the site you have heard about the offer from.

Its also the same as if you got the Nordic Facebook page and use the code there. It just gives them a method to see where business is coming in from.

In the end its still a nice discount no matter what code you use!