• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

North Texas April Rifle Match - Leonard, TX

Re: North Texas April Rifle Match - Leonard, TX

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trev, I have not heard back from you. Do you still want my spot?

If not, anyone else interested? Divorce fucked up many of my plans. </div></div>

Damnit!

Many of these guys don't know about the comic relief we can provide shooting the same match together. Damn Police!

Opalvom. I'm interested. Sent you a PM.

Doubled,

Please replace Txlandman with Yellowjacket for the match.

Txlandman gotta work that weekend.

If you need more information on Yellowjacket PM me and I'll get you what you need.

PM sent as well

Thanks

Hoping for the weather to hold off - keep you eyes out for email notifications on Friday and Saturday on how things are looking. As long as it is not terrible we can shoot the match; too much rain makes range access an issue. We want to avoid falling back on our rain date if at all possible.

Thanks to Josh at Copper Creek Cartridge Co for adding a certificate for ammo to the prize table today as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping for the weather to hold off - keep you eyes out for email notifications on Friday and Saturday on how things are looking. As long as it is not terrible we can shoot the match; too much rain makes range access an issue. We want to avoid falling back on our rain date if at all possible.

Thanks to Josh at Copper Creek Cartridge Co for adding a certificate for ammo to the prize table today as well.</div></div>

Short of lightning, lets run it! A skid loader will fix the ground after it gets tracked up. I happen to have access to one.

Bring yer panchos!

this isn't looking good - they are predicting some major storms for Sunday. In fairness to everyone I think we will need to make a go/no-go decision by Friday evening. The scheduled rain date of the 22nd looks good on the extended forecast.

Sunday's outlook is rather ominous at this time, with rain and potential tornados forecast for that day

The match is on as scheduled; just talked to the range owner and we are going to hold it rain or shine.

We avoided most of the severe weather - we will get rained on a bit this morning so bring your gear. I'm heading out there now so see you guys in a few hours.

David, thanks for a great match and a fun day of shooting. The vendors/sponsors were VERY generous and prize table was impressive.

More importantly I had a chance to meet some great shooters and learn a few of my strengths and shortcomings.

Congrats to the winners, I'm looking forward to the next one!

That was a very fun match David, really appreciate all of the hard work that went into making it all go down smoothly. The prize table was great much more than expected and was a welcome sight. Met some really great folks and saw some great shooting.

Thanks again,
Mike

Thanks to everyone who came out today; without the help of Bach Melick, Bill Hill, Jordan McCoy, Lloyd Hill, Terry Ukrainetz, Mark Torres, Andrew Brady and Wesley Bailey this could not have happened. They can't be thanked enough for their support.

Our top 3 finishers were Lonnie Devine, Wes McBride and Carlton Chapman.

The weather was not bad today; we got a little rain in the morning but for the most part it was a manageable day and we shot under cover for most of it. The match itself got off to a rocky start trying to get all 40 guys shooting their cold-bore and dot-drills together before the first band of rain came in but we quickly got back on track and split up into two squads

<span style="font-weight: bold">Results</span>

results2.JPG

I’m uploading a bunch of pictures, will share them soon.

Great match guys. Huge thanks to those that helped make it happen!
Thanks the numerous sponsors for donating such cool prizes!

This match was an absolute blast! Thanks to all of those who helped put this on. I was very impressed with the quantity and quality of items on the prize table, as always a big thanks to the sponsors!

david thanks for putting on a great match,really enjoyed it.congrats to the winners,thanks to the ro's.thanks to all the sponsers

Awesome match , you guys ran a very smooth and fun match and hope you put on many more. Great ros and shooters and the weathrr turned out better than I expected. Thanks David.

Thanks again David......had a great time and met some new faces! Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to all those that made this a good match. Had alot of fun. Short drive for me. Saw some sick rifles. Hope you guys do this at least once a year.

David,

Thanks to you and all who had a part in making this match successful. This was my first "rifle" match and your crew made it fun and enjoyable.

A lot of help from the more experienced shooters and a great learning experience.

1 for 8 with a borrowed sling, I really learned something on that stage - I SUCKED LOL Will be getting a good positional sling and learn how to use it!!!

Put me down for the next one.

thanks for the feedback. Without Bach and the rest of the crew it would never have happened. We will definitely do it again and make it even better with all that we learned this time around.