• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

North Texas April Rifle Match - Leonard, TX

Re: North Texas April Rifle Match - Leonard, TX

Doubled,
Did yall know this was Easter Sunday when the dates were set? Doesn't matter to me, I'll be there regardless, but just curious. It may be a problem for alot of people with church, dinner, and family.

Im not at all complaining so please don't take it that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doubled,
Did yall know this was Easter Sunday when the dates were set? Doesn't matter to me, I'll be there regardless, but just curious. It may be a problem for alot of people with church, dinner, and family.

Im not at all complaining so please don't take it that way. </div></div>

Easter Sunday falls on April 8, 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doubled,

Im not at all complaining so please don't take it that way. </div></div>

Easter Sunday falls on April 8, 2012.</div></div>

The owner of the Top Gun Private Shooting Club in Leonard, TX, has agreed to let me host a long-range precision rifle tactical match on Sunday, April 8th, with a rain date scheduled for the following Sunday, April 15th.

I could move it to March 18/March 25 but I need to check with everyone that has signed up so far. I don't celebrate easter so I had no idea. I have no issues keeping it on the 8th either but we need validation from those that signed up already that they are indeed aware it is Easter, etc...

So - does anyone have any issues with March 18/25 that has already sighed up for a slot in the match?

Doubled,

It's your shoot....it needs to be when you want it to be. I wasn't tryin to cause a ruckus. The dates are set and I really doubt you'll have a shortage of shooters with the Texas crowd.

The 2 day OPPS Shoot for the Green Match is on March 17&18. Im already paid up and committed to that one so I'd be out on those dates, but if the March dates work better for the majority, don't worry about me.

Would be a huge help to move it with it being the same week as the Brawl and Easter Sunday

More chance I can make it if you move the date. If you decide on a date, I will let you know right away.

April the 15th would be best I think but I can shoot whenever I want as I'm a single guy that just has to ask my dog if its cool if I go shoot for the day.

April 15th is fine with me, but so is April 8th too.

Keep in mind, you won't be able to please everyone.

Ok guys, due to the conflicts with Rifles Only Match and Easter being on the 9th here are the new dates.

Please help us keep the momentum going by getting your registrations in now to secure your spot and to help keep our prize table growing.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">April 15, 2011 with a RAIN DATE April 22, 2011</span></span>

Registration Information

B. Melick and I just finished up with the initial stage desigs and it's going to be a fantastic match. I got a few registrations in already, keep them coming in to ensure you spot is secured.

legend is it cool if I bump a smoke off of you? Glad your coming it should be fun.

Doubled,

With the date change,

I'm IN.

Also put in TXlandman

If you need any of my targets LMK. Also, I can provide stands for each target if you need that.

1 - full IPSC
4 - 66% IPSC
1 - 8" round
1 - 10" round

AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So - does anyone have any issues with March 18/25 that has already sighed up for a slot in the match? </div></div>

I can do the 25th, but not the 18th.

I'll get some paypal headed your way tomorrow.

PayPal sent for Aquatic_Robotic & TXlandman.

Will I get confirmation on registration?

Thanks

AR

I just got my email notification... Thanks, looking forward to it.

Looks good DD, how did you get the aerial shot?

Is there any other way of signing up, besides using PayPal.

From PayPal's Website in the policy section-

"Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

2. relate to transactions involving.......... (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories"
Source: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full

What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve firearms?

Source: https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=T1JJLGzCtBVpxW2MFksBRvrZ3RTTp3M24py2ZjJ3Df0sdgrHhLVv!-1588418?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=&solutionId=38957&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9012

Can I give the money to Terry this friday, instead?

Shooter - The whole text of that subsection is below.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Prohibited Activities

2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.</span>

in no way are we violating that rule by collecting registration fee's for a shooting match. This is not payment for ammo, guns, any gun component or accessory.

If you do not want to pay via paypal, you can send me a check, it just makes it harder on me.

Do not give the money to Terry, I am renting the range from Terry and he is not directly running the event.

Let me know and I can give you a mailing address.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aquatic_Robotic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PayPal sent for Aquatic_Robotic & TXlandman.

Will I get confirmation on registration?

Thanks

AR </div></div>
you should have received it this morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jordan @ NTO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good DD, how did you get the aerial shot? </div></div>

Went up a few weeks ago to take some pictures from my buddies cessna.

PM me your address, please. If you want I can meet you and give you cash too.

I am not saying that there are any violations of PayPal's policies. However, I have a problem supporting them when they won't support our community, that's all.

I just got off the phone with PayPal customer service and the collection of registration fees for this event is not in violation of the PayPal terms of use.

Please use paypal when at all possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM me your address, please. If you want I can meet you and give you cash too.

I am not saying that there are any violations of PayPal's policies. However, I have a problem supporting them when they won't support our community, that's all. </div></div>

PM coming.

If you want to use PP, then I would highly suggest not mentioning *<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">anything at all</span></span>* related to shooting or firearms anywhere in the transaction; you could simply refer to it as NTARM (North Texas April Rifle Match) without alerting/alarming the PP watchdogs and risk losing your PP acount and having them seize and freeze your funds, as has happened before to many others...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to use PP, then I would highly suggest not mentioning *<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">anything at all</span></span>* related to shooting or firearms anywhere in the transaction; you could simply refer to it as NTARM (North Texas April Rifle Match) without alerting/alarming the PP watchdogs and risk losing your PP acount and having them seize and freeze your funds, as has happened before to many others... </div></div>

shouldn't be an issue after my call with them this morning but using NTARM is a great idea too - i will update the registration document.

I will also anneal and trim up to 125 cases for every paid/registered shooter. All you need to do is get them to me.

I live in Frisco off Teel and Eldorado and work off the Tollway and 635 as a reference for convenient places to meet.

I will use a Giraud Annealer and a Giraud Trimmer (limited to 6.5, 308, 338, .223) set to your specifications.

I just sent my payment in...

got you down - you should have your confirmation in hand.

I'm still in too! Think it might change again or is this April 15th date pretty secure?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still in too! Think it might change again or is this April 15th date pretty secure? </div></div>

April 15, 2011 with a RAIN DATE April 22, 2011 is final.

Ok cool, I'm going to drop some vacation slips tonight at work

excellent - looking forward to having you at the match

I've have received several questions asking if it is ok to be a beginner.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Absolutely</span> This is a great chance for everyone to come out and have a fun day of shooting.

To break the ice a little for other beginners, this will be my first match as I have never competed. Some beginners might be a little shy because they don't want to get stomped on by the pros but don't worry about that. I'm not looking to do well, I just want to have some fun and meet some new people.

There are 10 slots left, if you are new sign up. You are not alone.

Registration and payment sent. Looking forward to it.

Damnyuppie, Shooter McGavin and C3 all confirmed and registered today.

Payments is sent and work signed off on my vacation! See you there guys!