• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northern Utah PCPR March 31st RESULTS UP

Re: Northern Utah PCPR March 31st

Hey Snag, Take me off the list please.
I dont know when my new die will be here so its still unsure if I'll be ready to shoot saturday. Give my spot to someone who will shoot for sure. I'll still be there though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: truth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to come out and watch. Maybe shoot some pics if I really motivate. </div></div>
Come on out. Pictures would be great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have an opening let me know. </div></div>

Looks like Rocca is giving up his spot so if you want it you can have it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Snag, Take me off the list please.
I dont know when my new die will be here so its still unsure if I'll be ready to shoot saturday. Give my spot to someone who will shoot for sure. I'll still be there though.</div></div>

Thanks Rocca, and thanks for your help.

Nuts. Wish I had seen this thread sooner. Already made plans for that day anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. Well have fun guys, maybe I'll see you for the next one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krayons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you host an arfcom event a few years back?</div></div>
Hahah Yea the old brush fire event! The range has seen alot of upgrade since that gathering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snag, the weather report has me nervous. Your thoughts?</div></div>

Haha I was kinda thinking you need to sack up!

I will be there regardless. Should be some good wind training.

Looks like a full shooting line... can I bring a mattress to luxuriate on while I wait my turn to shoot?

Look out PCPR!!
BC2C3BDF.jpg

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 20pt">Comin atcha!!!</span></span>

Cold bore that is a sexy couple! Cant wait to see them perform.

Fud, I dont think you will have much time to snooze. here is how it will likely go tomorrow. Since I didnt print out a COF ill give you a peek at the days events.

1 Cold bore @580yards. 4 shots
2 Paper target @100 10 shots smiley faces blue10 pts red -10 pts
3 Crazysteel 10 shots from 300-645.
4 Barricade @200 paper. Shot while you are waiting your turn at crazy steel.
5 KYL 200&300
6 100 yard paper identification target
7 Colored race. Straight from the TPRC. This is the stage I won my entrance fee back on!! fastest time with most hits will win something or cash! Be prepared to boogie.
8 Dog house @400 shot while waiting your turn at the colored race.

Oh and if you want to get in a side pot bring an extra $5. winnings will be payed to the top shooters who pay in.

Thanks again Eric for the good time, I had a great time with everybody. Very smooth run match, I like the new format
wink.gif

thanks for painting that chip purple, even though it didn't do me any good.

Thank you all for a great day. I don't think things could have gone any better..what a great bunch of shooters. Not sure what the wind meters were reading out there but the wind burn on my face says it was more than normal!

Thanks to Yotedog65284 for the generous hand made coyote call donation. I can tell alot of hard work goes into those calls they are absolutley beautiful.

If any one has any sugestions for stages next month feel free to let me know what you are thinking. I want to keep it challenging..there hasnt been a perfect score posted yet....althought Robert has come damn close a time or two!!

SCORES
2012-03-31_19-22-52_744.jpg

Re: Northern Utah PCPR March 31st RESULTS UP

AWESOME!!!!. Cant wait till next one. Good pics Jeff. The match went quick, it was a good idea shooting 2 stations at a time.

Eric,

I NEVER do well at your shoots. That's good! I learn from my mistakes. Keep up those tough COF's.

Alan

Thanks Eric I really like the think then shoot stuff. Yesterday was the first Saturday off I have had sense October it was good to get out and recharge the batteries. Maybe next month have something we have to shoot off of shooting sticks, I'm sure we will have to shoot from them at the cup.

I enjoyed the match. It was much more fast paced than I am used to. I learned a lot from the many mistakes that I made.

Eric - Thanks for putting this on. I look forward to attending more of your matches this year.

Here are the few Pics I took before puttting the camera away. I have the email of the gentalman their that was taking pics all day so I'll get those from him and post them when I get them.

PCPRMarch2012b.jpg

PCPRMarch2012c.jpg

PCPRMarch2012e.jpg

PCPRMarch2012d.jpg

PCPRMarch2012a.jpg

Thanks for running the match again Eric. That was challenging, especially when the winds got up to 40mph. I liked the Color Race and Crazy Steel a lot.

Did you dial any windage, use reticle holds only, or a combo. After the match, I checked my dope on the 645yd steel plates, and elevation was dead on, but I needed 1.5 Mils of right hold to connect center, and the wind wasn't even full value.

At that elevation, my 1000yd dope for windage at 10mph full is 1.6 Mils.

Looks like you guys are having some great matches up there. Great job Eric.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRRPF52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Did you dial any windage, use reticle holds only, or a combo. After the match, I checked my dope on the 645yd steel plates, and elevation was dead on, but I needed 1.5 Mils of right hold to connect center, and the wind wasn't even full value.

At that elevation, my 1000yd dope for windage at 10mph full is 1.6 Mils.</div></div>

I personally dial elevation most of the time and hold for wind. The only stage I had to do anything for wind was the cold bore shots. It seemed the rest of the day the wind was right in my face and had little or no effect on the bullet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you guys are having some great matches up there. Great job Eric.</div></div>

Thanks Kurt, I hold you personally responsible for this addiction! It was your match 3 years ago that got me hooked. Hope I can make it down to shoot with you guys real soon.

I also enjoyed the color race, dog house and barricade paper.. although I prefer all the steel stages... I wouldn't be hurt if they dropped paper all together (or at least steel challenge for a few matches) The steel stages are THAT GOOD and Eric and Leo run the shoots fast and efficient! Running two steel stages at a time worked well I think and Rodney did a great job keeping us rolling through the Dog-house steel and barricade paper stages.

Regarding wind... first thing in the morning for the cold bore I held about .7 to 1 mil (didn't dial). On the crazy steel I did all hold overs (no dial for elevation and held edge of steel for the wind). Saturday was my big experiment for finally having reticle and turrets match as well as full conversion from MOA to MILs. I'm loving the Nightforce F1 although 15X sucked for that target ID stage. Couldn't see jack at 100yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRRPF52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for running the match again Eric. That was challenging, especially when the winds got up to 40mph. I liked the Color Race and Crazy Steel a lot.

At that elevation, my 1000yd dope for windage at 10mph full is 1.6 Mils. </div></div>

Even @ 22x I could only see a smile or a frown; nothing else.

Alan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FUDwacked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... I'm loving the Nightforce F1 although 15X sucked for that target ID stage. Couldn't see jack at 100yards. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5x47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even @ 22x I could only see a smile or a frown; nothing else.

Alan </div></div>

Hey thats what you get for running NF scopes. You need a Vortex to see more than just a smile or a frown....
smile.gif
frown.gif

Thanks for the pics Dave. I saw the other post with a wierd subject line and started reading... what the??? no more matches until June 19th??? no the 26th now?? Hold it why is Leo posting he wasnt even there. Somethings not right.... This doesnt sound like the last match.... then I noticed it was a match from 2010 that you posted on.
smile.gif