• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Nosler custom brass

nhassey48

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
Arizona
I was interested in trying out nosler custom brass and I wanted to here from you guys how it is. It is as consistant as they say it is? How is the case life?

Re: Nosler custom brass

It is very consistent. I have used it several times for reloading my 308 and I have found they are well made; however, if given a chance I will get Lapua brass every time. Lapua just seems to be a step above every other brass company when it comes to consistency and finish. Just my 2 cents. I wouldn't hesitate to get Nosler if Lapua was out of stock.

For the price they seem decent and I read on the box today at a local Cabelas that they seperate for weight, length and are deburred.

Biggest issues is it's soft and expensive. It won't take much abuse certainly nothing like Lapua brass will and it costs more. It does take less prep than say Rem. or Win. brass but it's no better than Lapua on prep from the box and not even close when compared to toughness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Nosler custom brass is good and ready to load.</div></div>

+1. I use it for my 300WM, and they are very good brass. They are not cheap, but worth the money if you can reload them numerous times.

worked well in .223. Fairly consistent. Only issue is was shorter that the 1.750 minimum consistently. THey were fairly consistent in the length but it is almost like they trimmed them to get them within the .5 g variance they offer. They do shoot better then RP, Win, or LC 09 (my definite third choice with Lapua being 1st). With the LC09 you can sort and prep and it shoots very well and is stout brass that will hold up to a lot of firings and heavy loads. I am very fond of it. Just have to prep it but you can by more and end up with good numbers of similarly sorted brass. Lapua is about the same price as Nosler though and you can have it in two days from graf's or midsouth (can't remember which I ordered from). Hope this helps.

good second choice when Lapua is not available...If you like your loads hot it will loosen the primer pocket earlier than Lapua but if you keep to sane loads its sweet....as said above , ready to load
smile.gif

I love the Nosler Brass.

It is Way better than any RP or WIn. You dont have to worry about flash holes being off center. And I have not had any issues with it at all.

I have used Nosler Brass in 4 calibers (22/250 AI, 7/08 AI, 280 AI, and 7mm Rem Mag). No Issues at all.