• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler Unveils New 6mm 115gr Bullet

So far my build just a Savage Model 12 28 inch Criterion bull barrel 7 twist loves Berger vld 115 and Nosler 115 rdf and 115 dtac. During testing the vlds impacted 1 and 1/2 inch to the right and the rdf 1 inch to the right. Just at 100 yards so far. Did not chronograph because cloudy conditions. Should be around 2950 muzzle velocity Hornady brass h4350 CCI benchrest primers 20 tho jump. 3/8 to 1/4" 4 shot group . I shoot one shot to settle the bag. My bag is pretty much crap I use playground sand I need to get some good stuff and learn how to settle the bag. I've seen benchrest guys hit their stock a few times with they're fist. I still think I would still shoot a couple on it to really get the bag settled I use the Harris bipod and rear protector bag just thought I'd throw that out there

What freebore is everyone running in their 6 creedmoor for 115 rdf’s?

Last edited:
Any random fliers with the 115s? Are you sorting bullets at all? And do you these like a big jump like the 105s?
I have only shot them in the factory prime ammo, and they shoot great in that offering. I think they are jumping thirty thou + with my .135 freebore. I can measure exactly if you would like.

I have only shot them in the factory prime ammo, and they shoot great in that offering. I think they are jumping thirty thou + with my .135 freebore. I can measure exactly if you would like.

Nah all good thanks mate, no need to go to that trouble - just curious to see if they're more consistent than the 105s...I've got them to shoot but it's taken quite a bit of work.

Reactions: mustang-cars

I would like to know how far you are jumping with that .135 freebore ?
I think my freebore is .183 I like how the projectile goes in the brass where the boat tail starts it is perfectly even in the case where the shoulder just starts to taper yours ,seems like your boat tail surface would be deeper into the case that could be why you are getting such good velocity or they use a powder that we don't know of reloader 22 or your Bartline is a tight bore? But i am a noob .

I shot a three shot group that measured exactly 1/2 inch outer to Outer yesterday with 115 grain dtac at 200 yards 39.5 grains h4350 Hornady brass br primers o.a.l 2.799 muzzle velocity 2950 +/-

Oops this is about Nosler sorry just thought I would report can't decide which ones to use dtacs or Nosler rdf I'm sure either one will work ;)

I would like to know how far you are jumping with that .135 freebore ?
I think my freebore is .183 I like how the projectile goes in the brass where the boat tail starts it is perfectly even in the case where the shoulder just starts to taper yours ,seems like your boat tail surface would be deeper into the case that could be why you are getting such good velocity or they use a powder that we don't know of reloader 22 or your Bartline is a tight bore? But i am a noob .

I shot a three shot group that measured exactly 1/2 inch outer to Outer yesterday with 115 grain dtac at 200 yards 39.5 grains h4350 Hornady brass br primers o.a.l 2.799 muzzle velocity 2950 +/-

Oops this is about Nosler sorry just thought I would report can't decide which ones to use dtacs or Nosler rdf I'm sure either one will work ;)
I love the dtacs as well, they shoot great out of my current barrel. I am jumping them 20 thou.