• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not allowed on the Hide?

chuff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
SW Colorado
I've had a post or two edited recently, so I'm just wondering about the policy of language on the hide. I was under the impression that swearing was okay here. Has that changed or is that not the case? I just want to make sure I have the policy straight. I hate to be a rule breaker.

Re: Not allowed on the Hide?

Feel free to PM me your posts and I'll proof read them for content.

You've been Victored, that's all. From now on when using the F-word, replace it with victor. We'll all know your intention but it wont offend anyone.

For reference:

F**K= victor
F**KED = victored
F**KING= victoring

It's just that simple.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so victor = obama?

As in we are so obama'ed?</div></div>

STVU. I wouldn't insult Victor that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so victor = obama?

As in we are so obama'ed?</div></div>

STVU. I wouldn't insult Victor that way. </div></div>

STVU = funny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......victoring A! dittybag! </div></div>

You guys are all Fra<span style="text-decoration: line-through">n</span>ked up.

to spoof Akbar

<span style="font-size: 26pt"> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">ITS A TRAP!</span>
victor_trap.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STVU. I wouldn't insult Victor that way. </div></div>

LOL Now THAT's funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've been Victored, that's all. From now on when using the F-word, replace it with victor. We'll all know your intention but it wont offend anyone.

For reference:

F**K= victor
F**KED = victored
F**KING= victoring

It's just that simple.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Fuck that! Victor is a dang good guy and he has what a lot of people are missing; good old fashioned American Values. Besides, I wouldn't even denegrate the value of such an historic word by replacing it with 'Lowlight' either. The word itself has been so much misaligned by so many with so little heart and not much sac.
This historic word 'Fuck' thjat we all love and hold so dearly has so many different meanings and uses. It holds a special place with so many who serve and use it reverently when speaking with their best friends, referencing their enemies, or speaking ill of their conquests back home. Why to be true, I was just using it earlier today when I found someone didn't do their job at work. I of course added a mother in front, and an 'er' at the end. Such a great word with so many uses should be allowed to be free, allowed to thrive in all it's glory!
Surely you have all at one time or another let go with a loud, proud,"FUUUUCK!" when something didn't go your way, someone screwed you over, your girl ditched you for a real fucker, you know the deal. I vote for freeing fuck for general use and no censorship as we a;; do most vocally support a Second Ammendment so we should support a First as diligently!

I think it's an acronym meaning <span style="text-decoration: underline">F</span>or <span style="text-decoration: underline">U</span>nfettered <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>aptain <span style="text-decoration: underline">K</span>ickassing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Some of you may, or may not have noticed Sniper's Hide doesn't censor words like Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits. All seven are here, no asterisks to be seen for miles. My thinking is, we are supposed to be adults and in many cases adults like to add color to their commentary to emphasize their particular point. I understand, in a civil society we are supposed to communicate our thoughts without the addition of color, but in practice I personally tend to hear color every where I go, so it doesn't surprise me or give me pause to see it written. I figure this isn't high school where they tell you that you're an adult then continue to micromanage your life." <span style="color: #FF6666">Lowlight, Snipers Hide, 5-10-07</span> </div></div>

How have you been Mike? Haven't seen you around here as much as you used to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad Arnett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How have you been Mike? Haven't seen you around here as much as you used to be. </div></div>

OK, Brad. You?. Still trying to get my walking and right arm to work properly after the local hospital paralyzed me. Other than that, I just read more and post less is all.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've been to fucking. it's a fucking nice little town. </div></div>

Do they speak Austrian there like the President believes?

I think we'd be far more confused if Victor et al were to make the sweeping indictment that our forums harbor far too little profanity. Let's get a grip here.

As my Old Man used to say, "Profanity is the final refuge of the illiterate".

If you can't get it said without profanity, maybe it's not so worthy of saying, at least not here. We all get this one wrong from time to time, but that machts nix...

Greg