• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not Getting Emails

as of last night at 10:00pm EST i still wasn't getting any emails letting me know i was getting PMs and post comments. I was having a PM convo with a member and no email notifications

as of last night at 10:00pm EST i still wasn't getting any emails letting me know i was getting PMs and post comments. I was having a PM convo with a member and no email notifications
Ditto. Should've gotten three email notifications by this morning, two for one of my threads and one for the responses on this, and nada. I mean, I'm not complaining that my inbox isn't getting a flood of notifications but it's nice to get the emails anyway.

Ditto. Should've gotten three email notifications by this morning, two for one of my threads and one for the responses on this, and nada. I mean, I'm not complaining that my inbox isn't getting a flood of notifications but it's nice to get the emails anyway.

i feel you.

it did cause a tiny problem with me and a guy i was doing a sale with. he wasn't getting my PM notifications all week last week to the point i was getting frustrated with the lack of communication on a $3k+ transaction and almost pulled the plug on it. finally i thought to comment on one of his threads and he saw it and got back to me.

so hopefully it's restored for everyone soon!

i feel you.

it did cause a tiny problem with me and a guy i was doing a sale with. he wasn't getting my PM notifications all week last week to the point i was getting frustrated with the lack of communication on a $3k+ transaction and almost pulled the plug on it. finally i thought to comment on one of his threads and he saw it and got back to me.

so hopefully it's restored for everyone soon!
Damn. I'm just looking around for some stuff before I start working on a build, still in the planning stage, so I don't think I need to worry about that, but I'm glad you got yours settled out. I'd be frustrated as hell if it was just a $1k~ transaction, let alone $3k+!

for years (at least for me) emails are sketchy at best
i also havent had my signature pop up since about 2012
changed it a few times and such still no luck (old hide..mid hide...back to old hide)
im here for the fun, if i had a business id be pissed

for years (at least for me) emails are sketchy at best
i also havent had my signature pop up since about 2012
changed it a few times and such still no luck (old hide..mid hide...back to old hide)
im here for the fun, if i had a business id be pissed
Modern technology's a wondrous thing, ain't it? ?

Below is a response from an admin when I reported the issue this morning:

"Can’t help you things change all the time usually it’s an ISP thing

We will look but we changed nothing on our end that would effect it "

I hope they find something for us.

A lot of ISP block the email it's not our system as much as yours

We cannot fix individual issues like this

Hotmail for sure blocks us, if you are using Hotmail that is your problem

Google changed something last week, I stopped getting Gmail in Outlook on my system, it's still there but OUtlook stopped accessing it.

If you are not getting the emails, odds are it's on your side more than mine.

I believe it's on Googles end

Understand too, you guys will bitch and complain about getting emails from the site and report us, that puts us on Spam lists and ISPs will block us too because members will report you for "emailing too much"

I had an email last week, "Take me off your email list" because they were getting notifications to threads they responded too. They complain to their ISP and we get blocked.

But my Google account stopped working on my computer in Outlook so I am sure Google Changed something and it usually just takes a bit of time to filter down.

I cannot fix individual accounts, the site is either sending out the notices or it is not,

A lot of ISP block the email it's not our system as much as yours

We cannot fix individual issues like this

Hotmail for sure blocks us, if you are using Hotmail that is your problem

Google changed something last week, I stopped getting Gmail in Outlook on my system, it's still there but OUtlook stopped accessing it.

If you are not getting the emails, odds are it's on your side more than mine.

I believe it's on Googles end

Understand too, you guys will bitch and complain about getting emails from the site and report us, that puts us on Spam lists and ISPs will block us too because members will report you for "emailing too much"

I had an email last week, "Take me off your email list" because they were getting notifications to threads they responded too. They complain to their ISP and we get blocked.

But my Google account stopped working on my computer in Outlook so I am sure Google Changed something and it usually just takes a bit of time to filter down.

I cannot fix individual accounts, the site is either sending out the notices or it is not,
Thank you for the follow up. It's good to know it's not an issue with the Hide and we can direct our focus towards our email provider.

Lowlight, our intent isn't to complain but rather to troubleshoot this problem through process of elimination. We appreciate your guidance in the matter and quick response time.

I went into the server,

The new upgrade changed the PHP Version, we are running 7.0 and it is asking us to change it to 7.2, so it disabled the notifications until then.

So I have asked the server guys to update the PHP, it has a bearing on this, so once they update it, that will fix the problem for many

Reactions: km77 and brusky
Hmm, strange. I use a hotmail via outlook and I got dozens of notifications prior to the maintenance. Ah well, maybe it'll all get sorted out eventually.

If you are not getting them now, odds are you will not

We repaired this issue last week, we updated the PHP and enabled the system to send out emails under the new build.

So if you are not getting any it's on you and your ISP we are back up running

I can make sure the server guys are good on their end, but odds are, it is... as I have been getting notifications again.

I received an allow push notification request from the Hide yesterday, accepted it and now notifications are displaying via Windows 10/Microsoft Edge home screen notifications.

Last edited:
I changed my email address away from gmail. Hopefully that fixes it.
I tried that and it didn't work either. I got the notification email from [email protected] that my email address had changed, but I still can not get email notifications for watched threads, new threads, etc. Something is clearly not working as it should related to the forum and it has nothing to do with my ISP. The only thing left to do is create a brand new account with a different email address and loose the association and post count of our current account. I'll post how that turns out for me.

check your notifications in your profile,

part of the problem is guys will report the site for getting emails and that throws up roadblocks

but the notification system is working

I got all the email swapping emails from [email protected] immediately in all cases in all email accounts. The email notifications for watched stuff have all come from the same address. I haven’t dug into the headers to see what might be different between the two.

Also, I didn’t post this thread to bitch at all. I can live without the emails. Just wanted to let you guys know something changed and see if others had the same issues. Thanks for your replies Frank. It’s nice that you’ve taken some time to look into it and address what you can. It isn’t unappreciated.

I typed a comment but after looking closer at something, it isn't relevant to this problem like I thought it might be.

Well...I switched email providers earlier today and I haven't received a single notification from a watched forum or thread. All the emails to confirm email, and admin approval were received, just no watch notifications. My profile settings are correct to allow for email notifications.

Still not getting notification emails either. Not using Gmail, hotmail or any of those. I use my ISP's email account here. Have checked my profile and it is correct. Also, nothing is showing up in my junk mail.

It would seem that there are a bunch of ISPs out there that one day, all of a sudden decided to not allow email notifications from this forum. This also coincided with an upgrade to the forum software. Now I'm not one for all this science stuff, but if I were to bet, I'd wager that the simplest answer is probably the most likely. Either a bunch of ISPs did something on exactly the same day for just this forum or there's something is wrong with that upgrade that took place.

Reactions: shoot4fun
I am not getting notifications on my att.net account.. it started a few weeks ago.. one or 2 of them showed up in my spam folder i asked to removed from spam.. now they dont show up all together

Been a few weeks and no emails received here either. Hopefully a fix soon. Glad the admins are looking into it.

I am now receiving hundreds of emails ,dating back weeks, at once. What is going on?

Edit: I'm going to assume it's a backlog either being released by my email service or the forum is bugging out.

Yeah it's working :) Holy hell my alert has been dinging for almost 5 minutes haha!!!

Glad it's working again!

Screenshot_20190822-141111_Gmail.jpg