• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not Happy With Midway

HOGGHEAD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Rivesville, WV
I buy and have bought alot of stuff from Midway. Every year they bring out the birthday Special to customers. I wanted to buy a new LNL press. I put in my birthday code and they priced the press to me for $313. I thought that was a heck of a deal. So I exited the web site and put my order together. When I went back in to order the price went from $313 to over $380. So I called Midway to ask why. They had no answer.

The guy on the phone even verified that I was not making up the $313 price. But my new Birthday price was over $380. Sorry Midway but I am done with you!! I asked the guy to honor the price that was just on my Birthday pricing, and he said no. I think they should have honored the price!! Am I wrong??

The fellow on the phone was not rude in any way. And he listened to whatI had to say. And he even agreed about the $313 price that was there. But it was just my bad luck that I went back to order the next day. Tom.

Re: Not Happy With Midway

So, you priced it on your birthday and then ordered it on a day that WASN'T your birthday and you expected them to honor the price? (That is what I got from reading the thread).

Josh

Midway gives "dealer" pricing ON your birthday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you priced it on your birthday and then ordered it on a day that WASN'T your birthday and you expected them to honor the price? (That is what I got from reading the thread).

Josh </div></div>

That's what I got from his post as well... Either way I'm a super-loyal MidwayUSA customer, they have always done me right and then some!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you priced it on your birthday and then ordered it on a day that WASN'T your birthday and you expected them to honor the price? (That is what I got from reading the thread).

Josh </div></div>

Absolutely not.

Midway sends the pricing code to you about 2 weeks or so before your birthday. And you have to use the code before your birthday occurs. And you can only use it one time. My birthday is not until Oct. 11 so I have up until then to use the code. But I can only use it once. So rather than just buying the press and nothing else I wanted to finalize my list with other purchases. Then I went back in with my birthday code and the second time in, that is when the price on the press changed.

Someone else recommended sending Mr. Potterfield himself an E-Mail. So I Went to their home page and found his address. I then sent him a personal message asking him to honor the price that was on my birthday Special Pricing. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. So now I will wait on his reply. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagle1899</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway gives "dealer" pricing ON your birthday. </div></div>

That is not correct. The code is sent about 2 weeks before your birthday and you are allowed to use it one time up to and including your actual birthday. But it DOES Not have to be used on your actual birthday. But it is void the day after your actual birthday. Tom.

Sounds like you can only enter the code once then it cancels out? Midway should have honored it over the phone.

Looks like lesson learned on timing... Midway should give me a plaque or something for the amount of shit i get from them. I always wait for a code though... Excapt this last time, had a $300+ order and a $10 off code i got from long range hunter, I orderd it and 2 days later... I get the $30 off $300 email... Its all about the timing...

I don't have a problem with Midway, never have, but its UPS that Pissed me off.

I live in the country, 10 miles from town and one mile from the highway and my mail box.

UPS delivers to the house, the post office puts a yellow slip telling me I got to go to town to get my package.

I pay a bit extra for UPS, figured its cheaper then the gas drive 10 miles each way.

Now UPS got a contract with the PO, and drop my package off there. I don't get the yellow slip until the next day, and still have to drive to town.

OK, I can understand that, companies got to cut cost where they can. But what grips me, is to see the UPS truck drive by my house to get to the neighbors up the canyon, and then the next day I find my package has been left at the post office.

You can enter it more than once as long as you don't complete the order. I logged in several times this year checking different items with my birthday price. I ordered a TB stubby grip w/my discount on my b'day (6/04). Got an email the next day saying it was back ordered. No big deal, I've got to wait for a Form 4 anyway so I let the order sit. My grip showed up yesterday... Apparently TD is having trouble keeping up with demand. It wasn't Midway's fault but four months was longer than I was expecting. Hell, I'm still waiting on my Form 4.

Been over 24 hours since I e-mailed them with my complaint. So far no response from Midway!! Tom.

These days I rarely order from Midway. Two weeks ago I was looking for a LaRue mount. Checked Larue's site and got the model number and MSRP ($119). Jumped over to Midway and got a price of $182. Sent an email to CS and got an answer of "Sorry. Thanks for your business." Apparently not a mistake since it's still listed at $182 two weeks later.

This is not the first time I've found such discrepancies.

I don't expect them to have the lowest price on every item, but a $63 spread is ridiculous.

The one thing I like about Midway is that you get a choice with shipping. Several times I have ordered small items and its nice to only pay $4 or $5 for shipping.

last week I went to midway to get an order togher. some cci primers 32.00 a bultet case for the the rifle stock 5.00 needed some thing else for the 10.00 off deal so i looked up another idem but i dont recall what it was. midway wanted to charge me a 25.00 hazmat fee for the 32.00 in primers so i didnt order it. Next day i get an email from there cs department. Sir you didnt continue with your order, is there a problem? so i send them back an email saying yes. I dont thank i want to spend 25.00 more for 32.00 in primers. Next day i get email back sorry we cant help you.

WTF

Been 4 days sinceI E-Mailed Mr. PotterField. No response from him yet. I guess I know where I stand??

Actually pretty funny. I have receive two more E-Mails on promotins, andI even received a Happy Birthday message from them today. But nothing on the problem I had. Pretty funny. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">last week I went to midway to get an order togher. some cci primers 32.00 a bultet case for the the rifle stock 5.00 needed some thing else for the 10.00 off deal so i looked up another idem but i dont recall what it was. midway wanted to charge me a 25.00 hazmat fee for the 32.00 in primers so i didnt order it. Next day i get an email from there cs department. Sir you didnt continue with your order, is there a problem? so i send them back an email saying yes. I dont thank i want to spend 25.00 more for 32.00 in primers. Next day i get email back sorry we cant help you.

WTF </div></div>

Definitely NOT trying to be a dick here but no matter where you order from, catalog, internet, etc etc, if you order primers or powder they require the hazmat shipping charges. I have never found anywhere that doesn't pass that along. What did you expect them to say? They really couldn't help you and moved along to the next customer issue. I guess I just don't see the fault in this?

i have no complaints with midway . every company makes mistakes , and they all charge hazmat fees on hazardous materiels .

yeah , they should have honored the price -

take your business elsewhere

two years ago, i spent $4000 in one year with them
the year before that it was about $5200,

last year i spent , $0
this year i spent , $0

over a similar issue as yours, and them being so big that they didn't care to service the customer, i quit spending my money with them

they have not called me, sent me an email asking where i am , NOTHING , with todays automation there is just no excuse
for that

i spend my money at brownells, powder valley, and when i can LOCALLY

I've not had any real problems with them, except for a couple of things on perpetual back order. I would think they could keep on their suppliers better than that, but whatever.

What frustrates me is that they keep altering the "expected in-stock" date but have not emailed me to let me know that my crap isn't coming. Been chasing them around for 2 months.

It won't stop me from doing business with them, but I will think twice about backorders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have a problem with Midway, never have, but its UPS that Pissed me off.

I live in the country, 10 miles from town and one mile from the highway and my mail box.

UPS delivers to the house, the post office puts a yellow slip telling me I got to go to town to get my package.

I pay a bit extra for UPS, figured its cheaper then the gas drive 10 miles each way.

Now UPS got a contract with the PO, and drop my package off there. I don't get the yellow slip until the next day, and still have to drive to town.

OK, I can understand that, companies got to cut cost where they can. But what grips me, is to see the UPS truck drive by my house to get to the neighbors up the canyon, and then the next day I find my package has been left at the post office.

</div></div>

Choose UPS Ground instead of UPS Basic. UPS Basic is delivered by USPS.

I've never had a bad experience with MidwayUSA... In fact, I've had such good service from them that I don't shop around anymore at all.

I've had a few opportunities to contact their customer service department in the past, and they've always made the minor issues I've experienced right.

I will look at the midway site but usually end up ordering from graf's, sinclair, brownells, or 3GSS. Graf's and 3GSS give me a bit of a cut and brownells gives me a nice cut. Sinclair cuts based on qnty so I like that. Midway usually no cut at all and most of the time I can order stuff from 2 places and pay less shipping then ordering from midway.

The HazMat fee is just another BS fee charged by UPS and I guess FedEx to bilk more $$ out of the customer. I remember when they instituted the HazMat fee, I think it was around 1990, I don't think they'd ever had a problem with primers/powder, they just wanted an excuse to charge more. Same with the UPS policy of requiring handgun to go next day, they had a problem with employee theft of handguns, so they decided to f*ck the customer.

it was my first time buying reloading supplies over the net or phone. I usualy get them at the local hunting supply store.