• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Not happy with Pulsar Customer Service

240nmc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2013
North Carolina
I have what is a really simple issue with a failed APS battery charger that decided to quit charging my batteries. The batteries are good because they charge just fine in the monocular. I tested voltage at the charger with three different known good USB cables and no voltage. Sent an email to Pulsar asking about where to send it for the three year warranty service and got a message saying they are evaluating my request. Not sure I want to send my charger to Lithuania and figured they had a US location. Sent another email to their Yukon Advanced Outdoor Optics email with receipt, photo, and description of my testing thinking maybe they’ll just send a replacement. No communication back from them. It’s a $50 item and nothing. I’ll probably buy another one because I use the monocular a bunch and like having batteries charging in the truck and not tie up the unit.

I just sold off the scope I had and will not be buying anything from them. Three times I’ve emailed them, they have no phone number on the pulsar site so IMO, they suck at customer service.

FWIW….

We don't sell Pulsar.

But you may want to contact who you bought it from.

The dealer you bought it from should be able to assist you.

BTW, how long has it been since you did not get a reply? I don't understand companies that hide their phone numbers, it's bad business IMO.

I have what is a really simple issue with a failed APS battery charger that decided to quit charging my batteries. The batteries are good because they charge just fine in the monocular. I tested voltage at the charger with three different known good USB cables and no voltage. Sent an email to Pulsar asking about where to send it for the three year warranty service and got a message saying they are evaluating my request. Not sure I want to send my charger to Lithuania and figured they had a US location. Sent another email to their Yukon Advanced Outdoor Optics email with receipt, photo, and description of my testing thinking maybe they’ll just send a replacement. No communication back from them. It’s a $50 item and nothing. I’ll probably buy another one because I use the monocular a bunch and like having batteries charging in the truck and not tie up the unit.

I just sold off the scope I had and will not be buying anything from them. Three times I’ve emailed them, they have no phone number on the pulsar site so IMO, they suck at customer service.

FWIW….
Don't know if you bought it from us or not, however, it's our pleasure, as a supporting vendor here, to assist you with this issue. Please send me your name, address, phone # and details in a PM and then call me. I will get things happening with Pulsar for you

Make sure you call the Sellmark corporation # in Mansfield TX. They are the importer and take care of issues.

Your experience is the exact opposite of mine. There are 2 Pulsar websites that look nearly identical and I wonder if you called the wrong place.

Let me get this straight, Because a $50 battery charger shit the bed and you didn't get a response back from Pulsar because you probably sent your contact info to the wrong contact, You sold your scope, won't buy anything Pulsar anymore and publically post negative crap about them ?
I typed Pulsar USA warranty in the google search and got this info in about 20 seconds.
Pulsar USA warranty
Every manufacturer has their issues, but I've never had any issue in getting in touch with Pulsar for the rare occasion that I needed their support.

Reactions: diggler1833
Let me get this straight, Because a $50 battery charger shit the bed and you didn't get a response back from Pulsar because you probably sent your contact info to the wrong contact, You sold your scope, won't buy anything Pulsar anymore and publically post negative crap about them ?
I typed Pulsar USA warranty in the google search and got this info in about 20 seconds.
Pulsar USA warranty
Every manufacturer has their issues, but I've never had any issue in getting in touch with Pulsar for the rare occasion that I needed their support.

Try that number. I have many, many times over the years and got no help. $50 charger or $5,000 scope you'll get no assistance IME. At least they are consistent. The best thing we can do to help each other is post positive and negative customer service experience IMO. I'd never tell anyone I liked to buy Pulsar. YMMV but I doubt it.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Again, Don't know if you bought it from us or not, however, it's our pleasure, as a supporting vendor here, to assist you with this issue. Please send me your name, address, phone # and details in a PM and then call me. I will get things happening with Pulsar for you

I called pulsar on the phone, (don’t recall having an issue finding a phone number) and I told them that I dropped my scanner on the concrete and broke the germanium lens. They offered to fix it, or upgrade me to the newest model with LRF for $200. Of the 5 different pulsar warranty dealings that I am a aware of, not one person had a negative experience. You get what you give! YMMV.

Last edited:
I never could get in contact either a couple years back when I had a power/av cable go bad. Found one on eBay and got myself back in business after a couple months of silence.

I like my apex but I probably wouldn’t buy another pulsar either. Then again camerlandny changes my mind in that calculus a fair amount because they are great guys who stand behind what they sell regardless but that’s because of them, not pulsar.

We don't sell Pulsar.

But you may want to contact who you bought it from.

The dealer you bought it from should be able to assist you.

BTW, how long has it been since you did not get a reply? I don't understand companies that hide their phone numbers, it's bad business IMO.
Sorry away from the net for a few days. It’s been three weeks since first contact and still no replies to my emails. I will call Outdoor Legacy and discuss with them. I would have thought Pulsar for all their marketing, would be a little more responsive.

Pulsar USA warranty
I didn’t sell off the scope because the $50 battery charger shit the bed…. I sold it off because I went up to a Trijicon REAP-IR 60MM. I kept the monocular and absolutely love it for the type of spotting I do and it‘s great for it’s price point. Maybe I can’t read but Pulsar’s website didn’t have any info on US Warranty service other than their email which got a response from Yukon Advance Optics saying they were evaluating my request. No follow up from them after my second email…. Wait! I‘m repeating myself….

If I don’t get anywhere, I’ll probably buy another one because I need it. The point to my post was to let the forum know about “my” experience and as usual, I get mostly great feedback and ideas that I hadn’t considered. I’ll take the good and the crappy feedback. I think I got it straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: P&Y and Milf Dots
Again, Don't know if you bought it from us or not, however, it's our pleasure, as a supporting vendor here, to assist you with this issue. Please send me your name, address, phone # and details in a PM and then call me. I will get things happening with Pulsar for you
As suggested, I‘ll reach out to the folks I bought it from and if I don’t get anywhere, I’ll call and buy one from you.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Maybe I can’t read but Pulsar’s website didn’t have any info on US Warranty service other than their email which got a response from Yukon Advance Optics saying they were evaluating my request. No follow up from them after my second email…. Wait! I‘m repeating myself…

Don't call or email Yukon Advanced Optics. There are 2 different websites. That is what is causing your problem. Now I'm repeating myself... Lol

Do call SellMark Corporation in Mansfield TX at 1-817-225-0310. They are the importer and handle warranty in the US. I'm sure the people you bought it from can point you in the right direction also. Good luck.

Don't call or email Yukon Advanced Optics. There are 2 different websites. That is what is causing your problem. Now I'm repeating myself... Lol

Do call SellMark Corporation in Mansfield TX at 1-817-225-0310. They are the importer and handle warranty in the US. I'm sure the people you bought it from can point you in the right direction also. Good luck.
I’ll do that.. thanks!

Reactions: Ksracer
Call Texas!

I'm in EU and had one issue with an Accolade 2 (shutter) after some friends borrowed it, but Pulsar fixed it in less than 2 weeks incl shipping.
I was happy with the service, I had expected it to take longer time.

We really will help you out, if you let us

We really will help you out, if you let us
And yes you did!
I called the place I purchased the charger from and they couldn’t help out saying it was out of warranty as per their Pulsar rep. I called Doug at Cameraland and he put me in touch with his Pulsar rep who told me that it’s covered by their three year warranty and they would be sending me a new one tomorrow or Monday.

I will make my next optics purchase from Cameraland and I know this forum has great people and can be of great help.

Thanks again to Doug and the hide.

I got a NIB dead Thermion XP50 in July, 2020. I had to send my scope back to them on my dime (insurance and postage was over $100), and it took 7 weeks for a replacement. I'm still not happy about the experience...but the CS at Sellmark was extremely pleasant. There was undoubtedly a supply strain with COVID, but seeing dealers get units in while I waited was a pisser.

OP definitely didn't contact the correct place the first time around...but the warranty contact isn't as clear about the 5 Ws as one might think.

It’s our pleasure to assist whenever and however. Glad it worked out
Awesome comments and service from @gr8fuldoug !! THIS is the way to earn respect and future business.

In contrast, It just doesn't make sense for a vendor to post passive aggressive crap when the OP clearly doesn't deserve it.

Learning experience all around!

Reactions: mewillis and P&Y
Awesome comments and service from @gr8fuldoug !! THIS is the way to earn respect and future business.

In contrast, It just doesn't make sense for a vendor to post passive aggressive crap when the OP clearly doesn't deserve it.

Learning experience all around!
Thanks. I have thick skin and plus I'm now old enough and semiretired to not give a f@ck!

Have thermion xp50 and it turned off when shooting Rogue 12” 308 and they said it didn’t do it for them and sent back. This was in December. I put back on gun and recorded thru iPhone at range it shutting off and put vide on flash drive and pic of gun as I shot it. And described how light that setup is ,but it’s still defective even if they can’t repeat . Finall agreed to replace but they still have no thermion 2 xp50 in stock to send me. So it’s been since week of Christmas that I have been without thermal. Not happy . borrowed iray bravo from co worker and may end up buying alpha ..Pulsar, please note.

try dealing with the cable company lol

and it's hardly dramatized it's exactly what calling Comcast is like .