• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Not yet reloading, what 260 Rem factory ammo to buy for hunting

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
I have a GAP in 260 Rem coming soon, (I hope) and want to start buying and stocking up on ammo. What should I buy? It's not cheap, I'll save the brass but need some input on what to get. I want to start out with what I'll use this fall mule deer hunting here in Colorado.
thanks,

I have used southwest ammo in 142 smk on a few deer that seemed to put them down easily.

pmsinclair has used all the good 6.5s successfully from what I've read here. 123 scenar, 136 scenar L, 142 SMK and 139 scenar. You can buy at least three of those from SWA and they all shoot well for me. Many people do well with the 140 AMAX and the 140 berger. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of these. Find out what your rifle likes best and use that. Maybe ask GAP what they recommend for your rifle.

I have used southwest ammo in 142 smk on a few deer that seemed to put them down easily.

I second this, i was going through this right after i bought my .260. after alot of reading and alot of researching I settled ended up buying 320 rounds of 142SMK of southwest plan to ring steel, Antelope, deer and hog hunt.

I'd look into Nosler Custom offerings, good hunting bullets. Midway sells most of them.

Get hold of Josh at Copper Creek ammo. He will take care of all your needs...

Thanks Cinch, will do so
As mentioned above, don't forget to at least compare the offerings from Southwest Ammunition in Arizona. They usually have .260 loads in stock and ready to ship for decent prices. I've shot at least 800 rounds of their .260 so far and am quite pleased. They will even reload the cases they sell you if you want.