• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Notre-Dame de Paris in Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother fucker... That is one of the most awe inspiring pieces of history and architecture I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.

I think we're all there, Red. People talk a lot of shit about the French, but this is literally the heart of Paris. It's painful to watch.

I think we're all there, Red. People talk a lot of shit about the French, but this is literally the heart of Paris. It's painful to watch.
California is a beautiful place also, minus the people of course.

Reactions: flyer
Fully Engulfed I would say. That sucks bad. I had a chance to visit Europe (not France though) and the history is amazing.

Supposedly, they haven't put a drop of water on it, either, neither from pumpers, nor from fire boats in the Seine.

Fully Engulfed I would say.
Unfortunately, shy of the towers at this point, fully engulfed looks to be true.

I see one angle that had a pumper truck putting water onto the edge of the fire on the rooftop protecting the spread to the towers. With the top of the cathedral at a couple hundred feet, any effort to actually put it out will be extremely difficult to say the least.

Tragic loss for France.
More than likely it will be a near total loss.
Hopefully they find enough money to build it again & not just put a Mosque in it's place.

Latest version of coverage:

Updates are coming through by the half hour.

----------
The cause is not yet clear, but officials say that it could be linked to renovation work.

A major operation to tackle the blaze is under way at the 850-year-old Gothic building, but the cathedral's spire has collapsed.

Last year, the Catholic Church in France appealed for funds to save the building, which was crumbling.

A spokesman for the cathedral said the whole structure was "burning".

"There will be nothing left", he said.
----------

Very sad. I visited with family as a kid. A loss to the world.

I have heard renovations posibly involved. But Too early to know. If it was renovations? Then them Frenchies were working late since the fire started after 6 pm.

I have heard renovations posibly involved. But Too early to know. If it was renovations? Then them Frenchies were working late since the fire started after 6 pm.

Chemical soaked rags and other items that are improperly handled or stored can spontaneously combust. even something as innocuous as Boiled Linseed Oil. Could be anything at this point, including something they are not telling us or haven't confirmed yet.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
well-thats-a-shame-.jpg

The hunchback of Norte-Dame was hunchbacked because of all the catholic priests raping him for all those years.

under 6.8mm dollar renovation

we all said it bad and it really is so time for a french joke...

they probably threw one glass of water on the fire then gave up... thats what the french do

Reactions: myronman3
Seriously though, almost every day you hear about some catholic sex scandal.

If your a catholic and I’m offending you, to bad, you supporting your church, which supports child rapist is wrong and your worshiping the devil.

Perhaps you should take this moment to reflect upon your self and say “ do I really like being associated with child rapists”?

Fuck you

I hope your house doesn’t burn down, and we meet one day and turn out to be good buddy’s
I'm quite particular about the character of those whom I associate myself with. The odds of me ever having any sort of friendship with the likes of anyone who wishes the destruction of any structure with the significance of Notre Dame is nil. It's the same as the Taliban blowing up the Buddhas in Bamiyan or ISIS destroying the historic churches of Mosul. It's evil, and you wishing the destruction of Notre Dame is the very same evil as that.

Fuck off right back at'cha.

Who the fuck could give this a thumbs up?

View attachment 7061816

Shit like this defines your character clearly.

You can say or think what you want, don’t care cuz I don’t think about you.

Just remember, me speaking out and saying nasty things against the most powerful church that protects the nastiest pieces of shit, well that’s justified. Fuck the Catholic Church.

I'm quite particular about the character of those whom I associate myself with. The odds of me ever having any sort of friendship with the likes of anyone who wishes the destruction of any structure with the significance of Notre Dame is nil. It's the same as the Taliban blowing up the Buddhas in Bamiyan or ISIS destroying the historic churches of Mosul. It's evil, and you wishing the destruction of Notre Dame is the very same evil as that.

Fuck off right back at'cha.

I understand, but in my eyes a building that supported and housed child rapist is getting burned down. Good.

Perhaps the good Catholics will defect and build a new church there, one that doesn’t support child rapists?

Status
Not open for further replies.