• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Nov 6 & 7 , Twin Falls Idaho

idahojay

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2008
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Southern Idaho Long Range Tactical Rifle Shoot Nov 6 & 7. Mandatory Safety briefing is at 9:00 AM each morning.

Goals
1 Safety Is First, Safety is every ones responsibility we all need to be aware of this.

2 Learn, have fun and become better Shooters

3 Have friendly competition

No alcohol during the shooting day. We strongly recommend no drinking 8 hours before the match.
No (FMJ) full metal Jacket rifle ammo or tracers.
Shooting glasses and hearing protection is required.
Every shooter must bring a shovel or a fire ax with them. Fire danger is low but we need to be prepared.
Bring food and water for the day as Twin Falls is 18 miles away. 6 miles of good dirt road so a 2 wheel drive car is OK.

Most rifle shooting will be from Prone. Bring a mat or ground cloth if you want.

Recommend 80 rounds rifle ammo per day.

This is not a team event but we encourage people to spot for each other so bring a spotting scope and tripod if you can.

For this shoot there will be very little walking for the rifle stages. It is only 200 yards from parking to the shooting points.

We use steel targets made from AR 500 steel for the rifle course. Targets range in size from 6" disks to 24"x28". We will have most targets set at unknown distances 300 - 900 yards with a few targets set between 900 and 1200 yards. Just for fun we will have one target near 1500 and one at 1760+ yards but they will not count for the score. We can safely run 3 stages at the same time.

Rangefinders are OK for all stages on this shoot.

The 3 of us that are putting this match on have shot matches in AK, NC, MT, CA, UT and WA, but this is the first time for us to put on a shooting match so this is a learning time for us as well.

Scoring.

4 targets per stage, only 1 hit per target
5 points for a first round hit
3 points for second round hit
1 points for third round hit
Time limit for each stage 5-10 min. first shot starts clock.

3 miles away there will be a 3 gun carbine/pistol/shotgun course set up with steel targets. That course will be scored by the time it takes to hit all targets...

We will have a score for
High Long Range Shooter
High CQB Shooter
High Over all Shooter

This shoot has a nice place to camp but no water and no outhouse. I will bring a gas grill for people to cook on. The town of Twin Falls is a 25 minute drive, it has lots of hotels, Jack Pot Nevada is 40 miles away with hotels and gambling

No charge for the match and no prizes. We suggest a 10$ a day donation to the guy that has invested a huge sum of money on 45 rifle targets. This is to help him maintain his state of the art targets.

The other thing we request is feedback on what we can do to make the next shoot better.

Hope to see you there.

Location. Approx 10 miles south of Twin Falls on Hwy 93. In between mile markers 31 & 32 is a road called 2900. Turn West on 2900 and go 6 miles and you will come up on us.

Re: Nov 6 & 7 , Twin Falls Idaho

Jay.... I was hoping to make it out, but don't think I'm going to be able to swing getting out of here Friday, so I can make the drive..... Good luck with the match.... please post pics!
grin.gif

You will be missed, maybe next time.

I will see what I can do about scrounging up a digital camera.

Just wanted to thank Jay and Jerry!!!! Had a good/great time.. Meet to good guys to boot!

Dustin

PS How do you compensate for a 45MPH cross wind again?

Pictures!?.... I'd love to see the lay of the land!
grin.gif

Sorry no pictures, was unable to scrounge up a digital camera.

We are shooting about 15 miles South West out of Twin Falls so it is very flat out there on the BLM. We can see for many miles and thats a good thing as ranchers and cows are running around but did not have any interuptions from them.

The weather did not treat us well. 7 to 10 mph wind Saturday and 10 to 15 Sunday that really would switch around rapidley, made for good learning and couping with frustration. Started to sprinkle around 1pm Sunday.

Had a good turnout with about 25 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday. We had a couple of professionals come out Sunday and brought several different systems, one of them was the .408 CheyTac, that is something to behold!

We ran two different precision rifle courses and a three gun CQB course 3 miles away in a gravel pit. Many people went down to the CQB course after the first precision rifle course as I think the wind was troubling them and they wanted to play. Jerry and I have disided we will not be running the CQB course on the same day as precision rifle anymore.

I would like to thank Jerry and Pete for all there hard work, long hours and time away from family to put this on for all of us. Aron of Tamarack Sports in Hailey Idaho for the use of his targets. I would also like to thank all that pitched in to make it run smoothley and all the help you gave others.

Jay Seaquist 208-720-6995

Nice turn-out... what was the COF if you don't mind me asking?

How often are you guys planning on running these?

It was a fun shoot and a nice place to stretch out the rifle. Thanks to Jerry and Jay for organizing it. I hope to do it again soon.

We had two different COFs. The first had targets out to about 850. Also had a 4 plate swinger know your limits at about 350. 12", 10", 8" and 6" hexagon targets.

The second course had targets out to 1776 yards. This course was shot from an elevated position of about 15 feet.

We will run these shoots as much as we can. We sure could use some help guys!!!! There is a lot of work to run these.

Jay,
send me a PM before your next match and I'll give you a hand.
Dave

Jay,

I missed your posting on this. If you remember, please PM me too. I'll try to check this area more often. I would like to come over too. I'm usually only available on Saturdays though, but am more than willing to help out where I can.

Devin

Edit: I live in the Boise area.

Ida.... please post something when/if you learn more....

Thanks!

At this point Jerry and I are looking at doing a half day "Chosen Frozen" shoot on New Years day. Please sound off if this is of interest to anyone. If there is interest I will get somthing posted.

Tactical Rifle Match
New Years Day
The Chosen Frozen Shoot

This is a small pack of local shooters just getting together for some fun with the following goals
1 Safety Is First; Safety is every ones responsibility we all need to be aware of this.
2 Learn, have fun, become better shooters and meet other local shooters.
3 Have some friendly competition

Please No Alcohol during the shooting day
No (FMJ) full metal Jacket rifle ammo or tracers as they are a fire hazard and are hard on our targets. Shooting glasses or safety glasses are required to shoot at our targets.
Also please bring 1 garbage bag with you, we want to leave the place cleaner than we find it and encourage everyone to pick up any trash that they find around the shooting area.

Long range rifle shooting
Recommend 50 rounds rifle ammo. This is not a team event but we encourage people to spot for each other so bring a spotting scope and tripod if you can.
We use steel reactive targets made from AR 500 steel for the rifle course. Targets range in size from 6" disks to 24"x28". Targets set at distances of 200 - 800 yards with a few targets set between 900 and 1200 yards. Rangefinders are OK for all stages on this shoot. All long range shooting will be from prone so bring a mat or ground cloth if you want to stay out of the dirt mud or snow.

Location of the shoot will be near Twin Falls ID. Exact location will be determined by weather and ground conditions and announced at least 5 days before the shoot. We will meet at a local spot for breakfast and safety briefing is at 8:30 AM then drive to the shoot.

jay, can you point me in the right direction to were i can find info about when and were all the shoots in idaho might be? thanks for your help

It can be tuff, specially here in Idaho. Keep an eye out here on the hide, west coast tatical and sniper central is the best I can tell you. A rexburg club runs F-Class, also Blacks range over to the Boise area does some stuff.

To all; I will be away from a computer untill Friday morning. So if you don't hear from me untill then, don't take it personel.

Jay