• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noveske or POF 308- which is more accurate

robdes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
Houston, Texas
Hey guys I need some advice. I am going to buy either a Noveske or a POF 308 this weekend. I want to eventually have an AR-10 style custom built, but I don't have the patience right now, plus I have a hunting/shooting trip next weekend.

So- some opinions on the two guns listed. There seems to be a bunch of info on the POF, but not so much on the Noveske. Accuracy is probably my primary concern followed by reliability.

Thanks!

Re: Noveske or POF 308- which is more accurate

I have a Noveske with the 18" barrel and a Lwrc with a 16" and the Noveske is a bit more accurate, also a good friend of mine has the Noveske 21" and the POF with the 20" barrel and he says the Noveske is more accrurate but he likes the POF more when he shoots suppressed. I could be wrong but Noveske started off as a barrel maker and makes some of the most accurate barrels for the AR rifles. My 18" Noveske with the heavy stainless in 223 will shoot 1/2" 5 shot groups all day and the 308 will shoot 3/4" groups all at 100 yards.

Also have had no problems with reliability with any of them except the REPR from LWRC, the gas adjust knob froze and could not be turned. However they helped to rectify that.

Go with Noveske, you will NOT be disappointed with accuracy.

I'd vote for the Noveske myself for better accuracy, but finding a full Noveske 308 upper is going to be tough. POFs seem more plentiful right now.

You won't be disappointed with either of those choices. It comes down to personal preference, whether you want an AR-10 (Noveske) or a KAC/DPMS (POF) plaform rifle (different mags, etc.). Both rifles are capable of sub-MOA accuracy in the hands of a good shooter and both are highly reliable rifles.

Don't own the Noveske, but they are excellent rifles with incredible barrels.

I do currently own a 20" POF P-308 and it is phenomenal. Sub-MOA accurate with match and my handloads, 100% reliable, piston gas system, NP3-coated internals, etc., etc. I can't recommend the POF enough but again...it comes down to personal preference as both will serve you well.

I have seen QC issues with the POF. On one gun, (a 308) The front sight taper pins were sicking out a good quarter inch on one side and not through the other side of the sight. The owner sent it back, POF returned it, and they didnt fix it. I really like POF, but after seeing that and talking to the owner about trying to get it fixed, I would look at Noveske

When comparing accuracy of all rifles built by Noveske and POF (taking that exceptional shooting rifle that everyone brags about out of the equation), Noveske rifles will win hands down.

I've shot both. I own a POF. Funny, because "customer service" is what drew me to POF. They really took care of me with my P415. That said, I would pick Noveske if sub-moa accuracy is the determining factor.

Thanks for the advice all. It looks like I will have to buy both!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the advice all. It looks like I will have to buy both!
</div></div>

Now THAT is an option that you just can't go wrong with!!!!
grin.gif
Good luck and enjoy!!

Both are really nice. Noveske is a small outfit..dont advertise much and are from a small town in S. Oregon that is a washed out logging town......kinda sleepy place. But they turn out I think the most refined AR platforms out there. But POF is pretty special too.........but for a tack driver Noveske can't be beat........for shooting bad guys and dropping it out of choppers 50 ft above the deck.......POF. But could you win a national level match with a POF and kill alot of bads with a Noveske in the sand........you bet...plenty of guys do.

I pulled the trigger on a POF late today.
I decided that I want to have a custom DI 308 built later this year, possibly using an Iron Ridge upper and lower. The POF will keep me entertained until then.

My vote is for the Noveske , I have owned them all. But when it comes down to which one your betting your life own and is inertly more accurate you better be behind a Noveske.
Damm a SR-25 ,
Have not yet received my Larue OBR yet, but I have high hopes

POF all day long. I've owned POF, Noveske, Hogan, Larue, and an LWRC and I can't say hardly anything negative about any of them, but I still own my POF and LWRC. At 200 yds. with a Hensoldt 4-16x56 it will shoot a 1" group as long as I can shoot, and I'm not just an awesome shooter or anything, the rifle does most of the work. My Noveske went back to them twice, and the customer service was great, but it was something that should have been right when I got it. You're going to get a different answer from everyone, but you can't go wrong with either one. They are both tack drivers and very reliable. When you get to that level of quality, in my opinion it is pretty much personal preference. I'd go with whichever one feels best to you.

Noveske. Just pure works of highly functional art.

I'm wondering why someone dug up a thread that's over 2 YEARS OLD.
eek.gif