• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Now's the time to buy an ADL Varmint from Dick's

Re: Now's the time to buy an ADL Varmint from Dick's

That makes sense! The 360 mentioned would be great but 400 ain't bad.

Just wait until thanksgiving. Black Friday had them at 459 last year with 50 of rebate and another 50 in Dicks gift card; Easy way to start.

Thanks for the heads up. I got all the listed rebates and what not plus my wife had a $10 off and $20 off coupon they honored. Great deal.

Yea I just sold my barrel for $95 scope for $20 and trying to sell the stock for $65 . So that really brings the action price down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lash,

Then you can turn around and sell the stock and scope to some poor sod who knows no better and put that toward upgrades.

That's what I did.

Never regretted it.</div></div>
I'm thinking about it....

Ok, here is what I did, and I think its a pretty good deal:

I got their credit card which gives points + 1 day 10% discount (first day)

243 and 308 Remington 700 ADL Varmint

$499 sale price
$2.99 Remington Gun Oil
-----------------------
$502.97 (w/o tax)
-50 credit card 10% off
-50 Dicks $50 Gift card
-40 Dicks Remington Rebate
-----------------------
$362.97 Sub total

For every $1 I spend I get 2 points. For every 300 points $10 Dicks Gift certificate. So, in above that's $452.67 in purchase (minus tax and 10% off). That gives me 905 points. That is enough for $30 in gift cards

$362.97
$332.97

I filled out the survey and got 10% off next purchase of $50 or more, which I can use with the gift card purchase as well.

So, including all the gift cards etc my Rem 700 ends up costing $332.97.

As a final caveat, Dicks has a 90 day price guearentee. This means if prices go lower on Black Friday, if you go in and bring your receipt you get cash back for the difference on the $499 and the new sale price. Because of Black Friday, this specific case is only in person on that day. All other lower prices in 90 days are anytime.

All in all, I am happy with this deal.

Also, they had a buy 4 boxes of ammo get 5th free, so I only did this example for the 243 since I didn't want to list everything on the 308...

Now if I can sell the barrel for $95 + scope for $20 and stock for $65, I will have an action for $152.97.

Then I have about $90 in gift cards from points + $100 in gift cards from the ADL's. That means if the price on Black Friday is say $350, I would get $49 back for each rifle (apply to new price of $350) = $252, minus $190 in gift cards for total of $92.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeroFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, here is what I did, and I think its a pretty good deal:

I got their credit card which gives points + 1 day 10% discount (first day)

243 and 308 Remington 700 ADL Varmint

$499 sale price
$2.99 Remington Gun Oil
-----------------------
$502.97 (w/o tax)
-50 credit card 10% off
-50 Dicks $50 Gift card
-40 Dicks Remington Rebate
-----------------------
$362.97 Sub total

For every $1 I spend I get 2 points. For every 300 points $10 Dicks Gift certificate. So, in above that's $452.67 in purchase (minus tax and 10% off). That gives me 905 points. That is enough for $30 in gift cards

$362.97
$332.97

I filled out the survey and got 10% off next purchase of $50 or more, which I can use with the gift card purchase as well.

So, including all the gift cards etc my Rem 700 ends up costing $332.97.

As a final caveat, Dicks has a 90 day price guearentee. This means if prices go lower on Black Friday, if you go in and bring your receipt you get cash back for the difference on the $499 and the new sale price. Because of Black Friday, this specific case is only in person on that day. All other lower prices in 90 days are anytime.

All in all, I am happy with this deal.

Also, they had a buy 4 boxes of ammo get 5th free, so I only did this example for the 243 since I didn't want to list everything on the 308... </div></div>

That is workin' it. Well done

Gents,

anyone purchase this deal in the Austin, TX area? I want to pull the trigger but I am getting push back from the store saying the price of $549.99 is the actual price, versus $499.99 per the circular. Their rationale is that it is $549.99 out the door and $499.99 after the $50 rebate.

any help would be appreciated in trying to explain to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chitty777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,

anyone purchase this deal in the Austin, TX area? I want to pull the trigger but I am getting push back from the store saying the price of $549.99 is the actual price, versus $499.99 per the circular. Their rationale is that it is $549.99 out the door and $499.99 after the $50 rebate.

any help would be appreciated in trying to explain to them. </div></div>

I think the hunting manager has a lot to do with it, however, I would think that when they go to scan it at the counter, it should ring up at $499.98 - thats what mine did. Ask them to try ringing it up first before you drive out there, rather than reading the circular.

So simple I'm surprised it eluded me. thanks for the help. I'll do that.

From my understanding, all purchases of firearms for Dick's sporting goods has to be at their stores.

I have a question about the requirements on the Dick's $50 rebate and the Remington $40 rebate. Both say they need the proof of purchase sticker from the back of the owner's manual and there is only one sticker on my owner's manual. What are you using for a proof of purchase sticker for the other rebate?

timmyb - you may be approaching this wrongly - the only rebates you can get are via Dicks. Just there are some in-house Dick's rebates, and some are Dick's Remington rebates.

$502.97 (w/o tax)
-50 credit card 10% off
-50 Dicks $50 Gift card
-40 Dicks Remington Rebate <--- This is still through Dicks, not direct with Remington
-----------------------
$362.97 Sub total

Since I had a bunch of questions in tracking down all this stuff, what I did was go here:

http://dsg.rebateaccess.com/

I prefilled out my rebates, and called the folks who actually manage the rebate program for Dick's (by the way, they also manage Remington's rebate programs). I called them at: 1-800-953-3098

They were very helpful, and were able to help me with things like "Does the $50 gift card count based on the line item totals or the Final total?" This question was because I got a 10% discount on a firearm + Rem Oil. That would put my Final total lower than $500, but the line total of items was above $500 - the answer was they count based on the line item costs, not Final Total on that particular program.

Anyway, you can see both of the available rebates/gift card programs at the website, and actually select the products you bought.

So, to answer a quick question with a really long answer - You don't need 2 stickers from you manual, as you only have one rebate to fill out...

PS. the Remington rebate won't work for the Dick's rifles as the SKU isn't in the list of qualifying rifles. The Dick's rifles are all special made by Remington for Dicks, and get excluded from the Remington deal, but get their own Dick's Remington deal.

Hence you can only get the $50 gift card + $40 Rebate

Unless you can do some magic and use your sticker twice and Remington gives you the direct discount in addition to the Dicks one - but since they are the same people processing them, I think its not very likely...

I have been debating this myself. This is how I read it all.

Rifle $550
On sale for $499.98
Mail In rebate worth $50 from DSG
But small Remington item $50 gift card from DSG
Price is 399.98 + small remington item

The $40 from Remington says it is on an SPS this is not marked as an SPS as far as I can tell so how do you get that rebate as well?

The $40 Remington rebate will not work. I just got off the phone with Remington. It only applies to Remington Catalog items. The Dicks, Academy, etc, guns do not apply, since they are store specials and not normal catalog items. I wrote down the serial number from a gun in store and he also verified using the serial number.

^^ I agree, exactly what I found. The only way I got my price lower was by getting a new Dick's credit card which gave me $50 (10%) off, and by getting the additional points which convert to gift cards also.

By the way, I also verified there is no interest for 6 months if paid in full by that time on the card I just got.

By combining everything, I get to around $330 approximatly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeroFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^ I agree, exactly what I found. The only way I got my price lower was by getting a new Dick's credit card which gave me $50 (10%) off, and by getting the additional points which convert to gift cards also.

By the way, I also verified there is no interest for 6 months if paid in full by that time on the card I just got.

By combining everything, I get to around $330 approximatly.</div></div>
^^I bought mine in .223 last Friday and did just this. It worked especially well since the Dick's here is brand new and was having a grand opening offer of triple points on all purchases.

My opinion of this deal is that is is great even if you can't work it to the nth degree. Let's face it, a new 700 action based rifle with bits you can sell off if desired for less than $400 is a decent deal from where I stand (or sit as the case may be).

HeroFish, thanks for the clarification.

Too bad I just bought my Savage. I'm still considering picking one of these up for a future setup, but it would just sit in the safe for a year or so until I could afford nice glass...

Is this an item that they usually stock in .308? Would be a good start to a precision rifle platform.

so i can make an ass of my self here and not at dick's tomorrow...

the 50.00 dicks gift card - do they give it to toward the purchase of the rifle, or toward future purchases? if it's for future purchases, then it really isn't toward the rifle purchase at hand.

screw it, i'll stop by tomorrow and take a look.

anyway here's a link to the flyer

http://www.weeklyadcirculars.com/dicks_sporting_goods_weekly_ad.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 50.00 dicks gift card - do they give it to toward the purchase of the rifle, or toward future purchases?</div></div>

As of last week at my local Dick's, the gift card is only available via mail after the rifle purchase.

How about if i want to grab two of them.. do i need to do them on different transactions. since it says " over $500 " rather than every $500

Dont have a Dick's around my neck of the woods but we do have a Dunham's sports which has been running a special on the Remington 700 ADL W/scope for $399.99. I bought it in the .223 for the action to use on a 300 blk build. With all said, i don't think my $423~ paying price is bad at all.... can always sell scope, stock and barrel to re-coupe some funds.....

just got back from dick's. it appears:

499.99 on sale
+ 2.00 buy something for a couple of bucks.
______
-10% (50.20) if you apply, get approved and put rifle on a dick's card.
______
-40.00 remington rebate over 500.00 (make sure that the 10% isn't going to jam you up, i didn't ask the lame brains working there if minusing the 10% on the receipt is going to effect the rebate)
______

the "extra" 50.00 dick's gift card is for future purchases, it can't be put toward the rifle as you didn't get it yet.

411.79 + transfer / registration and taxes still isn't too bad

the guy behind the counter did mention that if i could wait, the black friday deals are amazing.

they had .223, .22-250, .243, and .308 in stock

the rifle itself does seem pretty nice for a foundation, the varmint barreled action is worth it. has the parkerized type of finish that rusts as you watch it, and is very nose heavy. ditch the scope, as mentioned before you can probably get 50.00ish bucks for it. but other than that, nothing a new stock, optic, rings & base can't cure.

EXAMPLE:
remington 700 varmint 412.00
+choate tactical stock 221.00
+weaver 20moa pic base 40.00
+weaver "tactical" rings 50.00
+millet TRS 300.00

$1023 + tax & or shipping for a setup