• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nox 18 unboxing and first thoughts

texasleftychef

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Hadn’t seen anything about this yet except Wigs review so I thought I’d throw you guys a bone. Got my Nox 18 from Robert on Friday and had a chance to play with it some last night and tonight.

First thoughts are is this thing is pretty sweet. It’s Just about exactly the size of a pvs14 and roughly the same weight in my opinion. Clarity is great too and really bright on factory setting. Will have to compare to my Reaps but seems to be just about the same picture quality, maybe less grainy but I have some of the settings fairly high on my Reaps. Possibly more clear on zoom too than the Trijicons are but haven’t done a side by side.

Appears to be designed to either run on right eye or as a stand alone on either eye. I think if you want to run left eye with a 14 on the right you have to flip the Wilcox mount around to the ADM quick release and lose the ability to weapon mount. Maybe could get around this with Knights OSS right eye mount. Took me a little bit to get the controls figured out and even still kind of learning but they are pretty straight forward after some practice. Not sure if I like them more or less than the Reaps. Certainly not as jumpy. Just not what I’m accustomed to. Only minor complaint thus far is theDot on the diopter doesnt seem to be zeroed correctly but still focuses just fine.

I think you guys looking for a triple use monocular/scanner/weapon usable helmet mounted thermal are going to really dig this unit. I have not weapon tested it so more to follow.

All I have for now. I’ll answer questions as best as I can if you have any.

00FE4E92-2AB2-4C32-8711-AEE846650C69.jpeg
0F4EDCD9-A5FC-42C7-A644-A23FCA6A06B8.jpeg
18CAA0AB-5E1E-43B7-84E5-093A84365BC4.jpeg
1AFCB77F-AC03-47ED-9C1A-151B9B4DB27F.jpeg
2B787EF7-2C82-4590-90C9-2E9FCB7646B5.jpeg
3AA09370-9B6F-4979-A72E-5B95A0A33B1E.jpeg
228E6832-CEBE-497A-865E-D6E75B1AC598.jpeg
74ED40FD-C0A5-4ACD-8BA2-02FDDBFB5CC1.jpeg

It looks like the dovetail is positioned further back on the NOX than it is on the PVS-14? How well did the two line up with your eyes once mounted to your KVC bridge?
So the picatinny mount secures to one side only? I see there’s an aftermarket mount on the market already out for this unit...would be nice if someone made a dovetail shoe mount for a rail section that would allow for quick detach to helmet either left or right and slide and click back onto the rifle if needed.

Looking forward to getting mine in too

Thanks for posting the unboxing, looking forward to your review once you've had time to put it through it's paces.

I ordered one from Robert too, can't wait to get hands on.

Reactions: texasleftychef
It looks like the dovetail is positioned further back on the NOX than it is on the PVS-14? How well did the two line up with your eyes once mounted to your KVC bridge?
So the picatinny mount secures to one side only? I see there’s an aftermarket mount on the market already out for this unit...would be nice if someone made a dovetail shoe mount for a rail section that would allow for quick detach to helmet either left or right and slide and click back onto the rifle if needed.

Looking forward to getting mine in too

Nice catch. That’s why I was trying to show you guys that pic as I have been worried about it since I first heard of the unit. Maybe others can chime in but to me it’s not that big of a deal with the Wilcox mount. There seems to be more forgiveness with the Nox than the 14 so for now I have been getting the 14 where I like it and then using the Nox where it ends up. In reality they aren’t that far off but it is not exactly the same.

Post the link to that other mount if you don’t mind please. Here is the line in the instructions about flipping the mount. I may be mistaken about mounting the other side but that’s how I read it.

Attachments

• E32286E0-8370-4775-B31C-C71D5D6FCEA4.jpeg
    E32286E0-8370-4775-B31C-C71D5D6FCEA4.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 92
There is always the flip the arm over on the bridge trick to get the offset a bit closer if it bothers you. All you need is the ability to take out the screw.

Thanks for that. I had thought to mention that the Nox will sit lower on your rifle but when I mocked it up it seemed to be ok. That being said it might require or be more comfortable with a riser like an aim point T1. I think the ADM mount is the same as the aim point but the riser doesn’t seem to have the same screw pattern so I’m not sure if there is a compatable product right now.

I’ll probably end up putting a picatinny riser under mine anyway to match it up with my other optics for a more heads up aiming.

Texas, you going to snap some photos through your NOX?:cool:

Thanks for posting, looks good. Still looking for my first NV/Thermal purchase and the NOX and Pulsar Krypton are high on the list. Ideally, I want something like a PVS-14 and NOX on the head and a PVS-30 on the rifle. Mix and match as needed.

Haven’t gotten to check on distance yet. Maybe tomorrow I can check at the the farm.

Set it up in the backyard just now. 33* and little temp change the whole day and sleeting. Pretty much the worst conditions I can think of for thermal. I will post the picture with the caveat that I don’t think the image could get any worse based on the weather the last couple of nights and picture isn’t as good as picture through the thermal. Unit has a picture taking feature that I wasn’t able to figure out how to download so this is a camera pic of a pic that I took. Full disclosure is I don’t think this is representative of the Nox based on the last two days but want to maybe show what it looks like in the worst conditions. Close house is about 75 yards and the one in the distance is about 225.

Attachments

• FF90D3D1-BC1F-4614-8BE2-92E3899704EA.jpeg
    FF90D3D1-BC1F-4614-8BE2-92E3899704EA.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Thanks for posting, looks good. Still looking for my first NV/Thermal purchase and the NOX and Pulsar Krypton are high on the list. Ideally, I want something like a PVS-14 and NOX on the head and a PVS-30 on the rifle. Mix and match as needed.

Based on having Trijicon NVision and Pulsar I would get either a Trijicon or NVision unless you have to have the video feature. No experience with the Bering line so I can’t comment on them. I think the rest of your kit are solid choices. I miss my 30 to be quite honest. Maybe one day I can get a TigIr. For my applications thermal is 1000% better than NV.

Ive seen some images from a dual SkeetIR nod setup which was badass to say the least. Any thoughts on a dual Nox setup on a bridge mount?

This is were I am at. I am hoping the dual NOX's give some sort of Dual SkeetIR experience. Hopefully someone will take that plunge soon and report back.

Reactions: iheartthermal
Thanks Texaslefty for the report.

Not quite up to speed so forgive me if this has already been addressed....In the pics the diameter of the objective lens housing looks to be same or very close to that of the PVS14. So would it be correct to assume a DLOC mount such as I use on my PVS14 will work on the NOX? I much prefer it over an ADM type mount for quick transitioning in the dark from helmet to weapon.

ETA: the DLOC also provides ability to adjust mount height negating need for a riser.

Ive seen some images from a dual SkeetIR nod setup which was badass to say the least. Any thoughts on a dual Nox setup on a bridge mount?

I will have some thoughts in 2, maybe 3 weeks.

Preliminary thoughts are mostly based on Wig's review thread:
1. Buttons will be obstructed and not functional without flipping one side out for NUC or whatever you need to function
2. No IR Laser, but I don't use the SkeetIRx laser anyways
3. Visually, should be 8/9 out of 10 from an image perspective, and that's if we're calling the SkeetIRx a 10.
4. Weight difference, but easily offset with counterweight. if you use a ballistic helmet, counterweight not needed.
5. Menus ... not sure how quickly you can NUC the nox, but it's ultra fast on the Skeet.
6. Azimuth

The value of the Nox, to me, is the weight comparison between its competitor, which in my view is the Patrol. Otherwise, it's not really comparable to the Skeet with the exception of its size and head mounting capability.

At any rate, give me a few weeks and we'll make this comparison possible.

Edit to add: The Nox is most likely the single best bang-for-buck thermal on the market, especially with a 5 year warranty (every thermal owner has or will leverage their warranty if they use their tools with any sort of cadence).

I bet you can NUC the Nox faster than the Skeet.

Excellent. Now if we could wifi sync them so it's one button that NUC's both devices :)

Procedure: Cover both lenses with one hand like you would hide your eyes if Hillary Clinton popped out in front of you. Hit one Nox NUC button that's sync'd with the other. Presto!

Excellent. Now if we could wifi sync them so it's one button that NUC's both devices :)

Procedure: Cover both lenses with one hand like you would hide your eyes if Hillary Clinton popped out in front of you. Hit one Nox NUC button that's sync'd with the other. Presto!

We'll have to think about the WiFi sync but with a little bit of practice, it's quite possible to NUC the Nox with a single hand while it's head or weapon mounted.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
We'll have to think about the WiFi sync but with a little bit of practice, it's quite possible to NUC the Nox with a single hand while it's head or weapon mounted.
Haven’t gotten to check on distance yet. Maybe tomorrow I can check at the the farm.

Set it up in the backyard just now. 33* and little temp change the whole day and sleeting. Pretty much the worst conditions I can think of for thermal. I will post the picture with the caveat that I don’t think the image could get any worse based on what I saw the last couple of nights and picture isn’t as good as picture through the thermal. Unit has a picture taking feature that I wasn’t able to figure out how to download so this is a camera pic of a pic that I took. Full disclosure is I don’t think this is representative of the Nox based on the last two days but want to maybe show what it looks like in the worst conditions. Close house is about 75 yards and the one in the distance is about 225.
Hey Max, I see the manual is finally up, could you post the link to download your photo software, please.

What software is actually needed?

Doesn't the memory just appear as an external drive like any other device?

What format are the images?

I've never seen anything windoze compatible that didn't just plug in and work.

Photos are a key feature for my intended use.

How large is the storage?

What size are the photo files?

*****EDIT*****
LOOKS LIKE THE PDF LINKS ARE GONE NOW?

Nox User Manual
Download

Nox Tips and Hints
Download

Taking Photos
Pressing and quickly releasing Photo Button (3) captures the image and saves it in the NOX memory.
NOTE: The Image Capture function is turned off by default. It can be enabled under the System Settings Menu in the Menu Mode.
Saved pictures can be later viewed under Gallery in Menu Mode. Images can be downloaded later to a PC using USB cable and special software. The required software can be downloaded from the www.nvisionoptics.com web site.
NOTE: Image Download software is only available for Windows PCs.

Attachments

• Nox-TIPS-and-HINTS-1.0-Final.pdf
    420.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Nox-User-Manual-Rev-1.1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 279
Last edited:
NighthawkCG, can you elaborate on what you’re describing - is this using a KVC bridge?

Not KVC Bridge, but wilcox. The bridge arm can be taken apart and flipped over, pushing the mount a little bit father away from your face. Depending on the J-arm used on the pvs-14 it can match up pretty well (at least with the IR Patrol).

I probably should have lined up the pieces differently, but in the pic below, you can see the front/back offset goes towards the front where in the complete bridge, they sweep back.

IMG_3272.JPG

Image Download software:

https://nvisionoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Image_Downloader.zip

PDFs still seem to be there.

Storage: 60 images. They can be saved as BMP or PNG. Size: not too big. I can check tomorrow.

The scope is not going to show up as an external hard drive when it is plugged in.
4tgy9p.jpg

The .pdf points to the page the .pdf link is on, it's a circle.

Thanks so much for checking on the size of the onboard storage.

Any idea what the image native resolution would be?

Nuc on Nox is super fast. Just a quick push of the power button which is far enough from the other buttons you can’t mess it up. Do wish there was a shutter though.

Glad to hear about this software. I’ll try and get set up on it and download some pictures. Taking pictures is cake too once you enable the function. See update below ! Make sure to click on the pictures as they look like crap on my phone until you click them and then they look a lot better.

I am not well versed in the Dloc for the 14? I can post more pictures of the mount removed if that would help you.

Not aware of any blue tooth connectivity but it may be in there somewhere. Have to look some more.

Update on software and pictures. Downloaded and took another picture today so you can see how bad the conditions were last night. I'm still not at some of you guys abilities to get the settings exactly right but I think I'm getting close. Just wanted to get you guys some quick pics for this evening. I'll try and take some way off tomorrow night and see how well it does and can detect.

Tonight's settings - not sure what I had yesterday
Brightness - 1
CE Level - 2
Sharpness - 2
Gamma - 2

First pic is Sunday night and the second is Monday night FYI.

Attachments

• 1.10.21.jpg
    1.10.21.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 1.11.21.jpg
    1.11.21.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Do any dealers actually have the Nox in stock and ready to ship?

Thank you for your business! We are hoping to have more Nox 18mm units arriving in the next 2 weeks.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with mine, but had an NV class at our range this weekend and everyone was impressed with the Nox.

Nuc on Nox is super fast. Just a quick push of the power button which is far enough from the other buttons you can’t mess it up. Do wish there was a shutter though.

Glad to hear about this software. I’ll try and get set up on it and download some pictures. Taking pictures is cake too once you enable the function. See update below !

I am not well versed in the Dloc for the 14? I can post more pictures of the mount removed if that would help you.

Not aware of any blue tooth connectivity but it may be in there somewhere. Have to look some more.

Update on software and pictures. Downloaded and took another picture today so you can see how bad the conditions were last night. I'm still not at some of you guys abilities to get the settings exactly right but I think I'm getting close. Just wanted to get you guys some quick pics for this evening. I'll try and take some way off tomorrow night and see how well it does and can detect.

Tonight's settings - not sure what I had yesterday
Brightness - 1
CE Level - 2
Sharpness - 2
Gamma - 2
Wow, that's impressive.

How intuitive did you find the download software?

mine came 2 days ago from jay what a nice piece of kit im very impressed bought it mostly for a helmet spotter to use with a pvs 14 but it sure is nice to be able to use as rifle mounted. i have a halo lr this will complement it perfectly controls are the same but only smaller. cant wait to get out this week for some yote hunting. sure shot night vision and jay are great people to deal with.

Wow, that's impressive.

How intuitive did you find the download software?

It’s not too bad. It seemed like there were two files. One was a screen grab (didn’t explore) and the other kind of opens a library and you can choose which pictures to save in I think bng or jpeg format. I didn’t experiment too much but I was up and running in less than five. Hide wouldn’t let me post the bng style file.

Reactions: Jim Out
What were the atmospheric conditions from the pics?

They look a lot grainier than I would have expected based on what was shown in other threads. (Yes, I clicked on them).

Reactions: mikefraz
The first night was about 30* and sleeting and virtually no temp change. The second was windy 35ish and had about 15-20 degrees temp change in the day.

Like I said I may have the settings a little high resulting in poor pictures. Was honestly in my pajamas and freezing both nights so I only played with a couple of settings as well as learning the interface at the same time.

I almost didn’t publish the pictures because I don’t believe they are necessarily indicative of the Nox’s performance but thought I should in full disclosure show what the downloaded pictures look like as I thought that was a cool feature that my Trijicons don’t have or I at least don’t have the cable to do it.

I honestly thought the second one wasn’t too bad. A little washed out but still able make out pipe fence posts at about 300 yards isn’t all that bad I don’t think. I’ll try and get out to the farm with it this weekend and get some shots that aren’t around the neighborhood.

Reactions: Rerun7
Hadn’t seen anything about this yet except Wigs review so I thought I’d throw you guys a bone. Got my Nox 18 from Robert on Friday and had a chance to play with it some last night and tonight.
mine came 2 days ago from jay what a nice piece of kit im very impressed bought it mostly for a helmet spotter to use with a pvs 14 but it sure is nice to be able to use as rifle mounted. i have a halo lr this will complement it perfectly controls are the same but only smaller. cant wait to get out this week for some yote hunting. sure shot night vision and jay are great people to deal with.

So am I to understand that the entire production run and shipped units = 2 :

1 from Robert

and

1 from Jay

Sounds like N-Vision will be filing Chapter 7 if they only sold 2.......

[/ Foghorn Leghorn said....that's a joke son, that's a joke]

Reactions: mikefraz
for you guys thinking of bridging the nox with a pvs14 i have older pvs14 its a itt gen 3 green i used a moa armory bridge with the nox on my left eye pvs 14 on the right. i wanted the nox on the left so i could flip up the 14 and go to the halo on the rifle and shoot. the nox and 14 are overlapped and the image is prefect some times i have to close the right eye to get the detail on the nox but the more i use it the better it looks just thought i would throw that out for some of you thats thinking the same works very good.

Hi guys newbie here... Thanks for taking the time to show the pics and give your thoughts... I wish I could say I'm patiently waiting for mine but at this point it's anxiously waiting!! I ordered mine at the beginning of December and was told I'd have it "by Xmas"... Unfortunately I still don't have it and our night season is ticking away fast 😭... Praying I get mine soon!

So here are some more pics for you guys. Was working at the farm today on my shooting range and stuck around to take some pictures for you guys. Nox was really pretty spectacular the further after dark it got and temps dropped. I was only meh about right at dark but once the temp started to drop it really started to pop. For reference the first target board is 50, and the others at 100 and 200 and the feeder is about 175. About the longest reach I have at my place as it's really woody. Temp about 50ish and humidity pretty low at 7pm. If had done this a couple of hours later, I think it would have been even better. Need to clear the downed trees in the foreground but didn't have the grapple on today. Feel free to tell me how awesome my shooting range is too for tactifool fat guy...

Nox seems to really shine with the zoom. I'm not sure why, maybe only the increments from 1x to 2x to 4x to 8x as opposed to my Reaps 35 and 60 which go 2.5 to 5 to 10 and 4.5 to 9 and so on. Don't know how these show to you guys via computer and jpeg and whatever is lost in translation but I was very pleased with the image and think you could even possible use the zoom at 3x or 4x unlike the Reaps. Cows in the last picture are probably from 100-500 for you guys wondering detecting range.

In the immortal words of the NV man extraordinaire the faux toes. You guys can complain about grainy and what not but I thought the image was pretty damn good and pics almost as good. But from a guy too poor to buy a Skeet.

Attachments

• Nox White 1x.jpg
    Nox White 1x.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Nox White 2x.jpg
    Nox White 2x.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Nox White 3x.jpg
    Nox White 3x.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Nox White 4x.jpg
    Nox White 4x.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Nox Black 1x.jpg
    Nox Black 1x.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Nox Black 2x.jpg
    Nox Black 2x.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 284
  • Nox Black 3x.jpg
    Nox Black 3x.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Nox Black 4x.jpg
    Nox Black 4x.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 325
  • Cows.jpg
    Cows.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 362
Looks like a sweet unit. The size is awesome, Looks to be allot smaller than the Halo LR.. Thanks for posting up on it..

for you guys thinking of bridging the nox with a pvs14 i have older pvs14 its a itt gen 3 green i used a moa armory bridge with the nox on my left eye pvs 14 on the right. i wanted the nox on the left so i could flip up the 14 and go to the halo on the rifle and shoot. the nox and 14 are overlapped and the image is prefect some times i have to close the right eye to get the detail on the nox but the more i use it the better it looks just thought i would throw that out for some of you thats thinking the same works very good.
Thanks, this is what I plan to do. My 14's are WP so I think it should work nicely.

Reactions: texasleftychef
Thanks, this is what I plan to do. My 14's are WP so I think it should work nicely.

This is the next project after I sight it in. I’m so hoping I can get it to work too. Thoughts of the thermal with 14 and light saber abilities of the Perst4 gets me a little giddy. But I’m a helmet newb and still trying to get it all sorted out. Seems to work ok the patio but I have yet to bring the two to the field and see what it’s like.

This is the next project after I sight it in. I’m so hoping I can get it to work too. Thoughts of the thermal with 14 and light saber abilities of the Perst4 gets me a little giddy. But I’m a helmet newb and still trying to get it all sorted out. Seems to work ok the patio but I have yet to bring the two to the field and see what it’s like.
I suspect it will take a little while to acclimatize. It took a few night when we switched from 7B's to 14's but it worked out.
I should have bought the Raid X early on when it was available (I'm kicking myself for not doing it when I had the chance). But, so is life.

Here's two pics of deer at ~800 yards with no zoom. Far tree line is ~1,400 yards. Deer are under the tree line in middle of image. I honestly thought those deer were more like 1000 yards from day range finding and so I think the 18mm can detect further than 753 yards. I thought detection range was a math equation so perhaps I'm wrong on my estimated range. I only post these with the caveat that this was right at dusk so thermal contrast was not optimal. Also I was using the NOx as a handheld mono so I believe a slight amount of blur applied to image just from me clicking the take photo button. Think about it like jerking the trigger of your rifle. Instead jerking the mono causes image blur during image capture.
First pic is max CE setting, can't remember sharpness. Maybe 2 judging by the image. Second pic is default settings, maybe brightness 4.
Also some rabbits on default settings with all 4 color modes. Thermal contrast was not great on this evening either.

I've been taking the NOx out quite a bit. I am extremely impressed by the HMT capability bridged with a PVS14 WP. I don't have any issue having the two devices sync to one image. I have only zeroed the NOx, I have yet to shoot anything. The image quality on all levels of digital zoom seems quite functional. I'd be confident shooting on 4x out to 400 yards.

I have the same depth perception with the NOx + PVS14 setup as I do with dual PVS14 or Binos.
I put a COTI on the PVS14 and it sorta affects the collimation but even then it doesn't really bother me. All three sync to one image for me actually. I have no idea when I would ever use the COTI when the NOx is bridged up anyway.

I've never owned a 12 um pixel pitch and I do not know what the NETD on the NOx is. But this thing scares me a bit on what it reveals. I can see every stud and screw in my drywall. Even found a spot behind my drywall that cold air is getting too somehow. A few of my windows need major work. Son of a bitch! Ignorance is bliss.

Attachments

• IMAGE17.jpg
    IMAGE17.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 397
  • IMAGE26.jpg
    IMAGE26.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 386
  • IMAGE2.jpg
    IMAGE2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 386
  • IMAGE3.jpg
    IMAGE3.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMAGE4.jpg
    IMAGE4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 320
  • IMAGE5.jpg
    IMAGE5.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Here's two pics of deer at ~800 yards with no zoom. Far tree line is ~1,400 yards. Deer are under the tree line in middle of image. I honestly thought those deer were more like 1000 yards from day range finding and so I think the 18mm can detect further than 753 yards. I thought detection range was a math equation so perhaps I'm wrong on my estimated range. I only post these with the caveat that this was right at dusk so thermal contrast was not optimal. Also I was using the NOx as a handheld mono so I believe a slight amount of blur applied to image just from me clicking the take photo button. Think about it like jerking the trigger of your rifle. Instead jerking the mono causes image blur during image capture.
First pic is max CE setting, can't remember sharpness. Maybe 2 judging by the image. Second pic is default settings, maybe brightness 4.
Also some rabbits on default settings with all 4 color modes. Thermal contrast was not great on this evening either.

I've been taking the NOx out quite a bit. I am extremely impressed by the HMT capability bridged with a PVS14 WP. I don't have any issue having the two devices sync to one image. I have only zeroed the NOx, I have yet to shoot anything. The image quality on all levels of digital zoom seems quite functional. I'd be confident shooting on 4x out to 400 yards.

I have the same depth perception with the NOx + PVS14 setup as I do with dual PVS14 or Binos.
I put a COTI on the PVS14 and it sorta affects the collimation but even then it doesn't really bother me. All three sync to one image for me actually. I have no idea when I would ever use the COTI when the NOx is bridged up anyway.

I've never owned a 12 um pixel pitch and I do not know what the NETD on the NOx is. But this thing scares me a bit on what it reveals. I can see every stud and screw in my drywall. Even found a spot behind my drywall that cold air is getting too somehow. A few of my windows need major work. Son of a bitch! Ignorance is bliss.
Thank you so much for the review and pics.

I really liked and appreciate the 4 setting comparison with the rabbits.

What mount and bridge are you using with the NOx and what do you have for a PVS14?

I can't wait to see first hand what the images look like and need to plan my PVS14s, I'm setting up 2 rigs so I'm a double-poor. ;)

On the home improvement front, that's really encouraging.

We've been doing historic properties for the last 27 years, this is a major reason we pulled the trigger on the NOx before buying PVS14.

The newest property we've ever owned was a 1935 mud adobe, our newest current property is a 1927 double brick two story territorial built by Southern Pacific when they first began basing their engineer's families in Tucson. Our home and all our other properties are well over 100 years old.

Just the real estate business aspect should more than justify the purchase.

Could you post some of the pictures of your walls and maybe electrical outlets or breaker box too, please?

I really excited to think of using this on motors and appliances, not to mention the applications for vehicles and heavy equipment troubleshooting.

Can anyone recommend a video recorder for the NOx?
How does one set up the unit for video out recording?
Is that part of the photo download software or is the video out function of the usb like normal cameras?

^^^^^^ Maybe this is a Max question?

This just keeps getting better!

I've always been an advocate of buying the best gear the first time, it sure looks like N-Vision and NOx delivers!

I'm using the Knight's armament KVC universal bridge RQE. Vyper PVS14 WP with ~2400 FOM and SureShotNV SNB filter.
I used it with my GP( I think, unknown SPECS but good FOM) PVS14 unit and, provided its dark out, I don't really have trouble fusing those images either.

Would be interesting to see the how well that mud adobe insulates with the NOx.

I have a pic of some studs/screws the other night and that damn cold spot in my wall. Would get more interior stuff for you but the NOx is pretty chilly and needs to warm up to interior temps before it'll take a good image.

I attached more images of deer from a bit of a stalk I had last night. I couldn't count the points on the two bucks but you can clearly tell they've got racks. Thought about throwing a rock at them at one point.

Attachments

• IMAGE0.jpg
    IMAGE0.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAGE1.jpg
    IMAGE1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAGE0.jpg
    IMAGE0.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAGE26.jpg
    IMAGE26.jpg