• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s NRA Board elections

Major Wader

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Southern USA
If this is in the wrong forum, please let me know and I'll move it.

There is a fine slate of candidates this term. One in particular that I feel strongly about is Duane Liptak Jr.

https://www.duaneliptakjrnra.com/

Key positions for me are his support for removal of suppressors, short barrel rifles, and short barrel shotguns from the NFA registry.

Also cool that Kim Rhode is up for election this term.

Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.

What part of shall not be infringed don't they get? That's some pretty crappy representation of their members. They're just becoming another three letter organization out to make themselves richer while not protecting the interests of the people they represent.

What don't you get, deflected and dying in committees, well played NRA. Fix yourself,your ignorant.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Maxduty - Some of the NRA's positions are exactly why I am supporting Liptak. While I don't agree with every position that they take, they remain our best option to represent and protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

You all should look to make the GOA bigger than the NRA for memberships and funding. They are the real "No Compromise" organization. The NRA are a bunch of politician scum who would sell everyone out to make a buck.

What don't you get, deflected and dying in committees, well played NRA. Fix yourself,your ignorant.
I have a hard time supporting an organization that is supposed to fight for my right (2A just confirms it) and makes a public statement such as this. I didn't support Obama, but at least he did what he said he was going to do. The only ignorant ones are the ones who didn't hear what was said.

The GOA might be worthwhile but like the NRA it’s up to the members to make it what it is and the NRA is not the fudd organization it was in a the 90s.
Even then in 1994 something was going to happen and the NRA at least got a sunset clause in there.
The NRA has legal challenges going on in many states, even helping the GOA in those states.
So the knee jerk feel good reaction of banning bump stocks ends up at the state level, not federal, and the legal battle will follow in the state level where the NRA can be the bull in the china shop.
It’s not checkers, it’s chess.

I voted for Adam Kraut and Tim Knight. Found out about a couple other decent guys after I mailed my ballot. MNRAGA, is that a thing?