• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events NRL 22 Match 7 March 2021 @ TRC Autryville NC

oda175365

Andrew
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina, USA
Update- Alright folks- the 1st monthly NRL 22 match will be hosted at the The Range Complex (TigerSwan) in Autryville NC on the 7th of March 2021. We have the entire 2021 steel set, props, and a set range to operate. The sign up on Practiscore will be up this weekend and Ill post the link. This match will be run monthly with the NRL sanctioned stages, and scores will be submitted to NRL for those that are members. Local folks who are coming please chime in with any questions; those that can help RO and are experienced NRL 22 shooters please let us know. Fees will be minimal- just enough to cover the affiliation fees and cover some of the prop costs.

///////////NC/ Fayetteville Shooters. Looking to gauge interest in monthly NRL .22 matches. Would be hosted at a local and well known facility- within 30 minutes of Fayetteville. Please if you are interested in seeing this chime in. If we see pretty strong response we could start up as soon as Jan ‘21.

Last edited:
I know a couple of people that would be interested that work on Bragg.

Sounds like fun. Would it be a standard 100 yard NRL22 or a longer range NRL22X match or a combo?

For now just standard NRL 22, but if the draw is strong enough and we have a good competitor base local- we may move towards the x matches as well.

The range-master is fully supportive and is ready to move on it.

Reactions: Rob01
Is it kid friendly? I've got a 9 yr old that would be very interested, as would I.
We most definitely support children participating. NRL 22 is aimed at getting shooters of all ages competing, as well as hosting a family friendly event.

More information should be coming out beginning of the year.

Reactions: kabarNC
Can you tell us what range? Just wondering and wanting to see how far from me.

Reactions: kabarNC
The Range Complex in Autryville NC (~25min from Fayetteville), also known as TigerSwan. A majority of our work is .mil and LE training, but we do a good bit of private civilian classes as well.

The Range Complex in Autryville NC (~25min from Fayetteville), also known as TigerSwan. A majority of our work is .mil and LE training, but we do a good bit of private civilian classes as well.

Would they be only weekend matches since you all are not open to the public during the week anymore?

That's cool. Under an hour for me to get there. Was hoping north of Fayetteville so shorter but it's not bad at all. Will definitely make it down next year.

Reactions: oda175365
I can’t seem to register. Maybe I’m internet challenged but it says no registration form available.
622CA570-2E0A-43E6-BCBD-E5929E500887.png

Are spectators welcome? If so what’s the entry fee? Never been to any type of match, I’d love to check it out. Only 30 minutes from me.

Unfortunately not going to be able to make it to this one but will to the next one. Make sure to post up new dates. Have fun.

This could be fun
Roger that... and if you shoot this one, then the DPRC match as well as the Guardian, you'll be gone at least one day for four out of the next five weekends... what was it you said today about your wife being forgiving...? :cool:

I'd like to do this one but have my 2nd covid shot the day before... too many people I know said #2 knocked 'em flat for 1-3 days (others said not so much but still some effect).

Gents - bad news. Due to limited sign ups and expected attendance the March match has been cancelled. Those that registered on Practiscore- refunds have been submitted via the range-master. Sorry for the news- well start planning for April.

Will keep an eye out for April.

Gents- sorry for the very delayed response. As for now there is no tentative future date... sorry. Many issues- most obviously the draw never exceeded 5 people. However there is good news. Just down the road (in Maxton) Liberty Precision Rimfire is running matches- and they are awesome! Ran one 2 weekends ago- and there is one already lined up for June (registration is open on PractiScore now) Link posted below-

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Talked to Chris at the Frontline PRS match the next day and he said it was a good match. I was supposed to shoot a team match in PA that day but it got canceled so I could have made it but it was too late. Will try and make the next one at Maxton.

Does this affect the range in general for weekend use, or is that business as usual?

Business as usual- no change to normal range usage. The competition stuff is just stifled - especially with the ammunition shortage. Most all courses are running reduced counts now- and honestly thought that .22 was a good option for keeping things active. But.... even match .22 is scarce- or was more so 2 months ago.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Talked to Chris at the Frontline PRS match the next day and he said it was a good match. I was supposed to shoot a team match in PA that day but it got canceled so I could have made it but it was too late. Will try and make the next one at Maxton.
Was an awesome match. Match director went above and beyond to host a fun and challenging match. Honestly reminds me of old school PRS before the sponsored jersey shooters and people chasing the prize tables.