• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

NRL22 Adjustable AR Stock Recommendation for CZ457 Chassis

Norman1950

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2020
Meridian, ID
I took the plunge into the CZ457 chassis world. I have a chassis coming from Indian Creek Designs. They are local to me and took the time (2 hours) to give me and a friend a tour of their shop to show off their products. They create some cool products out of their "little" shop.

This is the chassis I have on order, paired with the longer forend. The website says 455, but they do have the 457.

They do have an adjustable buttstock, but I am curious what other people are running on their chassis. I am not completely sold the ICD buttstock, especially for the price.

I have come across Total War Tactical buttstocks. Anyone have any experience with these stocks?

https://www.totalwartactical.com/pr...djustable-butt-stock-cheek-rest-buttstock-ab/.

I am open to some ideas, but not looking for crazy expensive ones. I do like the look of the MDT CCS also.

Thank you for your input/opinions (yes I know, everyone has one.....)

I took the plunge into the CZ457 chassis world. I have a chassis coming from Indian Creek Designs. They are local to me and took the time (2 hours) to give me and a friend a tour of their shop to show off their products. They create some cool products out of their "little" shop.

This is the chassis I have on order, paired with the longer forend. The website says 455, but they do have the 457.

They do have an adjustable buttstock, but I am curious what other people are running on their chassis. I am not completely sold the ICD buttstock, especially for the price.

I have come across Total War Tactical buttstocks. Anyone have any experience with these stocks?

https://www.totalwartactical.com/pr...djustable-butt-stock-cheek-rest-buttstock-ab/.

I am open to some ideas, but not looking for crazy expensive ones. I do like the look of the MDT CCS also.

Thank you for your input/opinions (yes I know, everyone has one.....)
Avoid anything that requires wrenches to adjust.

Of every suggestion you've been given, the Victory First looks like the most well thought out.

Reactions: Norman1950
I really like this one... thanks

I bet someone could put some screw knobs on the adjustment screws to help with on-the-fly adjustments. Even tho rarely touched once set.
Ive been shooting XLR Chassis for almost 10 years, I honestly have never had to adjust anything during a match. I already carry allen keys if I need to move anything. It's really not an issue.

It's hard to go back to anything else once you've had a stock with thumbwheel adjusters. No need to loosen or tighten anything.

Just spin the wheel, and a jackscrew moves the comb or buttplate exactly where you want it and it stays right there until you adjust it again.

Ive been shooting XLR Chassis for almost 10 years, I honestly have never had to adjust anything during a match. I already carry allen keys if I need to move anything. It's really not an issue.

I agree. A little bit of a pain to set up, but I haven't had to adjust it since then.

The XLR Element 4.0 chassis is now available to order. It has a 12-14 week lead time but maybe worth it as it has a built-in ARCA rail. I don't think it's up on their site yet. I called to order mine. Eagerly awaiting it.

The XLR Element 4.0 chassis is now available to order. It has a 12-14 week lead time but maybe worth it as it has a built-in ARCA rail. I don't think it's up on their site yet. I called to order mine. Eagerly awaiting it.
Thanks for the info. I just put it into the Indian Creek Design Chassis. Talked to the guys there and went ahead and ordered on of theirs. I am just waiting on them. For fun I put a Luth MBA3 on it.

Attachments

• 20210416_110022.jpg
    20210416_110022.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 92